I am gonna be coming back to the iPhone for one reason

Sniper1087

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
ok I am going to put my grain of salt from testing it for a while now, I must say I hate the color gamut, seriously looks like finger painting, too bright, the dialer is a joke is just ugly, what the hell where they thinking, I dont like the camera , I mean adding filters was unnecessary because instagram already offers them. Things I do like is that going back from one page to another and transitions, I still prefer IOS 6 from all my testing, browser looks better on IOS 6, even though they tried to make it more simplistic it just overall I think and this is just my opinion, IOS 7 lost its elegance compared to IOS 6.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have some friends that are running beta and it it good but still very glitchy.

With that said, I am a BlackBerry user and was very impressed with ios 7. I'm more impressed with its integration with mac than I am of the whole bb10 thing going on right now.

Sent from my game boy color

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have some friends that are running beta and it it good but still very glitchy.

With that said, I am a BlackBerry user and was very impressed with ios 7. I'm more impressed with its integration with mac than I am of the whole bb10 thing going on right now.

Sent from my game boy color
Apple also nails eco system.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Says the guy replying from a GS4.

I was thinking the same thing lol

Anyway, as someone recently back on iOS with my first venture with the iPhone, I am glad I took the chance. I look forward to the change and I like the new look because it reminds me of a mix of androids holo with a dash of windows metro and a pinch of Luna from webos. I am a big technology fan and while I am not a huge supporter of flat, I. Think for the most part this design is done extremely well.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you kidding? They don't even give you the option to turn location services on or off in control center. High end androids like S3, S4, HTC etc have much more toggles that can customize.. But control center is better than nothing at all I guess.

Why would you need to turn off Location services? iPhone doesn't have massive battery leaks like android. I wouldn't want to continually toggle Loc services on an off every time I wanted to use them. I want to just be there and just work when I ask it to work. ....

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Why would you need to turn off Location services? iPhone doesn't have massive battery leaks like android. I wouldn't want to continually toggle Loc services on an off every time I wanted to use them. I want to just be there and just work when I ask it to work. ....
Android does NOT have battery leaks.

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
ok I am going to put my grain of salt from testing it for a while now, I must say I hate the color gamut, seriously looks like finger painting, too bright, the dialer is a joke is just ugly, what the hell where they thinking, I dont like the camera , I mean adding filters was unnecessary because instagram already offers them. Things I do like is that going back from one page to another and transitions, I still prefer IOS 6 from all my testing, browser looks better on IOS 6, even though they tried to make it more simplistic it just overall I think and this is just my opinion, IOS 7 lost its elegance compared to IOS 6.

I can understand your frustration with the design, but you don't like the camera because it adds the filter features? I don't use Instagram so the filters features is nice and should be in the camera among many more things that should. If you don't like them, couldn't you just not use them or was there something else you don't like?

I bring this up because you aren't the first person to complain about a feature you didn't personally want and I am just curious as to why having a feature you don't need to use is bad? Some will use it some will not. In my opinion, the more features, the better. I wouldn't say go the Samsung route and just throw everything in they can think of... But it's nice when features are added as options. I personally want default apps!

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Android does NOT have battery leaks.

Might have meant memory leaks.

Regardless in my experience I had way more problems with battery on my android device than on my iPhone, however me and my cousin who also has an iPhone (4) got into an argument in which he doesn't think the iPhone has any bette battery life than android... I disagree.... As long as you close out apps that use heavy amounts of location data (like google maps, ect, and aren't using heavy graphic games throughout the day, the iPhone will easily last a day. I could barely get my android phone to last me a day with minimal usage and I don't know many people (personally) who can. I find the problem is there are always too many things going on in the background because the problem is not usually the usage times, those can be somewhat similar (although its interesting as the iPhones battery is smaller than a comparative sized android phone) its the idle time that seems to vary the most. I can easily get to the end of a day with 80+ percent battery left if I barely use my phone. comparatively, on days with the same or similar usage of my old gs2 I might make it to 30 percent at the end of the day but usually ended up below 20 at the 14 hour mark.

I also think this can be something to do with the cellular radio and how android manages that? I have no clue, but in my experience the iPhones battery is pretty damn good and I have location services on for whatever apps I want them to be on for.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Regardless in my experience I had way more problems with battery on my android device than on my iPhone, however me and my cousin who also has an iPhone (4) got into an argument in which he doesn't think the iPhone has any bette battery life than android... I disagree.... As long as you close out apps that use heavy amounts of location data (like google maps, ect, and aren't using heavy graphic games throughout the day, the iPhone will easily last a day. I could barely get my android phone to last me a day with minimal usage and I don't know many people (personally) who can. I find the problem is there are always too many things going on in the background because the problem is not usually the usage times, those can be somewhat similar (although its interesting as the iPhones battery is smaller than a comparative sized android phone) its the idle time that seems to vary the most. I can easily get to the end of a day with 80+ percent battery left if I barely use my phone. comparatively, on days with the same or similar usage of my old gs2 I might make it to 30 percent at the end of the day but usually ended up below 20 at the 14 hour mark.

I also think this can be something to do with the cellular radio and how android manages that? I have no clue, but in my experience the iPhones battery is pretty damn good and I have location services on for whatever apps I want them to be on for.

Yeah Richard and that's one of the drawbacks to Android fully open nature there's so many tasks going on something as small not turning off Bluetooth can cause a huge battery drain. Androids battery leagues apart compared to iOS especially when you consider that most Android phones come with a 2000mah battery or larger. That's an issue that Google definitely needs to address. With all the Android phones I owned they have never even been able to come close to the battery life on my iPhone 5 especially standby time.

Sent from the collector home world.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

My phone,Nexus 4 is using 324MB RAM right now. out of 2GB. No memory leaks and no battery leaks. However Google hasn't optimised the Nexus 4 as much and I get 5 and a half hours on screen.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I love that no matter what Apple introduces, to many users, it's like it never existed before and Apple is the holy grail of smartphones. The colors here are from Nexus and the notification/settings features have been on Android for 4 years. Instagram-like camera filters? Uh, Instagram did that first but now its revolutionary because Apple did it. Still going to be a glorified app drawer for launching apps. Multitasking is a straight rip off of WebOS and now Windows Phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love that no matter what Apple introduces, to many users, it's like it never existed before and Apple is the holy grail of smartphones. The colors here are from Nexus and the notification/settings features have been on Android for 4 years. Instagram-like camera filters? Uh, Instagram did that first but now its revolutionary because Apple did it. Still going to be a glorified app drawer for launching apps. Multitasking is a straight rip off of WebOS and now Windows Phone.

It's like that with every phone on the market bud...not just the iPhone. Each of them borrow from another OS in some way, and each time, some of the users that prefer that OS think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Trying to pin that squarely and solely on Apple consumers is asinine.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It's like that with every phone on the market bud...not just the iPhone. Each of them borrow from another OS in some way, and each time, some of the users that prefer that OS think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Trying to pin that squarely and solely on Apple consumers is asinine.

Yeah, people are passionate about platforms...... It just seems to me that it's worse with Apple compared to BB, Android and WP. Perhaps it's not valid, but when I hear someone say they'll never leave Android it's due to a specific reason or reasons. Like they love the big screen, or they love the widgets or they love the ability to customize. When I hear someone say they will never leave Apple, it's almost always "because it just works" or "because it's the best." Someone says they aren't leaving BB it's because of the keyboard or BBM or something specific. I rarely find an Apple devotee that can even name one thing they like that is keeping them on Apple other than 'it's the best." Certainly would find different answers from people here, but people here are typically more informed about their phone than most non-forum readers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And that may be true in the case of what you've seen, but to be honest...visiting several of the forums for the various kinds of platforms (and especially checking out the sub-sections on Reddit for specific OS's), the same can be said across the board.

To be honest, there ARE a lot of people who use Apple products who are, quite simply, just satisfied in general with their products, and the fact that they "just work" (at the risk of sounding cliche)...you can't blame them for this, they are just enjoying what satisfies their needs. And in those same scenarios, most of those people do not pay attention to the market like forum users usually do, therefore when a new function comes to the product they love, it kind of IS a new feature that Apple brought to the table, and it never existed to them...you can't blame people for this, I'd say a pretty large portion of any smart phone consumer base never ONCE signs into an internet forum to discuss their product, and they just buy what stands out and works for them the best.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW