How is iPhone 5 better than the Z10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my Z10 and my Q10, my brother loves his iPhone 5, but you'll never sell either of us on the other.
Not a problem. A lot of people feel the same way.
Does that mean I can't post here and he can't post on crackberry without being called trolls? :eek:

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
No, it does not, and yes, you can post here, however, don't be surprised or offended when you are confronted for posting unflattering things about a product you don't use or even plan on using in a forum that caters to that particular product or brand.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Not a problem. A lot of people feel the same way. No, it does not, and yes, you can post here, however, don't be surprised or offended when you are confronted for posting unflattering things about a product you don't use or even plan on using in a forum that caters to that particular product or brand.

I'm a member of all the Mobile Nations and an ambassador in the crackberry forums. You'd be hard pressed to find any posts that are simply argumentative from me.

I only said I wouldn't buy one, never said I wouldn't use one. I explore all the different platforms and enjoy each for their respective pros. I play with my brothers iPhone all the time and can't wait to try out the iOS7. BlackBerry just suits my personal needs better. Which is probably why iPhone users prefer the iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a member of all the Mobile Nations and an ambassador in the crackberry forums. You'd be hard pressed to find any posts that are simply argumentative from me.

I only said I wouldn't buy one, never said I wouldn't use one. I explore all the different platforms and enjoy each for their respective pros. I play with my brothers iPhone all the time and can't wait to try out the iOS7. BlackBerry just suits my personal needs better. Which is probably why iPhone users prefer the iPhone.

I didn't mean any disrespect. I took your statement, "I love my Z10 and my Q10, my brother loves his iPhone 5, but you'll never sell either of us on the other" to mean that you had no intentions of using the device your brother has. I now know that I misunderstood what you were stating. My apologies. "Generally speaking", however, my viewpoint remains the same....:)

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't mean any disrespect. I took your statement, "I love my Z10 and my Q10, my brother loves his iPhone 5, but you'll never sell either of us on the other" to mean that you had no intentions of using the device your brother has. I now know that I misunderstood what you were stating. My apologies. "Generally speaking", however, my viewpoint remains the same....:)

We're all here to help each other. Well most of us anyway. :thumbup:

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I come from a Z10. They are both two very different phones so comparing them is pretty stupid.

Though my thoughts is that when it comes to pure communication, the Z10/BB10 can't be beaten by any phone or any other system. BB10 with it's hub is just amazing when it comes to communication. For business it's excellent.

It's also the fastest system to work with. The flow in the system is amazing and you navigate the phone fast as heck once you get used to all the gestures. I dare to say BB10 is by far the fastest OS with the best flow in it. Only MeeGo comes close to being as fast to work with with it's swiping setup.

Though what it falls flat on is the personal experience. It lacks apps. And many apps are Android ports which are choppy and a pain to use.

The hardware is OK but when you pick up a iPhone 5 you feel the quality.

In the end I prefer the iPhone for everyday use because it just works and it's so smooth.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting thread. ;). Get what works best for you! For some that will be the Z10 but for most here at iMore it will be the iPhone 5!

For me the best of all world's as I have a Z10 a Samsung S4 and an iPad mini.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Given the fact that we are all on these forums for the same reason, which is our love for tech, I don't see why we all just can't get along and stop with the name calling no matter what the names are.... At the end of the day we all have phones that we like and hopefully best meet our needs .... Just my 2?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Interesting thread. ;). Get what works best for you! For some that will be the Z10 but for most here at iMore it will be the iPhone 5!

For me the best of all world's as I have a Z10 a Samsung S4 and an iPad mini.

I keep drooling over the iPad mini. Need something to replace my aging Playbook. :D You should loan me yours for a few weeks :devil:

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you're looking for on a smartphone. The Z10 has its strengths, like true multitasking and fantastic communication features (Hub), but app selection is poor. BB10 is struggling to gain traction as a viable platform and hasn't been selling very well.

iPhone still enjoys the best app library in the world, and will be getting a major OS update soon. An established user base ensures it will be around as a platform for a long time to come.

I seriously considered the Z10, but went with an I5 in the end. I'm very happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
After I got my Q10, I traded up my Z10 for the iPhone 5, and while it was going to be a upgrade for the gf from the iPhone 4, I got to sit down and play with it for a week, before getting it hardware exchanged for a faulty camera/power button.

Having owned a iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, a iPad 2 and recently the iPhone 5 in the household, I can definitely chime in on how the iPhone 5 can be better than the Z10 in certain aspects.

The ecosystem is there, the OS is 6 years old now. It's refined, it's polished, and really it's a really nice simplistic UI, and its certainaly a pick up and go device for anyone at any technical expertise level. iOS7 will also be a big game changer, as it's bringing a modern, refreshing overhaul to the UI. I got to play with Beta1 and it was quite nice.

Ecosystem on the Z10/BB10 platform, while minimal is starting to grow.The addition to add android ported apps into the app world definitely helps. It also makes the transition easier to native app based on feed back from people who download those apps and leave reviews.

On ease of use, i'll have to give it to the iPhone. Again a refine UI and OS over 6 years, its pretty simple to pick up and go. The BB10 platform is based on peek and flow gestures. It's quite a learning curve for past trackpad/trackball BB users, and even those coming from different platforms. That being said though, I personally enjoy the swipe gesture over having to physically hit a button. Buttons break over time, or just by luck of the draw. The other down side to the button, is the double tap to open "multitasking" (iOS6 leaving iOS7 out of the mix since its not generally available to the public), is a pain which leads me to my next point.

Multitasking, I feel personally is done way better with BB10 and active frames vs the iOS6 method and freezing the apps. Example, I could open my web browser on my BB10 device, open a youtube video, minimize my browser, the audio/video is still playing in the background, while I could than go into my Hub, answer a few BBM's, a few emails, and go back to my active frame page, click on my browser frame, and continue as if nothing happened.

If I try that same scenario on iOS6 it's, open broswer, button to go home, open email app, button to go home, messaging app, button to go home, double click button, reopen broswer, and have it reload the entire web page/video over again.

Keyboard whether on Q10 or Z10, is vastly superior to any thing on the market. The only keyboard that can compare is Swiftkey on Android. And even that is a long shot from the Z10.

But again these are all my preferences, each have their own. I personally would pick up a iPhone 5 for myself or iPad Mini just to have all that money I've invested into the Ecosystem back.

Though as much as a BlackBerry fan as I am, if I had to tell the common user to choose between BlackBerry 10 and iOS6/7, I'd have to point them in the way of iOS. Now if that user is a little more educated on BlackBerry and have had knowledge of what the platform consists of, I'd definitely try to get them on BB10 as we need more users to have the system grow. It's a catch 22 situation for BB right now.

Of course, I also send people the way of Android as well just in spite of Apple ;)

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful input. I'm debating on getting the 5 or the z10. I was going to wait on the 5S, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the helpful input. I'm debating on getting the 5 or the z10. I was going to wait on the 5S, but I can't resist the urge any longer.

I am sure which ever one you choose will be fine. Just make sure to use you carriers 14 day return period if the first one you pick isn't meeting your needs.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234