Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
To the topic...yes, I'd CONSIDER any Apple product. But I actually prefer the 3.5" screen of my iPhone 4S.

John Gruber has a good post on Daring Fireball, where he makes the convincing case of the 4 and 4S being discontinued. I hope they have another 3.5" or 3.7" iPhone, for those of us who believe bigger is chasing the specs war.

But I'd never want something as large as the Note. I'd look like a tool holding that to my head.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

I agree like I said before it took a while to get use to the size of the 5 coming from the sleek palm pre2 and it still bothers me from time to time if Apple ever goes bigger I will not buy it

Saw this guy with a possible note2 and a thick case taking a call at the bank and I couldn't believe the size of it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Saw this guy with a possible note2 and a thick case taking a call at the bank and I couldn't believe the size of it!!!!

It is nuts. Saw a Note 2 at Best Buy yesterday and it was just ridiculous. A good friend of mine is massive, and has huge hands, and he even thinks it's a bit ridiculous. There's a market there, but Samsung is not Apple. I even have a hard time handling a Galaxy 4 with one hand.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I my personal opinion, 4" is the perfect size and I am getting concerned with this "bigger the better" concept.

I do like the shape of the 4s over the 5 but otherwise the 5 is just the perfect size for me.

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It is nuts. Saw a Note 2 at Best Buy yesterday and it was just ridiculous. A good friend of mine is massive, and has huge hands, and he even thinks it's a bit ridiculous. There's a market there, but Samsung is not Apple. I even have a hard time handling a Galaxy 4 with one hand.

Yes! Can't understand the size issue cell phones started big then there was the race to light and small then thin like the Razor and the Sanyo's then the thick Win slabs which I understood because of the tech of the day but know I can't understand the mentality of the mega bricks when the tablets can fill your needs if you chose

Sent from my iPhone 5

imandroid

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just dumped the Note 2 today and got a i5 32gb i'm happy with the i5. Would I like a new screen size sure 4.3 - 4.7 is the sweet spot anymore and its way too much.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
My little hands couldn't handle the iPhone at the size of the Note 2! My personal preference would be 4.3 - 4.5 but I honestly love the size of my iP5 and I am content.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Im sure there is some functionality to them, but being a phone is not one of them.

It's great (read superb) for multitasking. With their own "multiwindow" feature that lets you have two apps open at the same time on either half of the screen. You can resize the windows as well. If you need to type there will be a small floating keyboard that you can use. Extremely useful for power users.

When I had my Note 2 I took it a step longer and flashed the software from their Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet onto my Note 2. That made the multitasking even better as the multitasking then works as in Windows for example. Unlimited windows open on the screen all freely resizable in all directions (though the "small" screen sets a limit itself).

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I tried the multi window only to realize I was limited to which apps i could be use on the multi window feature. For me , I could see using that feature rarely, although if it is a highly used feature there is no doubt a larger screen is preferred.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
For me, multitasking is simply being able to switch back and forth from app to app without having to go to the home screen . I'm jail broke and I just flip (or gesture) my finger from bottom of screen up and my open apps tray pops right open. Works for me.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I tried the multi window only to realize I was limited to which apps i could be use on the multi window feature. For me , I could see using that feature rarely, although if it is a highly used feature there is no doubt a larger screen is preferred.

There is a simple mod to the framework (Xposed framework) available that made it possible to add all apps to the multiwindow thing. Highly needed and I don't get why they don't allow that "stock". Being limited to only Sammy apps sucks.

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure 1 week wasn't truly enough to let that phone shine. I just missed the size of my iPhone. There will never be an ideal size IMO as we all will have different preferences lol. I wish I'd known that though before returning it lol. Oh well. Thanks!

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
The first smartphone I bought has a 4.3" screen. I can't see myself going smaller than that because my fat fingers have enough trouble typing on a screen that size. However, anything larger than 5" is also out of the question. I fooled around with a co-workers Note 2 and did not like the bulk. So, any screen size from 4.3 to 4.7 inches would be perfect for me. If Apple were to introduce an iPhone in that size range it would definitely get my attention.

Sent from somewhere

imandroid

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

This is where the part of having to Root the device with a custom rom comes to play. Most of the custom roms come with full multi window control. Not to get off topic

leathernuts#WP

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Well i decided to pick up the HTC one. This is a good size. Although you don't really visually see it, in my hand I can tell the difference from the s4. I can use this one one handed with effort. Still not as easily as my iPhone 5. This is a 4.7" screen. It will be interesting what Apple ends up doing when they decide to increase the screen size.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an S4 right now, so I would really like an iPhone with a 4.7"-5" screen! I used to think 5" was way too big before I got an S4 in my hands, now it just feels like the sweet spot for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods