Well, at least you guys know the difference between the two phones? Cause I don't
    One isn't a Blackberry. So that automatically qualifies it as being better than the other.

What were your friend's reasoning's?
    MERCDROID and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    06-06-2013 02:43 PM
    He could never explain. He just said, we'll look at it, look at the videos in YouTube... So, basically he couldn't explain himself, You guys don't give a concrete explanation either so I don't know
    06-06-2013 04:13 PM
    Maybe it's ones personal opinion on how the device maybe better then something else.

If you want hardware specs I can list them..... But not sure what else you want me to tell ya.. I use the iPhone 5 and have used the Z10 before, but not anymore....

06-06-2013 04:32 PM
    I think there's a pretty big difference between saying something is "Not an enterprise device" and saying something isn't AS GOOD as another device at BEING an enterprise device. The iPhone works perfectly well for me as an enterprise device for what I ask for it, maybe you ask for more...or maybe you're just used to the Blackberry functioning in that realm, but to say that the iPhone isn't an enterprise device at all is a bit silly, especially since it's being picked up everyday by more and more corporations as their device of choice.

He could never explain. He just said, we'll look at it, look at the videos in YouTube... So, basically he couldn't explain himself, You guys don't give a concrete explanation either so I don't know
    You want a concrete explanation? iOS is a more polished and tested operating system...it has a vastly larger app selection, it's had 6 iterations (going on 7) to work out the freshman bugs that BB10 will be fighting through over the next couple of years (if Blackberry lasts that long in the consumer market), and it performs with a stability that is unmatched ANYWHERE across the spectrum of smartphone OS's.

Then we can dive into the hardware in many ways...the camera is unquestionably better on the iPhone 5 than the Z10, the design is a matter of taste, but the weight and build quality is not, it is a cleaner device than the Z10 (which just has a yawn inducing design factor to it, and falls victim of blending in with the plethora of other stale, black plastic looking smartphones on the market these days). The Z10 is also significantly heavier (by smartphone standards).

...we could go on and on about apps and other opinionated items, but to lay it out, there's a pretty defined (IE: CONCRETE) "better" phone here, and it's made by Apple. Is it "better" for every person on the planet? Nope...and no phone ever will be. When you sit them down next to each other though, the iPhone sits on top of the device food chain, and one of them is clamoring away somewhere in the middle. We won't even get into sales figures and customer satisfaction here, lol...that's a road Blackberry will never get to, even if BB10 based end up very successful.

And the real beauty here? You're comparing last years iPhone to the fresh Blackberry...keep in mind that we're just a couple months away from a higher spec'ed iPhone, when the iPhone 5 is already holding it's own just fine against the NEW competition, lol.

Last edited by SeanHRCC; 06-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    06-06-2013 04:54 PM
    I think there's a pretty big difference between saying something is "Not an enterprise device" and saying something isn't AS GOOD as another device at BEING an enterprise device. The iPhone works perfectly well for me as an enterprise device for what I ask for it, maybe you ask for more...or maybe you're just used to the Blackberry functioning in that realm, but to say that the iPhone isn't an enterprise device at all is a bit silly, especially since it's being picked up everyday by more and more corporations as their device of choice.

You want a concrete explanation? iOS is a more polished and tested operating system...it has a vastly larger app selection, it's had 6 iterations (going on 7) to work out the freshman bugs that BB10 will be fighting through over the next couple of years (if Blackberry lasts that long in the consumer market), and it performs with a stability that is unmatched ANYWHERE across the spectrum of smartphone OS's.

Then we can dive into the hardware in many ways...the camera is unquestionably better on the iPhone 5 than the Z10, the design is a matter of taste, but the weight and build quality is not, it is a cleaner device than the Z10 (which just has a yawn inducing design factor to it, and falls victim of blending in with the plethora of other stale, black plastic looking smartphones on the market these days). The Z10 is also significantly heavier (by smartphone standards).

...we could go on and on about apps and other opinionated items, but to lay it out, there's a pretty defined (IE: CONCRETE) "better" phone here, and it's made by Apple. Is it "better" for every person on the planet? Nope...and no phone ever will be. When you sit them down next to each other though, the iPhone sits on top of the device food chain, and one of them is clamoring away somewhere in the middle. We won't even get into sales figures and customer satisfaction here, lol...that's a road Blackberry will never get to, even if BB10 based end up very successful.

And the real beauty here? You're comparing last years iPhone to the fresh Blackberry...keep in mind that we're just a couple months away from a higher spec'ed iPhone, when the iPhone 5 is already holding it's own just fine against the NEW competition, lol.

Couldn't you be more specific?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-06-2013 05:26 PM
    Couldn't you be more specific?
    Yup!
    Last edited by John Yester; 06-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    06-06-2013 05:28 PM

I suppose you're right, and my Z10 performs well as a consumer device, for me at least. It keeps me happy.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-06-2013 05:28 PM
    Walking into a store and playing with the display models for 20 minutes each will give you
    a slight idea of what's good for you. Especially if you're an enthusiast. When I played around
    with the z10 for kicks, the difference between that and my iPhone 5 was uncanny. The overall
    responsiveness of the UI is flat out better on the iPhone. Take into consideration what Sean
    just said. The freakin' thing was released last September. It's on top of the food chain, still.
    I swear, I think I could use an iPhone 4 from 2010 for a week and be happier than I would us-
    ing a Z10 of 2013.

The best thing about being a consumer is a period of time to return a device if you're not happy
    with it and try something else.
    beeray likes this.
    06-06-2013 05:34 PM
    Several small items, that don't allow me to operate as quickly/smoothly as my 9930 did.

Conference calls - If I added a number to an individual's contact in this format 1.800.123.5555X123456# my 9930 saw that, and prompted me to dial the extension/PIN (from what I understand Android also acknowledged this format). The iPhone, I now have to go through all my contacts and change the X to a ; instead. The problem is, the number doesn't show up in the contact list as a number to dial for those respective contacts. So even though the format will work, I can put it in the meeting notes, and dial from there, I'm frustrated I don't have the numbers listed with the contacts, so when I know I have a call, I pull that person's contact card up, dial the conference call number. The phone is basically causing me extra work. Every conference call I accept, I have to edit the meeting to put the conf bridge number in a format the phone will acknowledge.

Calendar - Calendar appointments accepted in Outlook don't show as accepted on the iPhone. This was completely seamless on my 9930

Typing - Key to answering/responding to emails is just not conducive to being productive. I just find it rather difficult to type on the iPhone. (I can't avoid it either, so I'm forced to get used to it, and its not happening) My Z10 is hands down, more productive to type with. So much so, there is no need to use common mobile phone shorthand.

Why do I have to slide to unlock, if I just used a button to turn it on? Why in the app store do I always have to put my password in for free apps, and twice to buy one?

Riding in the car, playing music, answering calls, its great.

The way see it, the apps make the iPhone. The OS is just there, unless there's something I'm missing, its just swipe and tap.

I'm not bashing the iPhone, its just not geared for productivity. It does what it does well, and that's play music, video, take pictures/video, and run cool apps.

Receiving/Sending/syncing email/appt's is a start, but being productive using it for email/conf-calls is another level that the iPhone is just falling short. I can do it, but it's a bit clunky doing it....
    It's interesting you mention the Calendar issue, I work in IT and had to help a client with that, his iPhone did not sync the accepted calendar event and to get it to sync i had to remove and re add that calendar
    06-06-2013 07:52 PM
    It's interesting you mention the Calendar issue, I work in IT and had to help a client with that, his iPhone did not sync the accepted calendar event and to get it to sync i had to remove and re add that calendar
    How so? On the phone, from Mobile Iron, or some other way?
    06-06-2013 09:26 PM
    I came here with the purpose of knowing this.

