If I could like this post a thousand times, I would...BB10 as an OS is amazing, it has such potential, but BB making hardware has been it's Achilles heel for years.

Also, unrelated, but I love that Jezza quote in your sig. I'm a chick who loves me some Top Gear.
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-26-2013 04:44 PM
    I find it a bit sad because I know several Blackberry faithful that are now looking across the ponds at the different devices available...these are people who bled BB, and have never found a reason to cross over to a different platform. I know it obviously isn't a sure sign of a sinking ship, but to me it certainly quacks like that duck. I really and truly hope Blackberry finds some stability, and finds a foundation to build off of again, because as with anything, competition brings feature and function enrichment.

Blackberry failing does nothing but dent the industry and slow it down.
    I agree. More competition and choice is good for us as consumers. It keeps the tech companies on their heels and constantly feeling like they have to do more. Another very good OS with a lot of users helps foster a more competitive envirionment.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-26-2013 05:14 PM
    I remember back in my Bold 9000 days I was a big proponent of iPhone bashing on CB.
    I think that was only around iOS 2 and iOS 3. It's so ironic the way things have become.
    What I like about CB though is that whenever I go back to forums, they keep it movin'.
    Still a busy place and fun forum to visit from time to time. Too bad I'm not interested in
    Blackberry anymore.

Is JeffH still around on CB? I learned a lot from him.
    06-26-2013 06:02 PM
    What's something you'll miss about your Blackberry that the iPhone just doesn't have right now?
    06-26-2013 06:48 PM
    What's something you'll miss about your Blackberry that the iPhone just doesn't have right now?
    BBM.

Until later this summer. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    06-26-2013 07:04 PM
    That blinking light. Old BeBuzz.
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    06-26-2013 07:05 PM
    That blinking light. Old BeBuzz.
    Agreed!!! And berry weather,speed dial.
    06-26-2013 09:09 PM
    The LED notifier, Peek and Flow, and the Hub.

Definitely.
    06-26-2013 11:05 PM

Definitely.
    As someone who started with a BlackBerry, moved to Android, and is now on iOS, I definitely miss the LED notification light. I liked seeing that little light blinking rather than a lock screen notification message.
    06-27-2013 12:13 AM

Definitely.
    Really? I actually prefer the notification pull down on iOS, it's better integrated with apps like Tapatalk.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-27-2013 08:52 AM
    As someone who started with a BlackBerry, moved to Android, and is now on iOS, I definitely miss the LED notification light. I liked seeing that little light blinking rather than a lock screen notification message.
    The LED light is pretty much the only thing I miss from my BlackBerry days. My Razr HD had one as well, but it was pretty much useless in bright conditions.
    06-27-2013 08:55 AM
    I would say that these are key productivity opportunities as well as the type and go, Expandable memory sd card, on the Q 10. Those are the things that really grab me and I really wanted. But I opted for the iPhone 5, because of the ecosystem that everyone I know listen and if I went back to a BlackBerry I would have to pay for text messaging and I would not be able to integrate with other people as easily.
    06-27-2013 09:19 AM
    Really? I actually prefer the notification pull down on iOS, it's better integrated with apps like Tapatalk.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    The shade is definitely better integrated with apps but I think that was coming with BB10. I miss the peek/flow gestures a lot.

I don't miss going into the App Store and not being able to find anything I'd want to download.
    06-27-2013 10:02 PM
    Me too ! Me too! I am an Import from CB.
    When BIS was ditched, I jumped ship to iOs. Emails are pretty much all that I need on my phones. I grabbed Exchange support on my Free G Apps account over iOs, before the Feb. 13 deadline. Will probably switch over to office 365 or some local exchange hosting service for all work related ID's, once free G Apps support goes away.
    06-28-2013 04:07 AM
    Gonna hang out here today...it's NOT a good day to be on Crackberry. Stock tanking, BB10 sales bombed
    DaPhoneking and FFR like this.
    06-28-2013 08:29 AM
    Gonna hang out here today...it's NOT a good day to be on Crackberry. Stock tanking, BB10 sales bombed
    Oh yeah. Certain people who live overseas and badmouth BB10 24/7 should be gloating.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-28-2013 09:40 AM
    Oh yeah. Certain people who live overseas and badmouth BB10 24/7 should be gloating.
    Sadly, he actually has a reason to gloat, and knowing him, likely will. The spear through my heart is the confirmation that they lied about BB10 on the Playbook, and have strung users along for a while now

I'm avoiding Crackberry for the weekend at least. I feel very sorry for the mods, there's going to be a lot of folks self-destructing today.
    reeneebob and JoyfulHeart35 like this.
    06-28-2013 10:58 AM
    I'll just sit here, stroke my iPhone 5, and stop feeling that last twinge of regret over my Z10 and giving up on it without playing the repair game. BB still have their heads in the sand about customer service and quality control.

And it sucks because BB10 is really good.
    06-28-2013 11:10 AM
    Yah and the troll to end all trolls is throwing himself a party.

Why CB doesn't throw that troll into the river attached to an anvil I'll never know.

mikeo007 and reeneebob like this.
    06-28-2013 11:49 AM
    I'll just sit here, stroke my iPhone 5, and stop feeling that last twinge of regret over my Z10 and giving up on it without playing the repair game. BB still have their heads in the sand about customer service and quality control.

And it sucks because BB10 is really good.
    Wow. That goes WAY beyond fanbois.

I'm kidding!
    06-28-2013 11:49 AM
    Sadly, he actually has a reason to gloat, and knowing him, likely will. The spear through my heart is the confirmation that they lied about BB10 on the Playbook, and have strung users along for a while now

I'm avoiding Crackberry for the weekend at least. I feel very sorry for the mods, there's going to be a lot of folks self-destructing today.
    Well I dumped the PB and got an iPad loooong ago.

My mama didn't raise no fools....

DaPhoneking and Mr.Willie like this.
    06-28-2013 11:51 AM
    Yah and the troll to end all trolls is throwing himself a party.

Why CB doesn't throw that troll into the river attached to an anvil I'll never know.

Probably because they'd have to take a whole pile of others down with him. Not saying that it would be a bad thing, just a logistical nightmare

Those forums are definitely not a safe place to be today. A lot of people are now realizing that they were heavily mislead by Blackberry management. I'm peed off that they lied to me as a developer, and lied to me as a Playbook owner. But I haven't lost any real money on them yet. I can't imagine how bad some people must be feeling who trusted what management said about BB10 devices selling better than expected

Worst if all, the ardent defenders are going to be out in full force, and making up for their lost comrades, trying to write the wrongs of all the evil "shorts and shills". Poor mods
    06-28-2013 12:12 PM
    He also keeps gloating that BB "SOLD 4.1 MEEEEEEEEEELLIONS OF 2 AND A HALF YEAR OLD HARDWARE".

No.

They SHIPPED 4.1 million legacy pieces of crap. Saying over and over that shipped equals sold makes him look like a fool.

The gloating is repulsive. And he's been listed as BB fan of the month on their official Facebook not that long ago.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-28-2013 12:14 PM
    That troll is toxic.

I'll wait out the iPhone 5s here. I'm one greasy banana peel away from a ban and if I even look at his arrogant posts I might forget to control my actions.

06-28-2013 12:33 PM
    If apple could buy BB and put iOS on BB keyboards- I'd have the perfect phone.
    06-28-2013 12:35 PM
104 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD