Email Help !!!

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get my gmail account up and running using the exchange option.

If I set it up through the gmail option it does not give me the fetch feature.

I have been missing all my emails.

When I set up via exchange it verifies my credentials but will not update in mail. I get an error saying connection to server failed.

I used m.google.com as the server.

Please help me if anyone knows how to fix this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get my gmail account up and running using the exchange option.

If I set it up through the gmail option it does not give me the fetch feature.

I have been missing all my emails.

When I set up via exchange it verifies my credentials but will not update in mail. I get an error saying connection to server failed.

I used m.google.com as the server.

Please help me if anyone knows how to fix this.

Google has disabled the Exchange option for email, effective Jan 30, 2013. If you don’t already have it set up on your phone, you can’t get it any more.
Google Dropping Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync: What Do You Do? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So does this mean that I can't push gmail ??

Stupidest thing I've ever heard

Please advise.

As I understand it, you can pay for Google mail and still get the Exchange access... including push mail... but no idea about the cost... or you can use the GMail app... AFAIK, those are the only options...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean that I can't push gmail ??

Stupidest thing I've ever heard

Please advise.

Exactly I'm in the same boat luckily mine has been setup and I have not changed it but I ran into this helping someone and found out that exchange no longer works

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I found that I like the actual Gmail app now better than the stock mail app since I was forced to use it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For push, yes, you need to use the Gmail app now if you're not grandfathered in. BUT the original poster should still be able to set the account to Fetch in iOS, which he says he cannot do. Make sure you're looking in the right spot: Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Fetch New Data.

The options under Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data will be:

Every 15 Minutes
Every 30 Minutes
Hourly
Manually

Advanced

Obviously you'd want 15 minutes to get your new emails delivered 4 times an hour (the maximum with fetch). If you choose Advanced, you can set each account with its own fetch time, but if you want all of them to be 15 minutes, you can just choose it in the main menu.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2