iOS 7 Exclusive iPhone 5 Features?

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Does iOS 7 have any features that the 4S wont get? Only one I saw was the air drop feature. Trying to decide if I need to try to get a 5 but didn't see any game-changing features that only the 5 gets.

Thoughts?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Massie posted a chart detailing Which Device Gets Which Features. I think that is also the tittle of the post.
Search Massie's post & you'll find it.

Good Luck

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not complaining about it but why does the mini get features the ipad 2 doesn't? Just because it is newer? Same specs right?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not complaining about it but why does the mini get features the ipad 2 doesn't? Just because it is newer? Same specs right?
Actually, the mini has specs similar to the iPad4th generation... and better than the iPad3. The iPad2 doesn't have the hardware to support the goodies it's not getting.

edit to add: post 6000 for me on iMore...

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the mini has specs similar to the iPad4th generation... and better than the iPad3. The iPad2 doesn't have the hardware to support the goodies it's not getting.

The mini has the same internals as the ipad 2. Apple It has the same cameras as the "new ipad" but that is the only thing they share in common.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Whoa wait, did that chart day iPad 2 gets Siri with iOS 7? It doesn't have that now.

Good catch ninjamattic. I hope it's true.
Good Luck

Looks like Giz made a mistake; they've updated their original chart and I've edited the posts here to reflect that. Probably happened because Apple (since it isn't using generation numbers as identifiers) just said Siri would be on all "Retina" iPads--I'm guessing someone there thought the iPad 2 was the first Retina model.

Sorry guys!

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So the iPhone 4 will get the glass pane and Gaussian blur effects? I wonder how it will perform...

I figure it will still get that there will be some limitations between the 4 and 5 for sure such as no seri or cam filters

The glass pane stuff might not be on be 4

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Looks like Giz made a mistake; they've updated their original chart and I've edited the posts here to reflect that. Probably happened because Apple (since it isn't using generation numbers as identifiers) just said Siri would be on all "Retina" iPads--I'm guessing someone there thought the iPad 2 was the first Retina model.

Sorry guys!
Tks for the clarification Massie.
Good Luck

alsource

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
From Apple's website:
Features are subject to change. Not all features are available on all devices.
Panorama format is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation). Square and video formats and swipe to capture are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Filters in Camera are available on iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation). Filters in Photos are available on iPhone 4 or later, iPad (3rd generation or later), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
AirDrop is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account.
Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply. New female and male voices will be available initially in U.S. English, French, and German.
Find My iPhone enables you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan. Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Man I wish. The ipad mini is a mini ipad 2. Specs are almost identical. Same processor and gpu, same screen resolution. The only thing better on the mini is the camera, wifi, and power savings. Definitely not as good as the ipad 3 spec wise.

The ipad 2 should definitely be capable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice