I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
As someone who started with a BlackBerry, moved to Android, and is now on iOS, I definitely miss the LED notification light. I liked seeing that little light blinking rather than a lock screen notification message.

The LED light is pretty much the only thing I miss from my BlackBerry days. My Razr HD had one as well, but it was pretty much useless in bright conditions.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
As someone who started with a BlackBerry, moved to Android, and is now on iOS, I definitely miss the LED notification light. I liked seeing that little light blinking rather than a lock screen notification message.

I would say that these are key productivity opportunities as well as the type and go, Expandable memory sd card, on the Q 10. Those are the things that really grab me and I really wanted. But I opted for the iPhone 5, because of the ecosystem that everyone I know listen and if I went back to a BlackBerry I would have to pay for text messaging and I would not be able to integrate with other people as easily.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Really? I actually prefer the notification pull down on iOS, it's better integrated with apps like Tapatalk.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

The shade is definitely better integrated with apps but I think that was coming with BB10. I miss the peek/flow gestures a lot.

I don't miss going into the App Store and not being able to find anything I'd want to download.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Me too ! Me too! I am an Import from CB.
When BIS was ditched, I jumped ship to iOs. Emails are pretty much all that I need on my phones. I grabbed Exchange support on my Free G Apps account over iOs, before the Feb. 13 deadline. Will probably switch over to office 365 or some local exchange hosting service for all work related ID's, once free G Apps support goes away.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah. Certain people who live overseas and badmouth BB10 24/7 should be gloating.

Sadly, he actually has a reason to gloat, and knowing him, likely will. The spear through my heart is the confirmation that they lied about BB10 on the Playbook, and have strung users along for a while now :(

I'm avoiding Crackberry for the weekend at least. I feel very sorry for the mods, there's going to be a lot of folks self-destructing today.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll just sit here, stroke my iPhone 5, and stop feeling that last twinge of regret over my Z10 and giving up on it without playing the repair game. BB still have their heads in the sand about customer service and quality control.

And it sucks because BB10 is really good.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Gonna hang out here today...it's NOT a good day to be on Crackberry. Stock tanking, BB10 sales bombed :(

Yah and the troll to end all trolls is throwing himself a party.

Why CB doesn't throw that troll into the river attached to an anvil I'll never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'll just sit here, stroke my iPhone 5, and stop feeling that last twinge of regret over my Z10 and giving up on it without playing the repair game. BB still have their heads in the sand about customer service and quality control.

And it sucks because BB10 is really good.

Wow. That goes WAY beyond fanbois. :p

I'm kidding!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, he actually has a reason to gloat, and knowing him, likely will. The spear through my heart is the confirmation that they lied about BB10 on the Playbook, and have strung users along for a while now :(

I'm avoiding Crackberry for the weekend at least. I feel very sorry for the mods, there's going to be a lot of folks self-destructing today.

Well I dumped the PB and got an iPad loooong ago.

My mama didn't raise no fools....

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yah and the troll to end all trolls is throwing himself a party.

Why CB doesn't throw that troll into the river attached to an anvil I'll never know.

Probably because they'd have to take a whole pile of others down with him. Not saying that it would be a bad thing, just a logistical nightmare :)

Those forums are definitely not a safe place to be today. A lot of people are now realizing that they were heavily mislead by Blackberry management. I'm peed off that they lied to me as a developer, and lied to me as a Playbook owner. But I haven't lost any real money on them yet. I can't imagine how bad some people must be feeling who trusted what management said about BB10 devices selling better than expected :(

Worst if all, the ardent defenders are going to be out in full force, and making up for their lost comrades, trying to write the wrongs of all the evil "shorts and shills". Poor mods :(

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
He also keeps gloating that BB "SOLD 4.1 MEEEEEEEEEELLIONS OF 2 AND A HALF YEAR OLD HARDWARE".

No.

They SHIPPED 4.1 million legacy pieces of crap. Saying over and over that shipped equals sold makes him look like a fool.

The gloating is repulsive. And he's been listed as BB fan of the month on their official Facebook not that long ago.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That troll is toxic.

I'll wait out the iPhone 5s here. I'm one greasy banana peel away from a ban and if I even look at his arrogant posts I might forget to control my actions.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If apple could buy BB and put iOS on BB keyboards- I'd have the perfect phone.

I said that once and was crucified. BlackBerry can not execute cleanly. Apple excels at it. Apple takeover would be fabulous.

Not merge, takeover. Keep both lines separate.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
He also keeps gloating that BB "SOLD 4.1 MEEEEEEEEEELLIONS OF 2 AND A HALF YEAR OLD HARDWARE".

No.

They SHIPPED 4.1 million legacy pieces of crap. Saying over and over that shipped equals sold makes him look like a fool.

The gloating is repulsive. And he's been listed as BB fan of the month on their official Facebook not that long ago.

That has always been my counter to people who claim what Blackberry "sold." Same goes for people
who defend Android devices. It's what they SHIPPED and sold to carriers. Doesn't automatically
translate to a consumer purchase.

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Count me in, I have a Z10 sitting on my dresser. Tried it and after a few days, I am back to my trusty iPhone 5. The only other phone that is worth a look is the HTC One but I chose the iPhone 5 as my daily driver. It just keeps calling my name. I just wish the iPhone had a larger screen as these tired old eyes need more real estate with the screen. I am really looking forward to the ios7 and just bought a iPad Mini to compliment my iPhone 5.

dacunto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased an Iphone 5......coming back. And yes, I have left Iphone a couple of times, but always seem to come back. IOS7 got me this time.........On a side note, time to put my Z10 up for sale.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping the Z10 and the SGIII. I love both devices.

But i can't wait for the iPhone 5s. I might cave and get the 5.

I don't know if I can hold out two and a half months. Or three.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox