I'm baaaaaaaaack!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok how do you unthank on Tapatalk?!?!? I hit thanks by mistake.

You know, I've gotten into plenty of fights over at CB defending my iPhones against posts exactly like the one I've quoted. No, iPhone users are not iSheep and BlackBerry users do not suffer from "grade a delusion."

There are fanbois for all platforms, but dismissing all users by labelling as you did is in itself a form of fanboism.

I love my Z, I love my SGIII, and I love my iPhone 4S and I love my iPad and I'm sure that I will love my unlocked iPhone 5s. Not everyone at Crackberry is into blind fanboism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad

Isn't it amazing across the 3 sites (AC,CB and iMore) of how users are so quick to call someone some sort of zombie for buying other products but they are the first to buy a product from their favorite company without thinking twice about it? It's like "if you buy everyone else products, you're a sheep. Except if you buy 'insert favorite company or platform' then you're smart and have a mind of your own". Same people saying "I don't want an iPhone because I don't like having the same phone as everyone else" while at the same time want millions of people to buy the same device they're using :confused:. Just plain hypocrisy and pure stupidity in some cases. Accordingly to many people, it appears, no one buys any of these devices because they work for them. They buy for 1 reason only, because they are followers and afraid to make their own decisions :rolleyes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it amazing across the 3 sites (AC,CB and iMore) of how users are so quick to call someone some sort of zombie for buying other products but they are the first to buy a product from their favorite company without thinking twice about it? It's like "if you buy everyone else products, you're a sheep. Except if you buy 'insert favorite company or platform' then you're smart and have a mind of your own". Same people saying "I don't want an iPhone because I don't like having the same phone as everyone else" while at the same time want millions of people to buy the same device they're using :confused:. Just plain hypocrisy and pure stupidity in some cases. Accordingly to many people, it appears, no one buys any of these devices because they work for them. They buy for 1 reason only, because they are followers and afraid to make their own decisions :rolleyes:

I agree to a point. I agree that there are people who appear unable to decide on what device to buy and appear to depend on the opinions of others. Whether it's because of laziness to do research, insecurity or something else is anyone's guess. I also agree that many of the opinions given are biased, but that's to be expected especially if you're fond of the device you currently use. Hypocrisy? At times, but not if the question is "What device do YOU recommend?" or "What is YOUR opinion of device A and B?". Those questions are pointed and more than likely will received biased answers. Know what I mean?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree to a point. I agree that there are people who appear unable to decide on what device to buy and appear to depend on the opinions of others. Whether it's because of laziness to do research, insecurity or something else is anyone's guess. I also agree that many of the opinions given are biased, but that's to be expected especially if you're fond of the device you currently use. Hypocrisy? At times, but not if the question is "What device do YOU recommend?" or "What is YOUR opinion of device A and B?". Those questions are pointed and more than likely will received biased answers. Know what I mean?

I know what you mean but it's hypocrisy to label someone a sheep because they follow a brand that you don't like but when you and your crew follow a different brand and demonstrate the same exact buying habits and support for that brand as others do for a different brand, you somehow are not a sheep. Anyway you slice it, that's hypocrisy. Sure people's opinion's are biased. And I would assume most would be because we have our own preference. But you can be biased and not hypocritical at the same time. For instance, the same people that claimed iPhone and Androids are for kids and apps aren't important are some of the same people whining about not having netflix or good app selection with BB10. I mean just be consistent if what you're saying. Don't call iPhone users iSheep because they religously buy Apple products when you buy anything new blackberry,samsung or google releases and are somehow not sheep or so called zombies. If you want to label others as sheep or whatever, be sure you don't demonstrate the same behavior elsewhere while at the same time claiming you aren't the same. That's the pot calling the kettle black. And that's my point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean but it's hypocrisy to label someone a sheep because they follow a brand that you don't like but when you and your crew follow a different brand and demonstrate the same exact buying habits and support for that brand as others do for a different brand, you somehow are not a sheep. Anyway you slice it, that's hypocrisy. Sure people's opinion's are biased. And I would assume most would be because we have our own preference. But you can be biased and not hypocritical at the same time. For instance, the same people that claimed iPhone and Androids are for kids and apps aren't important are some of the same people whining about not having netflix or good app selection with BB10. I mean just be consistent if what you're saying. Don't call iPhone users iSheep because they religously buy Apple products when you buy anything new blackberry,samsung or google releases and are somehow not sheep or so called zombies. If you want to label others as sheep or whatever, be sure you don't demonstrate the same behavior elsewhere while at the same time claiming you aren't the same. That's the pot calling the kettle black. And that's my point.

Got it, and you're right....:)

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't meant to be a generalization but a vent to the ones that do act like that. And it seems really bad with a lot of ppl on crackberry but whatev. I know I didn't call a whole forum a sheep and I know what I've experienced by just browsing that forum. Even if you have a logical complaint, there are people there will tear you down

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't meant to be a generalization but a vent to the ones that do act like that. And it seems really bad with a lot of ppl on crackberry but whatev. I know I didn't call a whole forum a sheep and I know what I've experienced by just browsing that forum. Even if you have a logical complaint, there are people there will tear you down

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4

I agree with you. I think all platforms have their diehards but I've been on all 3 sites for several years now and it's easy to see that users on this site are less concerned about other platforms. I'm not saying people here aren't but it isn't as obvious as other sites, especially CB. Go over there and every other thread in the "New and Rumors" thread is about something iOS or Android related or why the Z10 is better than the S4, etc. Come here or AC and the level of attention given to other platforms are not as prevalent. There could be various reasons for it but whatever they are, it's not hard to see. Now having said that, there are rabid users all over that would tear people apart if they don't like a certain device or platform. But I'm comfortable in saying that I see the most vocal and rabid are on CB, for better and worst. I definitely wouldn't label an entire user base that way but that's just what I feel I see as I frequent all the forums on a daily basis.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it a bit sad because I know several Blackberry faithful that are now looking across the ponds at the different devices available...these are people who bled BB, and have never found a reason to cross over to a different platform. I know it obviously isn't a sure sign of a sinking ship, but to me it certainly quacks like that duck. I really and truly hope Blackberry finds some stability, and finds a foundation to build off of again, because as with anything, competition brings feature and function enrichment.

Blackberry failing does nothing but dent the industry and slow it down.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I find it a bit sad because I know several Blackberry faithful that are now looking across the ponds at the different devices available...these are people who bled BB, and have never found a reason to cross over to a different platform. I know it obviously isn't a sure sign of a sinking ship, but to me it certainly quacks like that duck. I really and truly hope Blackberry finds some stability, and finds a foundation to build off of again, because as with anything, competition brings feature and function enrichment.

If I could like this post a thousand times, I would...BB10 as an OS is amazing, it has such potential, but BB making hardware has been it's Achilles heel for years.

Also, unrelated, but I love that Jezza quote in your sig. I'm a chick who loves me some Top Gear.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If I could like this post a thousand times, I would...BB10 as an OS is amazing, it has such potential, but BB making hardware has been it's Achilles heel for years.

Also, unrelated, but I love that Jezza quote in your sig. I'm a chick who loves me some Top Gear.

tumblr_lrswbykuoy1qfjej5o1_400.gif

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I agree. More competition and choice is good for us as consumers. It keeps the tech companies on their heels and constantly feeling like they have to do more. Another very good OS with a lot of users helps foster a more competitive envirionment.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I remember back in my Bold 9000 days I was a big proponent of iPhone bashing on CB.
I think that was only around iOS 2 and iOS 3. It's so ironic the way things have become.
What I like about CB though is that whenever I go back to forums, they keep it movin'.
Still a busy place and fun forum to visit from time to time. Too bad I'm not interested in
Blackberry anymore.

Is JeffH still around on CB? I learned a lot from him.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The LED notifier, Peek and Flow, and the Hub.

Definitely.

As someone who started with a BlackBerry, moved to Android, and is now on iOS, I definitely miss the LED notification light. I liked seeing that little light blinking rather than a lock screen notification message.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR