I just don?t get the Samsung Galaxy S4, well I did get it but I returned it in just a few days.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Stop lying dude smh. My phone is LG and still don't lag or stutter at anything. My bro ip5 wishes it can handle what my phone can smh. Btw I saw his force close 5 times so that myth is out the window.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
Seriously? Grow up.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As an iPhone user and as a sometimey Android user I find myself reaching for my iPhone more often than none. I think the main reason is because it is so simple. I love the ability to customize my screens but after a while the wow factor wears off. I had the S4 three different times and always ended up going back to iPhone 5. I would love to see the battery life on the 5 match that of the S4 but then again we can't always get what we want. I never had any real issues out of the S4 to be honest but the ease and crisp feel and function of the apps was what got me over and by with the iPhone. The camera on the S4 was great but at the end of the day I felt like and feel like the S4 and any Android for that matter is too cumbersome.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you are worrying about lag on the S4, you should try the Note 2. It's just good but with a bigger screen and without much bloat..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah... I think the OP has some super battery life because I don't get close to that even with the brightness down.

I'm guessing WhatsApp is the cause.

Idk, I have to agree with the op. I get pretty awesome battery life as well. I have had my phone last two days a couple of times when I forget to charge. I also have had my phone have around 50-80% battery left at the end of the day!

There are a few things to consider though.

- usage times
- data source being used (wifi, 3G, 2g/edge
- data signal
- GPS apps in the background.
- types of apps/content being used

I have noticed some apps like google maps, apple maps, and other map related apps.can drain your battery faster when in the background (even if unused a while) this is ESPECIALLY noticeable when you are in lower signal data areas. This brings me to the next point, signal. Data signal can have a significant impact on battery life. In my experience, my lte actually gives me significantly better battery life because the signal is strong and fast. I don't notice much if any loss of idle time and when using I see only incremental depletion of battery life when using lte compared to wifi. However, when using 3G my battery drain varies and being in a poor 3G signal all day does put my phone around 20% by the end of the night give or take 10%.ive always had this problem on sprint but since lte is in the city I live, It isn't common anymore! Also, the amount of wifi used can alleviate signal issues and is the most efficient for data. If you can, use it as much as possible!

Types of apps and usage time also play a major role. High graphic games and video streaming can really drain the battery while music listening and non-data simple apps don't.

Compared to my old galaxy s2 this phone kills it on battery life! Androids battery life also can vary by use but I do notice there's more maintenance required in order to do that in many cases. Also apps are more prone to using too much memory or not completely closing even when swiping away (something that was supposed to change with ics but doesn't seem to have). Also, idle times on android are much worse. I can not use my phone all day and it be at & 80% at the end of the day while the same usage and times on my old phone would put me at 20%. I can easily only drop 1-2% on my iphone in places with good signal while my old phone would drop 5-10 percent per hour, both with little to no usage. That's my experience though and is based on my usage and apps. Until batteries become smaller and hold more juice, battery life experiences will always vary. My cousin thinks I'm crazy for calling the iPhone battery life good and a reason I like it. I do think signal plays a big role in this as well as app usage and os

pmcglynn72

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My last device before this iPhone 5 was a galaxy s 2 . With stock battery I could go through a full charge in 2 hours. With the 1150 mag stock battery. I had to buy a big 3800 mah battery. Really made the phone big and bulky but I could power use it all day long and have life to spare. All I miss about that phone was the Tmo wifi calling and some apps and stuff I can't do on here till a jailbreak comes out . I do like the solid steel feel of this and the complete stability. I had 8 or 9 Android phones Nd there was always a bug.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Idk, I have to agree with the op. I get pretty awesome battery life as well. I have had my phone last two days a couple of times when I forget to charge. I also have had my phone have around 50-80% battery left at the end of the day!

There are a few things to consider though.

- usage times
- data source being used (wifi, 3G, 2g/edge
- data signal
- GPS apps in the background.
- types of apps/content being used

I have noticed some apps like google maps, apple maps, and other map related apps.can drain your battery faster when in the background (even if unused a while) this is ESPECIALLY noticeable when you are in lower signal data areas. This brings me to the next point, signal. Data signal can have a significant impact on battery life. In my experience, my lte actually gives me significantly better battery life because the signal is strong and fast. I don't notice much if any loss of idle time and when using I see only incremental depletion of battery life when using lte compared to wifi. However, when using 3G my battery drain varies and being in a poor 3G signal all day does put my phone around 20% by the end of the night give or take 10%.ive always had this problem on sprint but since lte is in the city I live, It isn't common anymore! Also, the amount of wifi used can alleviate signal issues and is the most efficient for data. If you can, use it as much as possible!

Types of apps and usage time also play a major role. High graphic games and video streaming can really drain the battery while music listening and non-data simple apps don't.

Compared to my old galaxy s2 this phone kills it on battery life! Androids battery life also can vary by use but I do notice there's more maintenance required in order to do that in many cases. Also apps are more prone to using too much memory or not completely closing even when swiping away (something that was supposed to change with ics but doesn't seem to have). Also, idle times on android are much worse. I can not use my phone all day and it be at & 80% at the end of the day while the same usage and times on my old phone would put me at 20%. I can easily only drop 1-2% on my iphone in places with good signal while my old phone would drop 5-10 percent per hour, both with little to no usage. That's my experience though and is based on my usage and apps. Until batteries become smaller and hold more juice, battery life experiences will always vary. My cousin thinks I'm crazy for calling the iPhone battery life good and a reason I like it. I do think signal plays a big role in this as well as app usage and os

Great write up with some very good points here. Thank you for posting this. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2