Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do you want a bigger iphone?

Do you want a bigger iphone? I mean an iphone as big as the samsung note 2. :)

Not me. I'm a small person and to be honest when I held my friends Note 2 up to my ear pretending to make a call I looked like I was talking on a tablet :laughing: also I like to use my iP5 one-handed and could never do that with a larger iPhone......but this is just my opinion and maybe the guys might view it all differently :)

BTW Welcome to iMore Atobe :D

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't think so, I like the feel and size of the iPhone 5, fits great in my hand without being to big.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep sure do. Nothing wrong with desiring more options from a too notch company. It would be wise on their part as well as good for business. They should offer multiple screen sizes. I personally dislike the small size of my iPhone 5. Everything else about the phone I love though. If apple decides to "smarten up" and offer more options regarding screen size then it will be better for everyone. I held my friends Galaxy Note 2 in the hand the other day and it felt amazing in my large hands. I shook my head and thought to myself, "When is Apple going to get it"?
Offer us a phone with a 5+ inch display and I'm sold. Articles like this definite give me hope.

Apple reportedly considering a 5.7-inch iPhone

http://m.cnet.com.au/apple-reportedly-considering-a-5-7-inch-iphone-339344599.htm?redir=1

Apple building a $100 iPhone in a variety of colors, planning 5-inch iPhablets for next year

http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/13/reute...lors-planning-5-inch-iphablets-for-next-year/

Apple Considering 4.7" and 5.7" Screens for 2014 iPhone Models, iPhone 5s and Low-Cost iPhone Due in September

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/13/apple-considering-4-7-and-5-7-screens-for-2014-iphone-models/

iPhone Phablet on the way? Apple is exploring bigger iPhones with up to 5.7″ screens

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/13/i...loring-bigger-iphones-with-up-to-5-7-screens/

Last edited:

stucar1985

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

i am happy with the screen size of the 5, but suppose its just a personal preference the trend towards getting bigger and bigger with other phones to me is crazy but I suppose it all depends what you use your phone for.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

The 5 is perfect I feel my girlfriends four is small and heavy

Apple found the right size when they made the iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone 5

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I have nothing against a slightly bigger phone. I do believe the Note 2 is too big however. It's like carrying around a phone book.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Not me, iPhone 5 is the perfect size. Anything bigger would be like holding a tablet to your ear.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If it were the size of the Note II, I'd avoid it like the plague...I already consider the Galaxy S phones a bit too big, but the Note II is just silly (for me anyways).

If they increased the size like the Galaxy S4, I'd probably consider it just because it's the newest model...but I don't prefer it. The size would certainly cause me to heavily consider holding onto the iPhone 5 for another year, but to be honest, if they go to that new sizing, what choice will one have anymore? You'll pretty much have to acclimate to that new style because they won't regress back afterwards...it'll suck but oh well, that's the way i felt about manual transmissions too, these days nothing comes with a manual tranny anymore new, you just have to evolve i guess.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Slightly bigger, but under 5 inches please. I think anywhere between 4.3 and 4.7 is comfortable.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I’d have to agree with Sean... if it’s all they offer, what choice do I have? I’d definitely prefer something under 4.5". No need to a huge screen on a phone for any reason.

But with that said, I don’t really see any need to go bigger than the current iPhone 5 screen.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though I've made my opinions known in the past that I wouldn't mind having a 4.3 in iPhone, I can easily carry on without it. The size of the iPhone 5 is great for *me*, but like Sean stated, if they increase the size, I'll adjust to it if I decide to buy it. No biggie.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Even though I've made my opinions known in the past that I wouldn't mind having a 4.3 in iPhone, I can easily carry on without it. The size of the iPhone 5 is great for *me*, but like Sean stated, if they increase the size, I'll adjust to it if I decide to buy it. No biggie.

At the end of the day, the OS and Ecosystem is what makes use of the device a pleasure. I currently use a 4s which by today?s standards is tiny. But I wouldn?t change it for anything other than the 5. iOS is it. (that should be an Ad). iOS is it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been pretty vocal about my desire for a larger screened iPhone. To the annoyance of many I assume :) But honestly, after messing with the S4, I have changed my stance. I love the size of my 5. Perhaps a little more width would be nice, but I'm content.

With that said, I'd be curious to see what they do in the future. It seems they are adding more gestures with iOS 7. Perhaps dismissal of the home button? Narrow bezel? Who knows but it'll be fun when it happens.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't want the iPhone to be the size of the Note 2. But I could see it going to about 4.7 or 5 inches. It's highly likely that they will bump the screen up, but if it stayed I really wouldn't be that mad. I like the size of the iPhone 5. I hold my dads 4 and just cannot stand the size. And it's obviously thicker and heavier than the 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro