Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Switched to galaxy s4 2 weeks ago, and the screen was way to big! I have small hands and the iPhone 5 is the perfect fit. No having to shuffle your hand towards the top or bottom of the phone.

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i personally would not because it is already big in my hand and that takes the purpose of having a pocket phone for me

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Instead of asking if you would consider a bigger iPhone, what if you were faced with Apple releasing the iPhone 6 with a 4.7in screen and there was no option for a smaller one? Would you jump ship or suck it up and buy the larger iPhone?

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I think I'd prefer a slightly larger phone between 4.3 and 4.7. I don't know exactly. Absolutely not as large as the Note. I see people carrying those around and they look ludicrous to me in terms of a "pocketable phone." I understand the use case for a portable tablet which is what it is, but it's not a phone.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a Note 2 for over a week and it was just too big, hard to have in your pocket and was very large. Forget about one hand operation, not happening. I could use a slightly larger screen though to help out the frustrating keyboard.

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 2 for over a week and it was just too big, hard to have in your pocket and was very large. Forget about one hand operation, not happening. I could use a slightly larger screen though to help out the frustrating keyboard.

I agree. I think the Note 2 is entirely too big. But something in the range of 4.3-4.5" would be very much ideal, I think. Watching videos and the like is still sort of painful on a 4" screen.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
4.7" seems to be the sweet spot for me, at least with the 16:9 aspect ratio. Being a two thumb typer and coming from a BlackBerry, typing on the iphone 5 is terrible for me even after several months of using it, it is just too narrow. I have pretty large hands though. I think Apple should continue with a 4" screen model and just add a 4.7"-5" model to the lineup. I wish I could load iOS on to the HTC One.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like Apple finally put a end to this argument. My 6 Plus should arrive this week and I can't wait to ditch this microscopic 4S and get my hands on an "adult sized" iphone. Thanks Apple!

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I just did the same (4S to the 6.) Looking at the 4S now does seem microscopic. I love the physical size and design of the 4S but man thats a tiny screen. I feel like I can breathe on the 6.

losino

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
It's funny going back and looking at all the people who said they wouldn't want a bigger iphone, and in their profile they have the iphone6+.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it depends on how you use your iPhone. If you read a lot of information on your phone, you might want a bigger screen. If you want the portability of a smaller phone, then that would be a consideration. And remember, if you have small hands, an iPhone is much easier to hold.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Got the 6. Never going back to a smaller screen ever. Wanted the Plus, but I think it's too big. Might go for a bigger one when the 7 comes out.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2