Which size of the phone below do you want next iphone be?

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the world of Android, I really thought I would miss the 4.7" inch form factor that I had gotten used to with my Razr HD (or any of the screen sizes in that range). I've had my iP5 now for about two months and I can honestly say I'm completely satisfied with the current form factor. I don't think I would complain if Apple bumped up the screen by half an inch or so, but I also won't complain if they stick with the current 4" size.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Some people still want compact phones. iPhone 5 size is as big as I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I love the size of my iPhone 5. If I want to do anything that's needs a bigger screen like watching movies or playing certain games I just hop on my iPad. A friend of mine has a Note 2. It's nice but looks awkward when she carries it around or uses it for calls

Sent from my iPhone 5

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a general assumption that people who dont have a mid device like an iPad are the ones that would like a larger iPhone. Is my assumption correct?

Not sure. I am an iPad user (WiFi only), but I have a 4.7" phone. The size is right, and the screen is gorgeous. The Note 2 is too extreme for me.

I am not a Samsung user, but S4 people are complaining of their screen cracking. I am not sure if it's the size, Gorilla Glass 3, or the fact that it's a cheaply made device. It's probably a combination of the three, with the addition of being shoved in a front pocket.

To me, 4.7" seems to be the sweet spot.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
A little bigger than the iPhone 5, maybe slightly wider. It looks very weird being that long and think, and a bit more screen real estate goes a long way.

Yup....that's it for me too.

Just a touch wider.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
4 inches like the iPhone 5 currently is. Any bigger and you'll have issues typing and navigating with one hand.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Good point jclisenby. Would never have thought of this.
Food Luck

Apple designs their phones using Human Factors Engineering to determine appropriate sizes for screens, icons, text, etc... The goal is to build a device that 90% of the population can use with no issues. Any larger than that, you won't reach the desired audience.

I can see them possibly, and I mean its only a small possibility, going bigger. I think if they do go bigger, it'll be a 2 model system to accommodate all hand sizes. Women, in particular, can't comfortably use a phone that's larger than 4".

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Apple designs their phones using Human Factors Engineering to determine appropriate sizes for screens, icons, text, etc... The goal is to build a device that 90% of the population can use with no issues. Any larger than that, you won't reach the desired audience.

I can see them possibly, and I mean its only a small possibility, going bigger. I think if they do go bigger, it'll be a 2 model system to accommodate all hand sizes. Women, in particular, can't comfortably use a phone that's larger than 4".

Well said jclisenby.
I need the one hand function a lot.
Good Luck

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well said jclisenby.
I need the one hand function a lot.
Good Luck

I find it interesting how iPhone users often mention the importance of one handed use. Do iPhone users require one handed use more? Is one handed use simply not an option for Android users because of larger devices? Do iPhone users tout it because they have the defend the small screen size?

I guess I think about it because I virtually never use my phones one handed. My 1st "modern" smartphone had a 3.2" screen and I used 2 hands if possible. I have rather small hands so maybe that makes a difference for me. Most times when I use my phone I have both hands available. If you have only one hand available that means you're doing something else, right? :raised-eyebrow:

I carry an iPhone 5 as my 2nd phone, and the screen size is one of the few things keeping me from making it my primary device. My main phone is a Nexus 4, and the 4.7" screen is good for me. I'd like to see something from Apple in the 4.5" to 5" range. That would bring me closer to the brink.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I always used two hands, I find it faster and more accurate. I ditched a BB 9810 (it was their slider model, if anyone cares), for an HTC One, I found the iPhone screen too narrow. I am much faster with two thumbed typing on the touchscreen than I was on the chicklet keyboard. (I do miss the optical track pad. Hmm next iPhone has a larger, higher res screen and replaces the home button with a track pad. ;) )

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a general assumption that people who dont have a mid device like an iPad are the ones that would like a larger iPhone. Is my assumption correct?

I'm not sure about that. I don't have an iPad and don't want a larger iPhone. Actually, I'm ok with the 4s size but I would like to have the iPhone 5 size even more.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I find it interesting how iPhone users often mention the importance of one handed use. Do iPhone users require one handed use more? Is one handed use simply not an option for Android users because of larger devices? Do iPhone users tout it because they have the defend the small screen size?

I guess I think about it because I virtually never use my phones one handed. My 1st "modern" smartphone had a 3.2" screen and I used 2 hands if possible. I have rather small hands so maybe that makes a difference for me. Most times when I use my phone I have both hands available. If you have only one hand available that means you're doing something else, right? :raised-eyebrow:

I carry an iPhone 5 as my 2nd phone, and the screen size is one of the few things keeping me from making it my primary device. My main phone is a Nexus 4, and the 4.7" screen is good for me. I'd like to see something from Apple in the 4.5" to 5" range. That would bring me closer to the brink.

I've always thought the "one handed use" argument was a bit overrated. Granted I can't speak for everyone, but being able to use the phone with one hand is almost meaningless to me. I'm just as content using two hands if I have to.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got small hands, and I've got an SGIII.

I don't see an iPhone getting that big in the near future, but if there were one released, I'd get it instantly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the current size of the iPhone 5 and I really don't "need" anything larger, however, if Apple decides to sell an iPhone with a larger screen size, I wouldn't want it to exceed 4.3 inches, but that's Just Me, D...:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally don’t want a larger screen than what Apple is producing today. For me, the 4" screen is a sweet spot. However, since Apple is designing and building them, we are forced to use what they give us. And if they eventually offer multiple devices with different size screens, then we will have to choose from their offerings. But whatever Apple produces in the future, it will set sales records every time out.

Apple has taken on the Henry Ford model... he once said of the Model-T "any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black". The same applies to Apple. You can have any size screen that you want, as long as it’s (currently) 4".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2