New to iPhone, Some questions

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: New to iPhone

if anybody has any suggestions on how to get it working I am all ears. I was just kinda getting into setting it all up.

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Ok. With lots of patience and watching countless youtube videos. I have succeeded. I have everything working. yeah me. lol

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

After using Android for years as well then coming back to iPhone I thought I would miss the notification light as well but I haven't at all compared to all the crappily designed Android phones, the HTC phones usually being the exception, I wouldn't want one unless like Sean said they could incorporate it seamlessly without compromising the design aesthetic.
They easily can. On the DroidX, it's hidden behind the earpiece grill. On the iPhone it could be behind the earpiece grill, or just behind glass like the "face sensor" on the older iPhones.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

They easily can. On the DroidX, it's hidden behind the earpiece grill. On the iPhone it could be behind the earpiece grill, or just behind glass like the "face sensor" on the older iPhones.

Very true and I remember the rumors about it being built into the home which would be pretty cool.

Sent from the collector home world.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

notification light is just the camera flash. I used to miss my blackberry led but whie the iphone is locked, all yoour notifications are stacked on the lock screen.

for blacklisting calls, you need to be jailbroken, and it is possible.

for ringtones made from the device, you need to be jailbroken. There are tweaks to download things in safari, and also file browsers like ifile where you can then move the downloaded ringtones to your ringtone folder. There are also tweaks that let you use your songs to make ringtones out of. Seems kind of ridiculous when compared to other phones I know. The iphone still requires a computer or itunes for ringtones by default. Its like being back in 2001 technology where you can only buy ringtones off the built in store.

NakaYoung

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Or you could use the app YouMail and set it up where the person will call you but they'll get a disconnection operator. Try it and I bet you that you will love it. Oh and the app is FREE!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Or you could use the app YouMail and set it up where the person will call you but they'll get a disconnection operator. Try it and I bet you that you will love it. Oh and the app is FREE!!!!

I am assuming you are referring to the YouMail Visual Voicemail App.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Re: no notification light... we've had many a heated discussion on that in the past... feel free to search the forum for "LED"... I'm with you on the blacklist app... but until there is one, my workaround is an entry in my address book named "Ima Dumbass" - and in it is a collection of numbers that are my "blacklist"... the entry is set to not ring or vibrate... so all that happens when one of them calls is a missed call that's easy to dismiss... and ringtones are so easy once you know the process to make & sync them, you'll find that no app is needed.

"Ima Dumbass" HAHAHAHA. This made my morning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2