4.3 to 4.5 is my sweet spot. I found the Gs3 awkward at times with my girl hands.
    06-29-2013 12:21 PM
    4 inches like the iPhone 5 currently is. Any bigger and you'll have issues typing and navigating with one hand.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Fausty82 and TurboTiger like this.
    06-29-2013 08:52 PM
    4 inches like the iPhone 5 currently is. Any bigger and you'll have issues typing and navigating with one hand.

Good point jclisenby. Would never have thought of this.
    Food Luck
    06-29-2013 09:21 PM
    Just fine for one hand typing. Leave it alone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-29-2013 09:24 PM
    Good point jclisenby. Would never have thought of this.
    Food Luck
    Apple designs their phones using Human Factors Engineering to determine appropriate sizes for screens, icons, text, etc... The goal is to build a device that 90% of the population can use with no issues. Any larger than that, you won't reach the desired audience.

I can see them possibly, and I mean its only a small possibility, going bigger. I think if they do go bigger, it'll be a 2 model system to accommodate all hand sizes. Women, in particular, can't comfortably use a phone that's larger than 4".

TurboTiger likes this.
    06-29-2013 09:26 PM
    Apple designs their phones using Human Factors Engineering to determine appropriate sizes for screens, icons, text, etc... The goal is to build a device that 90% of the population can use with no issues. Any larger than that, you won't reach the desired audience.

I can see them possibly, and I mean its only a small possibility, going bigger. I think if they do go bigger, it'll be a 2 model system to accommodate all hand sizes. Women, in particular, can't comfortably use a phone that's larger than 4".

Well said jclisenby.
    I need the one hand function a lot.
    Good Luck
    jclisenby likes this.
    06-29-2013 09:55 PM
    Well said jclisenby.
    I need the one hand function a lot.
    Good Luck
    I find it interesting how iPhone users often mention the importance of one handed use. Do iPhone users require one handed use more? Is one handed use simply not an option for Android users because of larger devices? Do iPhone users tout it because they have the defend the small screen size?

I guess I think about it because I virtually never use my phones one handed. My 1st "modern" smartphone had a 3.2" screen and I used 2 hands if possible. I have rather small hands so maybe that makes a difference for me. Most times when I use my phone I have both hands available. If you have only one hand available that means you're doing something else, right?

I carry an iPhone 5 as my 2nd phone, and the screen size is one of the few things keeping me from making it my primary device. My main phone is a Nexus 4, and the 4.7" screen is good for me. I'd like to see something from Apple in the 4.5" to 5" range. That would bring me closer to the brink.
    anon5664829 and djjohnson like this.
    06-29-2013 10:18 PM
    I always used two hands, I find it faster and more accurate. I ditched a BB 9810 (it was their slider model, if anyone cares), for an HTC One, I found the iPhone screen too narrow. I am much faster with two thumbed typing on the touchscreen than I was on the chicklet keyboard. (I do miss the optical track pad. Hmm next iPhone has a larger, higher res screen and replaces the home button with a track pad. )
    06-29-2013 10:32 PM
    I have a general assumption that people who dont have a mid device like an iPad are the ones that would like a larger iPhone. Is my assumption correct?
    I'm not sure about that. I don't have an iPad and don't want a larger iPhone. Actually, I'm ok with the 4s size but I would like to have the iPhone 5 size even more.
    06-29-2013 10:37 PM
    HTC One.
    06-30-2013 12:37 AM
    I find it interesting how iPhone users often mention the importance of one handed use. Do iPhone users require one handed use more? Is one handed use simply not an option for Android users because of larger devices? Do iPhone users tout it because they have the defend the small screen size?

I guess I think about it because I virtually never use my phones one handed. My 1st "modern" smartphone had a 3.2" screen and I used 2 hands if possible. I have rather small hands so maybe that makes a difference for me. Most times when I use my phone I have both hands available. If you have only one hand available that means you're doing something else, right?

I carry an iPhone 5 as my 2nd phone, and the screen size is one of the few things keeping me from making it my primary device. My main phone is a Nexus 4, and the 4.7" screen is good for me. I'd like to see something from Apple in the 4.5" to 5" range. That would bring me closer to the brink.
    I've always thought the "one handed use" argument was a bit overrated. Granted I can't speak for everyone, but being able to use the phone with one hand is almost meaningless to me. I'm just as content using two hands if I have to.
    djjohnson likes this.
    06-30-2013 08:56 AM
    I've got small hands, and I've got an SGIII.

