Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm very content with the iPhone 5 screen size if they did increase it I would only want it to be between 4.3" and 4.5".

Sent from the collector home world.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I love the size of the i5 now, but wouldn't mind if they had more options for bigger screens. I think the lumia 900 has the perfect sized screen at 4.3 inches. Not too big, not too small.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I would even prefer the 3.5 inch screen over the 4 inch display on the iPhone 5.

Right on!
After using smartphones for years, iPhone from the beginning and occasional experimentations with Androids and Blackberrys, I reached a conclusion that a smartphone should really be a "mobile" device, more specifically, a "palm size" device.
Ever increasing desire for larger screen phones is a result of pursuit of "compromise" between the communication device and the media consumption device.
I carry an iPhone 5 but miss the 4s so much because it was an ideal size (and weight).
I use the phone mostly for the business with occasional Googling, GPS, weather checking and so forth, but if I ever need a larger screen, my iPad and laptop is not too far from me anyway.
Once I came to this conclusion, the palm size phone is more convenient to use for emailing, texting, phone, checking calendar and other usual stuff.
As a business, Apple might go for a larger model as well, but I hope they would also keep offering a smaller size model. 3.5" is a sweet spot for me.
With their success in iPads, particularly the iPad Mini, it is hard to believe Apple would go for much larger size phones.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I myself also prefer the iphone 4 size screen. The iphone 5 screen size is alright, but i do think its proportion isn't that 'right': length to width wise.
I do know however the Galaxy is waaaaayy too big for a smartphone, it looks pretty ridiculous to me.
I have also seen a couple of people talking on other less known Android devices without a hands-free, looks kinda stupid actually?

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Galaxy S4 and the 5" screen is absolutely Perfect. of course it would be better if it also had the color accuracy of Apple.
I want a bigger screen. 4.8 to 5" but, I also want them to continue the 4" model for those that love that size phone.
Apple could sell 2 sizes of phones with no problems at all.
If I could make calls on an iPad, IT would be my phone.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I need big I have an iPad mini, If I need bigger still I have an iPad. At 4" the iPhone is perfect! I don't nerd or want a bigger phone!!

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't like one as big as the note 2... But I would be VERY interested in something the size of the HTC One or maybe a bit smaller like the size of the Blackberry Z10

ktez

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't want it much bigger, if any at all. My last few phones were androids and they all had a larger screen, and I much prefer the iPhone's size. In fact, I'm a little jealous of my stepdaughter's iPhone 4 because it is even smaller. There is no way I would want a phone the size of the Galaxy 3 or 4, if the next iPhone gets bigger I will definitely consider switching to a smaller model of phone if I need a new one.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
The Note to me is way too big. I like the height of the iPhone 5 and wouldn't mind if they made it a little bit wider.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I love the iphone and apple's ecosystem. thats why I stay. but yes I'd love a bigger iphone. It's hard for me to read print on such a small screen. if apple made a 5 inch iphone I'd be thrilled. I also wish they'd stop being so obsessed with thinness. a thicker build would allow for a longer lasting battery and better camera. I don't wear skinny hipster jeans and my hands aren't tiny. I could handle the size increase and the pros outweigh the cons for me. Why can't apple make two sizes like they do with iPad?

pramod0923

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes of course. Nothing is wrong with that. Now days the bigger phone has more technology and is being popular more and more. Many people prefer bigger phones. It also helps to raise the standard of the people. Since the phone is big in size it is more easy and comfortable to use. The large screen helps the user to work more effectively.

[Link Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't be opposed to something slightly larger (4.3-4.5"), but anything bigger than that I'd avoid (until my eyesight goes). What I would like to see is a slightly thicker iPhone with better battery life. I know that doesn't sit well from a marketing perspective (it's much more impressive to say thin rather than a couple more hours of battery life), but from a practical standpoint, a thicker phone with bigger battery would be nice. I'd also like to see them re-adopt the curved back they had with the original models. Those were easier for me to hold. If an iPhone was made larger, I'd think a curved back would almost be necessary because of the logistics of holding a larger device.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope. If they go any larger than 4.2", I won't be upgrading. I think, and the experts agree, that 4" is the maximum size for full functionality. I expect that if Apple goes larger, they'll continue with the 4" model for the majority that doesn't want a tablet for a phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73