How is iPhone 5 better than the Z10

Nikedas

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Blah blah blah... incoherent babble...

Look, first off, I'm not a troll. I love Apple and Blackberry, am an Apple shareholder and Z10 user, and proud Macbook Air owner. I'm not looking to troll anyone, I'm just setting the record straight, and you sir, were factually incorrect. I couldn't care less (not could care less, that means you actually care, fyi) about ZDnet and CNET. They just happened to be the first two links Google came up with, and I pasted them here. I didn't even read the line you're referring to, LOL. I looked at the pics, read a few of the comparisons, and realized that their cameras outperform each other in different aspects and settings. To me, the iPhone 5 seems to do a better job in daylight, and the Z10 at night, and yes, the proof is in the pudding (or in this case, ZDnet).
Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 7.57.18 AM.png

As for the weight difference, fine, by smartphone standards, iPhone 5 as set the bar for weight. Kudos to them. For me, 24 grams isn't going to make or break my decision on either phone. 100 grams on the other hand, and I might consider the weight 'significant' by smartphone standards. Others may feel the same. Results may vary.

To you and I, the difference between both phones cosmetically are noticeable. But we're not most people, we're phone aficionados who know our phones in painstaking detail. The reason I bring this up: countless people have mistaken my Z10 for an iPhone 5. Friends, people on campus, people at the library, on the bus, at a restaurant, countless people have asked if I had the iPhone 5, and are surprised when they realize that I, in fact, have the Z10. Then some ask about it and what it can do. So yes, by my personal account, most people cannot tell the difference between the 2 phones from 5 feet away, unless the phones happened to be side-by-side, at which point, I would hope they would at least see that one has a home button and one doesn't, LOL.

Btw, I'm glad that Apple has finally decided to copy the best features of Android, Blackberry 10 (and let's not forget, webOS) in iOS 7, (and this isn't a troll comment). It's because the iPhone now has some of the features I've always wanted in a phone (multi-tasking, gestures, control centre, and a better messaging and email experience). I admit, iOS 7 took the best of other phones, and made it even better and smoother, and you've stated at least one thing correctly: that iOS is a more polished operating system and the most stable out there. For these reasons I will probably get an iPhone in the future. I just hope they get rid of that prone-to-break home button and implement word prediction on the keyboard. Oh, and you won't have to worry about my one or two posts, I plan to post a lot more once I have an iPhone, hahaha.

Btw, hilarious quote by Jeremy Clarkson in your sig, I actually laughed out loud.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had both and prefer the number of apps in apples store, I found it a bit frustrating having so many of my favorite apps missing from the blackberry store.

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
A lot of corp environments refuse to allow Apple into their infrastructure. They're so stuck on BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). In fact, if ever their BB device has an issue with it, they may have implicit instructions not to send to Blackberry or any store for repair. If a software refresh doesn't remedy the problem, the BB is simply destroyed and a new one purchased. How many corporations do that with an iPhone if there any issues? Nonetheless, the point is that some people will insist on one is better than the other. It is all bias. As far as telling which is which: Z10 vs iPhone 5 and mistaking one for the another? That's like mistaking a Chevy Volt for a BMW 7 series car.

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Dose it matter, I have the Iphone 5 and dose everything I need to, when I need it.others will say it's the z10, it's just a matter of preference.

Well said. I have a Z10 and my brother has his iPhone 5. Neither of us would let the other touch it for fear it would get smashed out of frustration. LOL

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
as for the phone feature of call/text they're both the same.

now for apps/games the iphone is better.
the iphone takes better pictures (don't even bring up the mp on both cams)
the iphone doesn't lag
everyone has an iphone so you should just get one to be part of the group and not a ******

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Those who say both are great OS's are very biased. iOS is vastly superior, it is tried and true. OS 10 is NOT, in fact US carriers have not updated to the latest BB OS because OS 10.0 had so many problems, including constant resetting, refusing caldav syncing for OS 10 an d Windows. Having a very dim screen on the Q10, and many others. BB is a third rate not ready OS. According to a Verizon tech, it might be ready in a year. I say "maybe." You MUST also consider the apps. OS 10.0 has very few native apps, what they do have are native to Android an ported! Why use a ported app which may pr may not work well on a BB. Just buy an android device. Of curse iOS beats android by a mile! Read the Crackberry forum and check out the childlike posts! If you want to be a part fine! I have owned both the Zee 10, and the Q 10. They are both deficient compared to the iPhone. And imho so are the posters, the mods, and the owner. How juvenile growing a pony tail until your new machine comes out? I want no part.

Steph_leduc

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
"I have own both Z10 and Q10"

Reading your post, I highly doubt that such an isheep can pretend having owned both Q10 and Z10.

Pathetic

Steph_leduc

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry... I don't know of a polite term to point a fanboy ++.... It is a bit shocking to see people pretending having owned other devices when you can guess they will never even try one of those because they are so sold to Apple.

Like they say: "One apple a day keeps the objectivity away"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry... I don't know of a polite term to point a fanboy ++.... It is a bit shocking to see people pretending having owned other devices when you can guess they will never even try one of those because they are so sold to Apple.

Like they say: "One apple a day keeps the objectivity away"

You sound like an denizen of another platform who's come here to troll... as clearly evidenced by that asinine quote.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You sound like an denizen of another platform who's come here to troll... as clearly evidenced by that asinine quote.

Haha Keith he just created his iMore account at 7am this morning clearly someone whose objective themselves when their first two posts are attacking us 'iSheep'.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I have the iPhone 5 and came to iPhone after having a blackberry for so long just cause I wanted apps and games and I had a blackberry for a while and it was time for a change.. But I see the new blackberry 10 devices and maybe it's not up there yet like iOS and android but I like how much they have improved and yea blackberry is still good for email txt and stuff like that but in a whole new form and like blackberry was before it's all for business iPhone is something u can use for entertainment

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I love my Z10 and my Q10, my brother loves his iPhone 5, but you'll never sell either of us on the other. Does that mean I can't post here and he can't post on crackberry without being called trolls? :eek:

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I love my Z10 and my Q10, my brother loves his iPhone 5, but you'll never sell either of us on the other. Does that mean I can't post here and he can't post on crackberry without being called trolls? :eek:

If you're not a fan of or user of Apple devices, just why are you here?

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
If you're not a fan of or user of Apple devices, just why are you here?

Although I'd never buy one, doesnt mean I've never used one or can't be helpful to users who need assistance.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pathetic is not being able to make a salient point without a perjorative like "isheep".

I'm a little late here.

I find it funny when hardcore Blackberry users who talk about how they've "stuck by" Blackberry and so forth
through all call people who use Apple products "sheep." Isn't "sticking by" a big *** company so you can
buy their new products tantamount to sheep?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Although I'd never buy one, doesnt mean I've never used one or can't be halpfuk to users who need assistance.

True... if the "assistance" becomes constant zealous promotion of your preferred platform it may not be all that 'halpfuk'....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234