I have a friend that says that the Z10 is not on the level of the 4S and too far away from iP5. Not sure what he means by that so I was hoping to get some answers on this.
    your question is inherently subjective. I don't like blackberry phones so there is no blackberry that i'd i've over my 4S or equivalent spec'd android phone. What's better will always depend on what's of value to you as a user. take blackberry messenger, take imessage. There's little about either i care about. I don't want delivery confirmations. I don't want to send them. I don't want to group chat and i have free unlimited texting. So neither feature is important. And you can do the same for the rest of the specs on a given phone. it may or may not be a positive. I don't use the calender. So how good your calender is matters not. On a webos phone they kept mentioning "real multitasking." I don't care. I don't do that much. And even if one phone does it better the issue is sometimes is does a phone do something good enough to satisfy me regardless? and many do. For example, a $400k sports car may go 0-60 in 4 seconds but maybe 0-60 in 6 seconds is perfectly fine for me. Not like i'm drag racing. it's all subjective. There is really no better just what's best for you.
    John Yester likes this.
    06-07-2013 02:03 AM
    The price is too low.
    06-07-2013 11:38 AM
    The price is too low.

​In regard to.....?
    06-07-2013 11:53 AM

The iPhone 5 camera is better than the Z10? In what way? Care to explain? Or have you not even tried using the Z10's camera?

From what I've read, both have an 8 MP rear-facing camera. Both shoot 1080p videos. Both have HDR capability. Only one has photo filters and photo editing built into the OS. I'll give you a hint: the other is copying the filters and bringing it to a new iteration of their mobile OS in the fall.

Check out these (probably) unbiased smartphone camera reviews from ZDnet and CNET:

Camera phone comparison; HTC One, BlackBerry Z10, iPhone 5, Lumia 920, and Note II | ZDNet and

BlackBerry Z10 camera versus iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

If you believe the Z10 has a yawn inducing design factor, then you must feel the same way about the iPhone 5, as they don't look all that different. Both are slim, black (or white) rectangular slabs. Most people can't tell the difference between them from 5 feet away.

Okay, the iPhone 5 is lighter, but significantly? Let's not exaggerate the facts. The iPhone 5 weighs 112 grams (3.95 ounces), whereas the Z10 weighs 136 grams (4.8 ounces), a total difference of 24 grams, not even an ounce (0.85 oz). If this weight difference makes that big of a difference to you, you probably don't want to head to the gym.

If you're going to make a post to criticize the competition, at least have your facts straight. Not doing so makes you look like an ignorant fanboy.
    06-11-2013 08:16 PM
    blah blah blah...useless drivel...blah.
    What facts did i get wrong, troll? I've seen plenty of comparisons between the Z10 and iPhone 5's photography capabilities...the iPhone 5 is second to the Lumia 920, period. Don't agree? I could care less, the proof is in the pudding. And it's cute that you reference that CNet comparison, you know...the one where there was siding with the iPhone 5 through most of the comparisons, and pointing out that "Blackberry fans finally have something to be happy about."...well played? LOL.

The weight difference (if you bother to go back and read my post again) specifically pointed out the difference being by smartphone standards. Assuming you can read clearly, one can only hope you just missed that part (or maybe you're dense, who knows).

Lastly, you said most people couldn't tell the difference between the phone's cosmetically from a distance...I can only deduce that by distance you meant like 100 yards, or perhaps by a half blind elderly person. When i see the two phones, the difference is both noticeable and clear...now i can't speak on behalf of everyone, but if the two phones look the same to you sitting in front of you, it might be time to set an eye doctor appointment.

You want proof of what I'm clamoring about? Go look it up...you've got one post here and it was to try and kick up dust. I can't believe I've posted this much in response lol.

Don't let the door hit ya.
    06-11-2013 10:19 PM
    Blah blah blah... incoherent babble...
    Look, first off, I'm not a troll. I love Apple and Blackberry, am an Apple shareholder and Z10 user, and proud Macbook Air owner. I'm not looking to troll anyone, I'm just setting the record straight, and you sir, were factually incorrect. I couldn't care less (not could care less, that means you actually care, fyi) about ZDnet and CNET. They just happened to be the first two links Google came up with, and I pasted them here. I didn't even read the line you're referring to, LOL. I looked at the pics, read a few of the comparisons, and realized that their cameras outperform each other in different aspects and settings. To me, the iPhone 5 seems to do a better job in daylight, and the Z10 at night, and yes, the proof is in the pudding (or in this case, ZDnet).
    How is iPhone 5 better than the Z10-screen-shot-2013-06-12-7.57.18-am.png

As for the weight difference, fine, by smartphone standards, iPhone 5 as set the bar for weight. Kudos to them. For me, 24 grams isn't going to make or break my decision on either phone. 100 grams on the other hand, and I might consider the weight 'significant' by smartphone standards. Others may feel the same. Results may vary.

