Okay, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this issue that I am having

I have 2 Verizon iPhone 5

My iPhone 5, on weather and when I check the weather from notification center, it ONLY shows the county that I am in. It does not show me the city

For example, I live in Visalia, CA
    but on my weather it shows Tulare because that's the county
    Where as on my other iPhone is says Visalia
    And this happens wherever I go
    If I'm in Hanford, CA it shows up as KINGS
    Is there a fix?

Already tried everything
    06-23-2013 04:05 PM
    Try this: initiate the native weather app. Click on the "i" in the lower left corner. Tap the + sign in the upper right corner and then type in your zip code or city and State.

You can also go to Settings-Privacy-Location Services and select "ON" next to weather.
    kataran likes this.
    06-23-2013 04:40 PM
    That's a recent change. It has to do with the way yahoo reports it. Mine started doing that in the last month or so also. It will only show the actual city name if I am in the city proper, but the county if I am just outside the city. I have checked a few times and all the info is the same, so it doesn't seem to matter.
    This is with the location turned on, by the way.
    06-24-2013 07:51 AM
    The same thing has happened to me. I have a buddy who lives almost exactly in the middle of two separate towns/cities. Previously, the Weather app would almost always display the city as the town that's right across the river from his house. Now it simply displays the name of the county in which he lives in when I'm visiting.
    06-24-2013 09:22 AM
    This is not a fix but I moved my Native Weather app to my last page and now use Yahoo's new iOS 7 looking Weather app it really good and accurate to close towns like we have in little RI

Nice thing is I still have the Native Weather enabled for Notifications for a quick temp while I'm checking to see what I missed on the go

Gotta say I really don't like Yahoo at all but there Weather app is great. I give credit when it's due

Sent from my iPhone 5
    06-27-2013 08:22 AM
    This is not a fix but I moved my Native Weather app to my last page and now use Yahoo's new iOS 7 looking Weather app it really good and accurate to close towns like we have in little RI

Nice thing is I still have the Native Weather enabled for Notifications for a quick temp while I'm checking to see what I missed on the go

Gotta say I really don't like Yahoo at all but there Weather app is great. I give credit when it's due

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Same here. I never use Yahoo services (Flickr aside), but their weather app on iOS is great.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    06-27-2013 08:31 AM
    The Yahoo weather app is great, but the info is the same as the native weather app. It still shows the county if not right in the city, town, etc. It's just the way Yahoo decided to do things recently. The weather is still accurate, it just sometimes shows the county instead of the nearby city.
    06-27-2013 10:38 AM
    Same here. I never use Yahoo services (Flickr aside), but their weather app on iOS is great.
    As much as I love the Yahoo weather app, I hate the icon that came with the latest update... it’s back to being that ugly purple and yellow Yahoo logo...
    07-03-2013 02:59 PM
    Okay, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this issue that I am having

I have 2 Verizon iPhone 5

My iPhone 5, on weather and when I check the weather from notification center, it ONLY shows the county that I am in. It does not show me the city

For example, I live in Visalia, CA
    but on my weather it shows Tulare because that's the county
    Where as on my other iPhone is says Visalia
    And this happens wherever I go
    If I'm in Hanford, CA it shows up as KINGS
    Is there a fix?

Already tried everything
    The weather widget is slow to update; always. It's frequent that I open notification center and it's showing the weather from the morning when it is now 2pm.

My fix was to forget about it and get a full featured weather app.
    07-03-2013 03:09 PM