I just don?t get the Samsung Galaxy S4, well I did get it but I returned it in just a few days.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 5 and then upgraded to the gs4. I literally had it for two days. I was having desperation anxiety from my iPhone. Lol But the gs4 was a good phone BUT gave me nothing but problems. I didn't like the quality of the photos on the front facing camera. The iPhone front facing camera photos are amazing and clear. Gs4 had blurriness to its front facing pictures. Then when I would charge it , it would take THREE WHOLE HOURS TO COMPLETE A CHARGE. maybe more. When I would use it, it would get extremely HOT. I was ready to cook a burger on it. That's how hot it got. Lol It's got a lot of great features and it's a really nice phone but too many issues. Oh and the battery life would wear out quickly compared to my iPhone. I had to disable Bluetooth and air view and smart stay. I really wish that it would of worked out for me with the GS4. But a lot of the problems I was experiencing, I experienced with my gs3 too. Maybe I will give the gs4 a shot again and hope that I just had a defective phone. But when u google the problems that I was having, a lot of people were having them too

I'm curious to know what the iPhone 5 lacks, for you personally, that you truly wish the S4 would work for you?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I misunderstood my english classes on what a question should look like. I was only trying to explain my point of view on my Galaxy S4. Yes I am very content with my new device and would like to share my expierence on this thread, seeing that is extremely relevant to the OP. I meant in no way to critize any other device as I stated the iPhone is an amazing device as well. Thank you :)

Actually, the OP did pose a question with regards to the S4 in his second to last statement when he said, " What is the appeal?"

Both of you should look up the definition of the word "rhetorical"...

pottyvick

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the gs4 for a couple weeks on tmobile and it was a little sluggish at times. it did have great camera features but most i wouldnt use day to day. The sluggish part i think is TW based on what some reviews have also said. I didnt hate the phone but i am very picky when it comes to lagginess. I didnt have that with the HTC one but i needed more MP camera cause i print my pictures.... Just my thoughts...

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 5 and couldnt be happier. I tried the s4 but found it laggy too. iOS 6 is great. Simple and it works

HeLLb0y

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So, once again I'm back. I had the 32gb GS4 for about 23 days total. Before that I had a 64gb iPhone 5 but I wanted to see what this "GS4" was all about. So I traded my iPhone for a GS4. I have to admit. Everything I read about it was true. It was quick, still had lag to it and still wasnt as smooth. The camera, I would say was equally as good as the iphones. I was expecting more. It just doesnt deliver. Now, I did everything to try and speed the phone up. I enabled the developer options; turned everything off. I even rooted it and froze or disabled the att bloat. So after awhile I started thinking, Im just going back to the iPhone 5 and see if I can get back on a 64gb. I almost settled on a 32gb but held on. I restored the GS4 packed it back up, found my old iphone 4 and popped the sim in and fired it up. 2 days later Im back on an iPhone 5 64gb in black. Now its back to finding a good case for this thing. Honestly, Im glad to be back.

Punjabi84

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I do not get that much battery life on my iPhone 5, like you do with my brightness up. In fact, I keep mine around 20% or less.

With the s4... I actually decided to skip, along with the htc one as I do not like Android, one bit.

Android devices have these high specs for a reason... even with those specs, I prefer the other 3 (iOS, BB and WP) over Android.
Exactly, people don't realize IPC matters because smartphones are not server/highly threaded environments. An s4 dual vs quad is the same thing and the fact that s4 dual cores get 2k on geekbench matching androids is enough evidence.
I don't understand how/why people call S4 latest and greatest. ( I get the latest part and yes I am being serious). It's not just this thread, but in others also, people mention all the features, and then in the end shut them off. So they are left with a thin plastic Android device. They keep them in their pocket ( instead of a holster or pouch) and then get surprised when their screen is cracked. They also only have 9 Gb of storage free.

In reference to the HTC One, which doesn't have a home button, has dual front speakers, Beats audio, 32 or 64Gb of storage (no need to manage SD cards) , and great battery life. Its aluminum construction is less prone to flex.

Is a five inch screen really that much better than a 4.7" ? Is the same CPU, overclocked by 200 MHz that much faster ?

Seriously, what gives ?
It's not built for usability, it's built to sell, and it does but it's really about putting technology together and calling it a day. The other 3 actually care about how the thing works instead of what's in it.
See, that's it. How is the S4 a great device ? People complain of lag, pulling the phone out of their pocket and noticing the screen is cracked, only having 9 gigs of storage free, not liking Touch Wiz, gimmicky features that don't always work, screen that's not all that great outdoors, and on and on...

Removable battery ? Of all the phones I have had, I've never bought an extra battery and its something extra to carry. Removable SD card ? I've got a 32 gig phone, so it's nice not having to manage SD cards. I also have no desire to carry almost a TB of digital media with me at all times. So it doesn't sound all that great to me, so what gives ? Did they sign a deal with the devil or something ?
Noo, man removable battery is amazing not waiting on a charge or anything, doing w.e you want with the phone for 2 days because you know in literally 70 seconds you'll be back up and running on a full charge. Plus, in case someone else's phone dies you can use your battery to charge theirs. :D
I guess to each his own ....

I switched to an iPhone 5 in late March at the urging of my children and grand children...and to be frank...I DO NOT LIKE the darn thing..
Although I am 70 years old I consider this an old mans phone... I can't "hot rod" ... customize to meet my own needs nearly as easy as I could my original HTC EVO 4 G ..

Battery life is not great heck I have to use my Morphie Air Pack every day in the early evening ...I have absolutely no games on the phone....but I do read a lot on the phone.(no e-mail because I can't find a good app that allows me to delete 100 messages with 1 or 2 taps...) ...

Not a complaint in the world about its build quality...but honestly its the Oldsmobile of phones or maybe a Buick ...I prefer Corvettes (and Porches !!!!)

Bob G
I was going to get a note 2 but realized I hate android, I would have gotten Iphone but it feels like a closed space you are banging your head against.

So I went with bb10 and have to say I love it, but that for me Ios is def. second I may try out Iphone 6 as I want to keep my Z10 for atleast another year or two and 10.2 + actionable notifications is doing its thing.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol at buttery smooth androids. Never had a buttery smooth android. Not even my android tablet is buttery smooth.

Stop lying dude smh. My phone is LG and still don't lag or stutter at anything. My bro ip5 wishes it can handle what my phone can smh. Btw I saw his force close 5 times so that myth is out the window.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Stop lying dude smh. My phone is LG and still don't lag or stutter at anything. My bro ip5 wishes it can handle what my phone can smh. Btw I saw his force close 5 times so that myth is out the window.

Ummmm Right.....

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
In addition.....

The reason it seems like a war is because most people do NOT have the money to use both Android and iOS. So, they are left with the struggle to figure out which one to choose before giving up their $200-$500 or whatever. One must weight out the pros/cons of both handsets and match it with their personal use

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Is this the new age of E-threats? "Your phone wishes it could handle what mine can...my phone could beat your phone up!" lol...these trolls are comedic.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My take is I'm glad the S4 is in competition with the i5 cause we the consumer win out

If the iPhone was the only game in town we would be paying over a grand for it

Sent from my iPhone 5

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use both S4 and a Iphone 5. Have no problems at all wit lagg on my S4. It runs just as smooth as my Iphone 5.
I also have better batterylife on my S4.

Skickat med Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is this the new age of E-threats? "Your phone wishes it could handle what mine can...my phone could beat your phone up!" lol...these trolls are comedic.

Haha I can see it now like those old "I can do anything better than you" Gatorade commercials.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox