How is iPhone 5 better than the Z10

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Pathetic is not being able to make a salient point without a perjorative like "isheep".

Welcome to how even long term members at CB are treated by newbies. Heaven forbid you use the Z or Q and have a bad experience (like what happened with me), all of a sudden after 5 years and almost 5000 posts I have gems like the poster you quoted thrown at me. And it's hard to get through a thread over there without it - constant witty repartee like 'iSheep' or 'fan droid' 😒

It's so stupid. I've never seen a board with users more obsessed with throwing shade at other platform users to try to self justify their device choice. Generally it's the newbies, we oldbies just sit there, help users where we can, and face palm.

Shhhh qbnkelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to how even long term members at CB are treated by newbies. Heaven forbid you use the Z or Q and have a bad experience (like what happened with me), all of a sudden after 5 years and almost 5000 posts I have gems like the poster you quoted thrown at me. And it's hard to get through a thread over there without it - constant witty repartee like 'iSheep' or 'fan droid' ��

It's so stupid. I've never seen a board with users more obsessed with throwing shade at other platform users to try to self justify their device choice. Generally it's the newbies, we oldbies just sit there, help users where we can, and face palm.

Shhhh qbnkelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

It is pretty ridiculous. No need to put down other people and other platforms to try to justify your own preferences. Find what works for you, or at least what comes closest to your ideal, and be happy.

And it's okay to let others be happy, even if they didn't make the same choice as you.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 camera is better than the Z10? In what way? Care to explain? Or have you not even tried using the Z10's camera?

From what I've read, both have an 8 MP rear-facing camera. Both shoot 1080p videos. Both have HDR capability. Only one has photo filters and photo editing built into the OS. I'll give you a hint: the other is copying the filters and bringing it to a new iteration of their mobile OS in the fall.

Check out these (probably) unbiased smartphone camera reviews from ZDnet and CNET:

Camera phone comparison; HTC One, BlackBerry Z10, iPhone 5, Lumia 920, and Note II | ZDNet and

BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

If you believe the Z10 has a yawn inducing design factor, then you must feel the same way about the iPhone 5, as they don't look all that different. Both are slim, black (or white) rectangular slabs. Most people can't tell the difference between them from 5 feet away.

Okay, the iPhone 5 is lighter, but significantly? Let's not exaggerate the facts. The iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams (3.95 ounces), whereas the Z10 weighs 136 grams (4.8 ounces), a total difference of 24 grams, not even an ounce (0.85 oz). If this weight difference makes that big of a difference to you, you probably don't want to head to the gym.

If you're going to make a post to criticize the competition, at least have your facts straight. Not doing so makes you look like an ignorant fanboy.

I find the camera on the year old iPhone 5 to be superior to the four month old Z10. I own both. I don't need someone on a website to tell me which one I like best and which one satisfies me more. I can take a picture with last year's SGIII, last year's iPhone 5 and this year's Z10 and I always have to tweak the Z10 pic to get it to where I like it. Not so with the other two. And I prefer the iPhone 5 over the SGIII, which has an amazing camera as well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
"I have own both Z10 and Q10"

Reading your post, I highly doubt that such an isheep can pretend having owned both Q10 and Z10.

Pathetic

Lovely. Did that feel good, big boy? Can't resort to thought out arguments so you resort to name calling?

Pathetic.

I've got a Z10. And honestly, over the last week that I've owned it, it *KILLS* my Z10. You know the first reason why? Because it hasn't rebooted one single time. Because it has stellar battery life. Because it takes better pictures. Because I don't have to rely on Android to get me the apps I need.

Pathetic.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have owned both the Z10 & iPhone 5 ... Simply put, if the Z10 had the app support that is seen with iOS I believe that BB has a fantastic solution. It works incredibly well and is fluid. And the Z10 feels amazing in my hand. I could say similar things about Windows Phone however at the end of the day for me it's about functionality, and I need my apps.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... I don't know of a polite term to point a fanboy ++.... It is a bit shocking to see people pretending having owned other devices when you can guess they will never even try one of those because they are so sold to Apple.

Like they say: "One apple a day keeps the objectivity away"

I would say that the concept of "objectivity" is alien to you. You have formed a prejudiced opinion and cannot back it up. Tell me I haven't got a Z10. Tell me I haven't had a work BlackBerry since 2004 and a personal BlackBerry since 2008. iOS is a mature, fully developed OS that JUST.PLAIN.WORKS. Ever heard that phrase? It's true, and it's important. Especially when your BlackBerry decides to off itself in the middle of our commute home.

Fanboi???? Got a mirror handy?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the iPhone 5 and came to iPhone after having a blackberry for so long just cause I wanted apps and games and I had a blackberry for a while and it was time for a change.. But I see the new blackberry 10 devices and maybe it's not up there yet like iOS and android but I like how much they have improved and yea blackberry is still good for email txt and stuff like that but in a whole new form and like blackberry was before it's all for business iPhone is something u can use for entertainment

The beauty about an iPhone is that you can use it for whatever you want. In case you haven't noticed, corporations and government agencies are doing away with BlackBerry and deploying iPhones and iPads. Clearly it is perfectly suited for those agencies and corporations.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a member of all the Mobile Nations and an ambassador in the crackberry forums. You'd be hard pressed to find any posts that are simply argumentative from me.

I only said I wouldn't buy one, never said I wouldn't use one. I explore all the different platforms and enjoy each for their respective pros. I play with my brothers iPhone all the time and can't wait to try out the iOS7. BlackBerry just suits my personal needs better. Which is probably why iPhone users prefer the iPhone.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Lendo there is a huge difference between using and liking and promoting a Z10 and making asinine remarks like iSheep. You know I fight that in CB and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit by and not respond to a two post wonder coming in to call me an iSheep. He hasn't got a clue what phones I use or have used. It's that kind of troll who makes BlackBerry users look stupid. Not you.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Lendo there is a huge difference between using and liking and promoting a Z10 and making asinine remarks like iSheep. You know I fight that in CB and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit by and not respond to a two post wonder coming in to call me an iSheep. He hasn't got a clue what phones I use or have used. It's that kind of troll who makes BlackBerry users look stupid. Not you.

Aren't we friends? :p I would never call you that. You kinda scare me. :D

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Aren't we friends? :p I would never call you that. You kinda scare me. :D

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2

We ARE friends. That's what I mean, you're not trolling at all.

I use a Z10 that I love. I use an iPhone 5 that has FLOORED me. We're good.

And I'm not scary. Not *all* the time....😜

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What is a Z-10? haha

Z-10 Helicopter :laughing:

images

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member