I don't see an iPhone getting that big in the near future, but if there were one released, I'd get it instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-2013 09:17 AM
    I'd like to see the next iPhone fall into the 4.3" to 4.7" range.
    06-30-2013 11:14 AM
    I like the current size of the iPhone 5 and I really don't "need" anything larger, however, if Apple decides to sell an iPhone with a larger screen size, I wouldn't want it to exceed 4.3 inches, but that's Just Me, D...
    06-30-2013 11:19 AM
    I personally don’t want a larger screen than what Apple is producing today. For me, the 4" screen is a sweet spot. However, since Apple is designing and building them, we are forced to use what they give us. And if they eventually offer multiple devices with different size screens, then we will have to choose from their offerings. But whatever Apple produces in the future, it will set sales records every time out.

Apple has taken on the Henry Ford model... he once said of the Model-T "any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black". The same applies to Apple. You can have any size screen that you want, as long as it’s (currently) 4".
    06-30-2013 11:32 AM
    I wouldn't mind a 4.3" screen option. But nothing larger than that.
    06-30-2013 11:40 AM
    I have a question that is similar to that of the OP's. if Apple were to introduce a 4.3, 4.7 and a 5 inch iPhone (all 'without' retina displays), would those of you who demand a larger display still purchase one of them?
    06-30-2013 12:57 PM
    I have a question that is similar to that of the OP's. if Apple were to introduce a 4.3, 4.7 and a 5 inch iPhone (all 'without' retina displays), would those of you who demand a larger display still purchase one of them?
    Without a retina display? No. And that would be a slap in the face if they
    did that. I don't care if the phone had to be a little thicker in order to get it
    to happen.
    djjohnson likes this.
    06-30-2013 01:44 PM
    Without a retina display? No. And that would be a slap in the face if they
    did that. I don't care if the phone had to be a little thicker in order to get it
    to happen.
    I understand, but I'm curious. Did you consider the iPad Mini a slap in the face when it was released without a retina display?
    06-30-2013 01:48 PM
    I understand, but I'm curious. Did you consider the iPad Mini a slap in the face when it was released without a retina display?
    I did to a certain extent. After I purchased it twice and took it back each time, I
    understood why they released it without it. In order to have it they would have
    had to sacrifice either battery life or the lightness/thinness of the product. So
    if they were to make a 5-inch iPhone, they'd certainly have enough space to
    put a big enough battery in there. So battery life shouldn't be an issue. And if
    resorting to making the phone just a little bit thicker because of the LCD tech
    and all that stuff that prevented them from keeping the iPad Mini as thin as it
    is, so be it. This is why some phone hardware that run Android are able to keep
    their phones thin. The device is so spread out that it makes a lot of space for
    internals.

By the way, when it was pointed out to me that the iPad Mini is basically the
    size of the battery in my iPad 4, I gave Apple a pass on that.
    Just_Me_D and djjohnson like this.
    06-30-2013 01:58 PM
    I did to a certain extent. After I purchased it twice and took it back each time, I
    understood why they released it without it. In order to have it they would have
    had to sacrifice either battery life or the lightness/thinness of the product. So
    if they were to make a 5-inch iPhone, they'd certainly have enough space to
    put a big enough battery in there. So battery life shouldn't be an issue. And if
    resorting to making the phone just a little bit thicker because of the LCD tech
    and all that stuff that prevented them from keeping the iPad Mini as thin as it
    is, so be it. This is why some phone hardware that run Android are able to keep
    their phones thin. The device is so spread out that it makes a lot of space for
    internals.

By the way, when it was pointed out to me that the iPad Mini is basically the
    size of the battery in my iPad 4, I gave Apple a pass on that.
    Excellent follow-up......Thanks.
    06-30-2013 02:02 PM
    I love the iphone 5's size right now. I have had the GS3, HTC One X, the Nexus 4 and now have the iPhone 5. I came back because the others were just far to large to handle, in my opinion. I don't watch videos or play a lot of games (mostly Words With Friends types of games) so I am not looking for a multimedia device with a large screen to accommodate those things. Do I watch Youtube videos? Sure, but it isn't something that I usually do on my phone. I am hoping that the size of this phone doesn't change to much.
    06-30-2013 02:17 PM
    No.

I would not trade the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-30-2013 02:38 PM
    I say about 4.7-5" but no more than that. For the statement of typing with one hand that really depends on the person because even with my big hands and fingers I type with 2 thumbs anyway.
    06-30-2013 04:23 PM

Actually no thats false. I can type one handed on my Nexus 4 with swipe. and navigation is also no problem.
    06-30-2013 05:55 PM
84 1234