Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

space8monkey

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm perfectly content with the screen on my 4S. The screen on the 5 is just a bit awkwardly long and narrow for my liking.

lamy11685

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I probably would. Depends on if it was a better piece if technology or just a rehashed iphone with a larger screen. I love the 4" form factor quite a bit. I came from a 5"+ Android to this. Absolutely live the current i5 size.

mudbuny

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I would definitely by a larger screen iphone. My husband has freakishly large fingers and cannot use the keyboard on an iphone. He also has a hard time reading a small screen. I bought him an lg intuition for its 5 inch screen. Its an ok phone for someone that is accustomed to androids bugs, which he is not. I think he would get a lot more enjoyment out of his smartphone if it was an iphone.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Nope. If they go any larger than 4.2", I won't be upgrading. I think, and the experts agree, that 4" is the maximum size for full functionality. I expect that if Apple goes larger, they'll continue with the 4" model for the majority that doesn't want a tablet for a phone.
How is a 4.7" phone a tablet? Also the "experts" I know disagree with you, you have MORE functionality with a bigger screen fact.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
How is a 4.7" phone a tablet? Also the "experts" I know disagree with you, you have MORE functionality with a bigger screen fact.

How does a larger screen give you more "functionality"? My iPhone 5 has a smaller screen and has plenty of "functionality".

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
How does a larger screen give you more "functionality"? My iPhone 5 has a smaller screen and has plenty of "functionality".

Know how? You can see more content at a time. It's easier to type on that pathetically small keyboard etc. It IS better, but you probably are saying the 4" display is perfect and when the 4.7" iPhone comes out you will say now THAT'S perfect. That's what I'm getting from this sorry.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Know how? You can see more content at a time. It's easier to type on that pathetically small keyboard etc. It IS better, but you probably are saying the 4" display is perfect and when the 4.7" iPhone comes out you will say now THAT'S perfect. That's what I'm getting from this sorry.

Don't put words in my mouth or make any assumptions about what I do or don't think is the "perfect" screen size. The only point I'm trying to make is that a larger screen doesn't necessarily mean more functionality. For example, if you have small hands and use your phone one handed, a larger screen would actually reduce your "functionality". Now, if you have larger hands or poor eyesight, certainly you might consider the larger screen more functional. Either way, there is no universally perfect screen size or most functional screen size. If Apple ever decides to go to a bigger screen, I'd have to decide at that point whether that will work for me or not.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't put words in my mouth or make any assumptions about what I do or don't think is the "perfect" screen size. The only point I'm trying to make is that a larger screen doesn't necessarily mean more functionality. For example, if you have small hands and use your phone one handed, a larger screen would actually reduce your "functionality". Now, if you have larger hands or poor eyesight, certainly you might consider the larger screen more functional. Either way, there is no universally perfect screen size or most functional screen size. If Apple ever decides to go to a bigger screen, I'd have to decide at that point whether that will work for me or not.

Apologies. I just think that Apple needs to make a bigger iPhone and frustrates me to no end.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Shell No! In fact I wish it was still in the 3" range. I switched to the HP Veer 4G even though its out of date. Go 2.6" Screens!

alieannie

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Phones are getting obnoxiously large, almost comical in size. I wonder how some people fit them in their pockets. 4.2" is the max I ever want

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm perfectly content with the screen on my 4S. The screen on the 5 is just a bit awkwardly long and narrow for my liking.

Exactly! I now have the iPhone 5 (too tall) but miss the iPhone 4s so much. It was a perfect palm sized mobile phone. If I need a bigger screen for graphic intensive display etc, I simply reach for my iPad Mini (or even a laptop) for that purpose.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I just had a curious thought:

Since we have quite a number of people who both want and don't want a bigger screen, I wonder what the breakdown of people who want a bigger screen correlate to those who already own a larger tablet?

If I didn't have a tablet to view large screen mobile content, I could see the appeal of a larger (phablet sized - 5.5" or so) phone to perform both roles.

Even then, too many trade-offs to a larger size that affects portability and one handed use to make me want one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner