What about the hardware is different than the mini? Please explain? Everything I have read is 16gb ipad 2 wifi has the same exact processor and screen resolution, only difference is size of screen, camera, and wifi.

I don't think the engine analogy works here.
    The main differences between the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini:

The Mini has BT 4.0 (iPad 2 has BT 2.1)
    The Mini has LTE cellular (iPad 2 has 3G)
    The MIni has a rear 1080p HD still and video camera w 5 MP sensor (iPad 2 has 720p still/video camera w 0.7 MP sensor)
    The Mini has a front 1.2 MP still, 720p video camera (iPad 2 has VGA-quality still and video camera, 0.3 MP)
    What Fausty said. There are massive differences people turn a blind eye too.
    06-19-2013 10:57 PM
    What Fausty said. There are massive differences people turn a blind eye too.
    I dont think i would call the difference in camera and some wireless differences massive. That is a nice change in itself but it doesn't mean the ipad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run the stuff. It is just as powerful as the mini is all I was pointing to.

Sure the camera features would have to be left out but Siri should have always been on it. I understand why they didn't because they wanted another selling point for the next ipad.

I just find it crazy how lots of people right of the ipad 2 as weaker when it shares the same exact processor(a5) as the mini. Well the ipad 2 16 gb does anyways.

I don't have one myself anymore but the ipad 2 and the ipad mini while not powerhouses compared to the ipad3/4 is still quite capable of doing most of these tasks without problems.
    06-20-2013 06:28 PM
    I dont think i would call the difference in camera and some wireless differences massive. That is a nice change in itself but it doesn't mean the ipad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run the stuff. It is just as powerful as the mini is all I was pointing to.

Sure the camera features would have to be left out but Siri should have always been on it. I understand why they didn't because they wanted another selling point for the next ipad.

I just find it crazy how lots of people right of the ipad 2 as weaker when it shares the same exact processor(a5) as the mini. Well the ipad 2 16 gb does anyways.

I don't have one myself anymore but the ipad 2 and the ipad mini while not powerhouses compared to the ipad3/4 is still quite capable of doing most of these tasks without problems.
    Since Siri is server based, the cellular radio is a huge difference... and could very well be what kept Siri off that device.
    06-20-2013 06:44 PM
    Whoa wait, did that chart day iPad 2 gets Siri with iOS 7? It doesn't have that now.
    no
    06-20-2013 10:10 PM
    Since Siri is server based, the cellular radio is a huge difference... and could very well be what kept Siri off that device.
    Don't see why considering I have the 16 gb ipad mini with only wifi and it has it. Plus there are 3G versions of the ipad 2 just like the iPhone 4s
    06-20-2013 11:08 PM
    He probably should have said the LTE radio is a huge difference...which it is, monumental in fact.

Why all this debating back and forth about the two iPads though? They're obviously different in quite a few ways, whether someone thinks those are legitimate differences or not is just opinion anyways so what's the point? The iPad Mini and the iPad 2 are not the same...even if they share some internals, it doesn't make them the same.

I guess i just don't see why this argument is still happening given the proof has already been shown clearly...
    Fausty82 and kch50428 like this.
    06-21-2013 01:36 PM
31 12