Which size of the phone below do you want next iphone be?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That's not the experts saying that, its the marketing team.:sarcastic:

No sir. It is experts. Are you a Human Factors engineer or ergonomist that knows about these type of things? I happen to be a Human Factors Engineer, so I know a thing or two about this...

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would say people can comfortably navigate a 4.3" display. And why can't Apple just give us an option for a bigger 4.7" or 5" display? People that like the 4" iPhone and the people that don't can get the 5" iPhone.

Apple CAN give it to you... but they have a business plan, and are acting on it. You can always save your pennies and start your own company to manufacture phones and devices of your choosing. Perhaps they will eventually produce additional/different devices, but for now, they’re don’t. It’s the golden rule: they got the gold, so they get to make the rules.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have a question that is similar to that of the OP's. if Apple were to introduce a 4.3, 4.7 and a 5 inch iPhone (all 'without' retina displays), would those of you who demand a larger display still purchase one of them?

I don't think I would but if it was the only offering at the time, I would.
Good Luck

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS IS designed to be used one handed. That's why the screens aren't huge like on Android. They designed the experience for a screen that at least 90% of the population can reach all corners. Android just designs whatever they think people want. Apple designs what people need.

Apple did not design iOS for one handed use; they designed the iPhone for one handed use. There's a difference. They designed the hardware around making it small enough to reach the entire screen with your thumb. They demonstrate that in one of their ads. If iOS is designed for one handed use they did a poor job of it. Android's OS is much better designed in that regard, whether or not it was intentional.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple did not design iOS for one handed use; they designed the iPhone for one handed use. There's a difference. They designed the hardware around making it small enough to reach the entire screen with your thumb. They demonstrate that in one of their ads. If iOS is designed for one handed use they did a poor job of it. Android's OS is much better designed in that regard, whether or not it was intentional.

This times 1000.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a question that is similar to that of the OP's. if Apple were to introduce a 4.3, 4.7 and a 5 inch iPhone (all 'without' retina displays), would those of you who demand a larger display still purchase one of them?

If it were 1920 x 1080 I would. Make 4.7" please. While I think 5" is stretching it a bit, I would check it out. When you say non-retina, what resolution are you suggesting 1136 x 640 ? No.

Because they design the entire experience around single hand use on a smaller screen. If they go any larger than 4" then this will become and issue.

Issue for some not all. I do two handed texting. iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Magnum. You get to use yours the way you want efficiently, and I get to use mine my way, efficiently. One would not affect the other. All will be well in Willie's World.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGS90HEbP5U

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPhone one handed all the time! I like the phone because of it. I personally wouldn't want a bigger one because I wouldn't be able to secure the phone as easily with one hand and would probably drop it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPhone one handed all the time! I like the phone because of it. I personally wouldn't want a bigger one because I wouldn't be able to secure the phone as easily with one hand and would probably drop it.

Sent from my iPhone 5

But are you against the choice of people wanting it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But are you against the choice of people wanting it?

You can want whatever you want. That doesn’t mean that Apple will ever do it. And to answer your question, I DON’T want a larger screen. If Apple ends up with only one size screen, and that size is larger than 4", then yes, I would be against it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope Apple keeps the iPhone around 4". I'd be ok with a screen of 4.2. But any larger I wouldn't want it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

LOL...What?

iOS is the core of the iPhone...both of them were designed specifically with one handed use in mind (to this point).

As much as you'd like to think you represent the majority of iPhone users in your desire for this large screen device...in reality, you represent a niche, and Apple does not conform hardware to niche requests, never have...never will.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL...What?

iOS is the core of the iPhone...both of them were designed specifically with one handed use in mind (to this point).

As much as you'd like to think you represent the majority of iPhone users in your desire for this large screen device...in reality, you represent a niche, and Apple does not conform hardware to niche requests, never have...never will.

You are correct; I am wrong! But I still maintain that the one handed design involves making the screen small enough to reach all of it with the thumb. How else can you explain putting prompts, navigation, and icons at the top (and sometimes the top left) of the screen? I think to say that that's part of the one handed design is an insult to Apple.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
As an aging baby boomer the iPhone 5 was a good size until Apple went and screwed it up with iOS 7. They made the fonts smaller at the top where the clock and battery life is as well as the words under the icons. And the color patterns on the icons don't make any better.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would say if apple do decide to go bigger I say it should go as big as the htc one.. I think that looks like a good size for a phone

BuLL eTZ1

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I take no issue with the smart phones other than, the outrageous size of these phones that are being released. It is ridiculous. Now the new thing is curved screens, I mean really they are calling that innovative. Save your money and wait for the foldable screens. There is no innovation in curved glass. it has been around for decades.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73