I do not get that much battery life on my iPhone 5, like you do with my brightness up. In fact, I keep mine around 20% or less.

With the s4... I actually decided to skip, along with the htc one as I do not like Android, one bit.

Android devices have these high specs for a reason... even with those specs, I prefer the other 3 (iOS, BB and WP) over Android.
    Exactly, people don't realize IPC matters because smartphones are not server/highly threaded environments. An s4 dual vs quad is the same thing and the fact that s4 dual cores get 2k on geekbench matching androids is enough evidence.
    I don't understand how/why people call S4 latest and greatest. ( I get the latest part and yes I am being serious). It's not just this thread, but in others also, people mention all the features, and then in the end shut them off. So they are left with a thin plastic Android device. They keep them in their pocket ( instead of a holster or pouch) and then get surprised when their screen is cracked. They also only have 9 Gb of storage free.

In reference to the HTC One, which doesn't have a home button, has dual front speakers, Beats audio, 32 or 64Gb of storage (no need to manage SD cards) , and great battery life. Its aluminum construction is less prone to flex.

Is a five inch screen really that much better than a 4.7" ? Is the same CPU, overclocked by 200 MHz that much faster ?

Seriously, what gives ?
    It's not built for usability, it's built to sell, and it does but it's really about putting technology together and calling it a day. The other 3 actually care about how the thing works instead of what's in it.
    See, that's it. How is the S4 a great device ? People complain of lag, pulling the phone out of their pocket and noticing the screen is cracked, only having 9 gigs of storage free, not liking Touch Wiz, gimmicky features that don't always work, screen that's not all that great outdoors, and on and on...

Removable battery ? Of all the phones I have had, I've never bought an extra battery and its something extra to carry. Removable SD card ? I've got a 32 gig phone, so it's nice not having to manage SD cards. I also have no desire to carry almost a TB of digital media with me at all times. So it doesn't sound all that great to me, so what gives ? Did they sign a deal with the devil or something ?
    Noo, man removable battery is amazing not waiting on a charge or anything, doing w.e you want with the phone for 2 days because you know in literally 70 seconds you'll be back up and running on a full charge. Plus, in case someone else's phone dies you can use your battery to charge theirs.
    I guess to each his own ....

I switched to an iPhone 5 in late March at the urging of my children and grand children...and to be frank...I DO NOT LIKE the darn thing..
    Although I am 70 years old I consider this an old mans phone... I can't "hot rod" ... customize to meet my own needs nearly as easy as I could my original HTC EVO 4 G ..

Battery life is not great heck I have to use my Morphie Air Pack every day in the early evening ...I have absolutely no games on the phone....but I do read a lot on the phone.(no e-mail because I can't find a good app that allows me to delete 100 messages with 1 or 2 taps...) ...

Not a complaint in the world about its build quality...but honestly its the Oldsmobile of phones or maybe a Buick ...I prefer Corvettes (and Porches !!!!)

Bob G
    I was going to get a note 2 but realized I hate android, I would have gotten Iphone but it feels like a closed space you are banging your head against.

So I went with bb10 and have to say I love it, but that for me Ios is def. second I may try out Iphone 6 as I want to keep my Z10 for atleast another year or two and 10.2 + actionable notifications is doing its thing.
    07-18-2013 10:59 AM
    Lol at buttery smooth androids. Never had a buttery smooth android. Not even my android tablet is buttery smooth.
    Stop lying dude smh. My phone is LG and still don't lag or stutter at anything. My bro ip5 wishes it can handle what my phone can smh. Btw I saw his force close 5 times so that myth is out the window.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 10:25 AM
    Stop lying dude smh. My phone is LG and still don't lag or stutter at anything. My bro ip5 wishes it can handle what my phone can smh. Btw I saw his force close 5 times so that myth is out the window.

Ummmm Right.....
    07-19-2013 11:11 AM
    In addition.....

The reason it seems like a war is because most people do NOT have the money to use both Android and iOS. So, they are left with the struggle to figure out which one to choose before giving up their $200-$500 or whatever. One must weight out the pros/cons of both handsets and match it with their personal use
    07-19-2013 11:19 AM

Is this the new age of E-threats? "Your phone wishes it could handle what mine can...my phone could beat your phone up!" lol...these trolls are comedic.
    bgl321 likes this.
    07-19-2013 11:21 AM
    Ummmm Right.....
    Ummm I'm not a fan boy and actually spent a lot of time using BOTH platforms. Smh

07-19-2013 08:14 PM
    Is this the new age of E-threats? "Your phone wishes it could handle what mine can...my phone could beat your phone up!" lol...these trolls are comedic.
    Lil kid name calling I see smh.

07-19-2013 08:15 PM
    My take is I'm glad the S4 is in competition with the i5 cause we the consumer win out

If the iPhone was the only game in town we would be paying over a grand for it

Sent from my iPhone 5
    bgl321 likes this.
    07-19-2013 08:26 PM
    I use both S4 and a Iphone 5. Have no problems at all wit lagg on my S4. It runs just as smooth as my Iphone 5.
    I also have better batterylife on my S4.

Skickat med Tapatalk
    07-20-2013 04:37 AM
    Haha I can see it now like those old "I can do anything better than you" Gatorade commercials.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.
    07-20-2013 06:36 AM

Seriously? Grow up.
    07-21-2013 05:21 AM
    As an iPhone user and as a sometimey Android user I find myself reaching for my iPhone more often than none. I think the main reason is because it is so simple. I love the ability to customize my screens but after a while the wow factor wears off. I had the S4 three different times and always ended up going back to iPhone 5. I would love to see the battery life on the 5 match that of the S4 but then again we can't always get what we want. I never had any real issues out of the S4 to be honest but the ease and crisp feel and function of the apps was what got me over and by with the iPhone. The camera on the S4 was great but at the end of the day I felt like and feel like the S4 and any Android for that matter is too cumbersome.
    07-21-2013 02:23 PM
    Seriously? Grow up.
    None of what I said was either immature or a lie smh.

Sent from my T-mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2013 09:33 PM
    I'm upset I bought an iPhone 5 and now I can't jailbreak because I have 6.1.4.,I might take it back tomorrow.
    07-21-2013 11:39 PM
    None of what I said was either immature or a lie smh.

Sent from my T-mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    Yes it was "smh"
    07-22-2013 03:44 AM
    If you are worrying about lag on the S4, you should try the Note 2. It's just good but with a bigger screen and without much bloat..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    07-22-2013 04:51 AM
    Yeah... I think the OP has some super battery life because I don't get close to that even with the brightness down.

I'm guessing WhatsApp is the cause.
    Idk, I have to agree with the op. I get pretty awesome battery life as well. I have had my phone last two days a couple of times when I forget to charge. I also have had my phone have around 50-80% battery left at the end of the day!

There are a few things to consider though.

- usage times
    - data source being used (wifi, 3G, 2g/edge
    - data signal
    - GPS apps in the background.
    - types of apps/content being used

I have noticed some apps like google maps, apple maps, and other map related apps.can drain your battery faster when in the background (even if unused a while) this is ESPECIALLY noticeable when you are in lower signal data areas. This brings me to the next point, signal. Data signal can have a significant impact on battery life. In my experience, my lte actually gives me significantly better battery life because the signal is strong and fast. I don't notice much if any loss of idle time and when using I see only incremental depletion of battery life when using lte compared to wifi. However, when using 3G my battery drain varies and being in a poor 3G signal all day does put my phone around 20% by the end of the night give or take 10%.ive always had this problem on sprint but since lte is in the city I live, It isn't common anymore! Also, the amount of wifi used can alleviate signal issues and is the most efficient for data. If you can, use it as much as possible!

Types of apps and usage time also play a major role. High graphic games and video streaming can really drain the battery while music listening and non-data simple apps don't.

Compared to my old galaxy s2 this phone kills it on battery life! Androids battery life also can vary by use but I do notice there's more maintenance required in order to do that in many cases. Also apps are more prone to using too much memory or not completely closing even when swiping away (something that was supposed to change with ics but doesn't seem to have). Also, idle times on android are much worse. I can not use my phone all day and it be at & 80% at the end of the day while the same usage and times on my old phone would put me at 20%. I can easily only drop 1-2% on my iphone in places with good signal while my old phone would drop 5-10 percent per hour, both with little to no usage. That's my experience though and is based on my usage and apps. Until batteries become smaller and hold more juice, battery life experiences will always vary. My cousin thinks I'm crazy for calling the iPhone battery life good and a reason I like it. I do think signal plays a big role in this as well as app usage and os
    Eileen89 likes this.
    07-22-2013 05:42 AM
    My last device before this iPhone 5 was a galaxy s 2 . With stock battery I could go through a full charge in 2 hours. With the 1150 mag stock battery. I had to buy a big 3800 mah battery. Really made the phone big and bulky but I could power use it all day long and have life to spare. All I miss about that phone was the Tmo wifi calling and some apps and stuff I can't do on here till a jailbreak comes out . I do like the solid steel feel of this and the complete stability. I had 8 or 9 Android phones Nd there was always a bug.
    07-23-2013 11:54 PM
    Idk, I have to agree with the op. I get pretty awesome battery life as well. I have had my phone last two days a couple of times when I forget to charge. I also have had my phone have around 50-80% battery left at the end of the day!

There are a few things to consider though.

- usage times
    - data source being used (wifi, 3G, 2g/edge
    - data signal
    - GPS apps in the background.
    - types of apps/content being used

I have noticed some apps like google maps, apple maps, and other map related apps.can drain your battery faster when in the background (even if unused a while) this is ESPECIALLY noticeable when you are in lower signal data areas. This brings me to the next point, signal. Data signal can have a significant impact on battery life. In my experience, my lte actually gives me significantly better battery life because the signal is strong and fast. I don't notice much if any loss of idle time and when using I see only incremental depletion of battery life when using lte compared to wifi. However, when using 3G my battery drain varies and being in a poor 3G signal all day does put my phone around 20% by the end of the night give or take 10%.ive always had this problem on sprint but since lte is in the city I live, It isn't common anymore! Also, the amount of wifi used can alleviate signal issues and is the most efficient for data. If you can, use it as much as possible!

Types of apps and usage time also play a major role. High graphic games and video streaming can really drain the battery while music listening and non-data simple apps don't.

Compared to my old galaxy s2 this phone kills it on battery life! Androids battery life also can vary by use but I do notice there's more maintenance required in order to do that in many cases. Also apps are more prone to using too much memory or not completely closing even when swiping away (something that was supposed to change with ics but doesn't seem to have). Also, idle times on android are much worse. I can not use my phone all day and it be at & 80% at the end of the day while the same usage and times on my old phone would put me at 20%. I can easily only drop 1-2% on my iphone in places with good signal while my old phone would drop 5-10 percent per hour, both with little to no usage. That's my experience though and is based on my usage and apps. Until batteries become smaller and hold more juice, battery life experiences will always vary. My cousin thinks I'm crazy for calling the iPhone battery life good and a reason I like it. I do think signal plays a big role in this as well as app usage and os
    Great write up with some very good points here. Thank you for posting this.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 06:53 PM
69 123