Something really weird is on my iphone5. Let me back up a little. In May I lost my iPad in China, had to get a new one which I got a mini in China. I was going through my notes today and there's a note in Chinese that I have no clue about. I had it translated and it translated to "sleeper effect". I notice the date was around the time I lost my iPad and I don't think I had purchased the new one yet. I guess all my stuff is backing up to iCloud so I thought, could this note been made by the person who has my iPad? Is it possible to figure out the device the note was generated from. I have the find my iPad app and all that, no luck there but I'm just wondering if its possible to know which device the note originated from. I just barely saw this on my iPhone and came straight here to ask so I haven't done any personal research on my device yet so if there is an obviously answer please share.
    Thanks a bunch
    06-27-2013 06:19 PM
    I could be wrong, but one would think that the most anyone could do is assume it was sent from a device that was logged in with your iCloud/Apple ID credentials.
    06-27-2013 07:08 PM
    try to log into icloud and see if the device can be located. if so, lock or wipe it. then log into your itunes and disassociate it from your account.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    06-28-2013 02:45 AM
    And change your Apple ID/iCloud password at appleid.apple.com
    06-28-2013 04:35 PM
    When you lose a device, that very day you should have tried to locate it via find my phone and locked it or wiped it.
    If they can post notes, they had FULL access to Any personal info on that device. emails, account user names, notes, everything.
    06-29-2013 03:01 AM
    Probably the person who has your iPad is using it with your Apple ID,which means they can see your contacts,email,notes etc. You should try to locate it,but the best option is to remote erase it.
    From Apple:
    Erase the information on your lost device
    Sign in to icloud.com/find using your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).
    If youre already using an iCloud web app, click the iCloud button to switch apps.
    Click Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
    Unknown note showed up on my iphone5-image.jpg
    In the devices Info window, click Erase Device.
    Unknown note showed up on my iphone5-image.jpg
    Do one of the following:
    To erase an iOS device, enter your Apple ID password, then click Erase.
    To erase a Mac, enter a passcode that youll need to use to unlock the device if you find it (to prevent anyone but yourself from using the computer if its found), then follow the onscreen instructions.
    When asked to type a message, you may want to indicate how to contact you if the device is found. For example, This Mac is lost. If found, please call me at yourphonenumber.
    If the device is online, the remote erase begins within seconds (if the device is a Mac, it also restarts before its erased), and a confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address (the one you use with iCloud).
    If the device is offline, the information is erased the next time its online.
    06-29-2013 04:47 AM