To you and I, the difference between both phones cosmetically are noticeable. But we're not most people, we're phone aficionados who know our phones in painstaking detail. The reason I bring this up: countless people have mistaken my Z10 for an iPhone 5. Friends, people on campus, people at the library, on the bus, at a restaurant, countless people have asked if I had the iPhone 5, and are surprised when they realize that I, in fact, have the Z10. Then some ask about it and what it can do. So yes, by my personal account, most people cannot tell the difference between the 2 phones from 5 feet away, unless the phones happened to be side-by-side, at which point, I would hope they would at least see that one has a home button and one doesn't, LOL.

Btw, I'm glad that Apple has finally decided to copy the best features of Android, Blackberry 10 (and let's not forget, webOS) in iOS 7, (and this isn't a troll comment). It's because the iPhone now has some of the features I've always wanted in a phone (multi-tasking, gestures, control centre, and a better messaging and email experience). I admit, iOS 7 took the best of other phones, and made it even better and smoother, and you've stated at least one thing correctly: that iOS is a more polished operating system and the most stable out there. For these reasons I will probably get an iPhone in the future. I just hope they get rid of that prone-to-break home button and implement word prediction on the keyboard. Oh, and you won't have to worry about my one or two posts, I plan to post a lot more once I have an iPhone, hahaha.

Btw, hilarious quote by Jeremy Clarkson in your sig, I actually laughed out loud.
    Last edited by Nikedas; 06-12-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Harley Kid likes this.
    06-12-2013 08:47 AM
    I have had both and prefer the number of apps in apples store, I found it a bit frustrating having so many of my favorite apps missing from the blackberry store.
    06-16-2013 01:40 PM
    What do you mean "in its time".....the HALO franchise is still one of THE best, even now ....sorry I know its not on topic but it had to be said lol
    Kill Zone Shadowfall would like to have a word with you.
    06-16-2013 06:18 PM
    A lot of corp environments refuse to allow Apple into their infrastructure. They're so stuck on BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). In fact, if ever their BB device has an issue with it, they may have implicit instructions not to send to Blackberry or any store for repair. If a software refresh doesn't remedy the problem, the BB is simply destroyed and a new one purchased. How many corporations do that with an iPhone if there any issues? Nonetheless, the point is that some people will insist on one is better than the other. It is all bias. As far as telling which is which: Z10 vs iPhone 5 and mistaking one for the another? That's like mistaking a Chevy Volt for a BMW 7 series car.
    06-17-2013 11:39 PM
    Dose it matter, I have the Iphone 5 and dose everything I need to, when I need it.others will say it's the z10, it's just a matter of preference.
    Well said. I have a Z10 and my brother has his iPhone 5. Neither of us would let the other touch it for fear it would get smashed out of frustration. LOL
    qbnkelt and anon5664829 like this.
    06-17-2013 11:49 PM
    Well said. I have a Z10 and my brother has his iPhone 5. Neither of us would let the other touch it for fear it would get smashed out of frustration. LOL
    Lmao
    anon5664829 likes this.
    06-18-2013 02:24 AM
    both are great devices and great OS's. I think for me iPhone advantage is the 900,000 apps vs BB's not so many.
    06-19-2013 01:38 PM
    as for the phone feature of call/text they're both the same.

now for apps/games the iphone is better.
    the iphone takes better pictures (don't even bring up the mp on both cams)
    the iphone doesn't lag
    everyone has an iphone so you should just get one to be part of the group and not a ******
    06-20-2013 03:24 PM
    Those who say both are great OS's are very biased. iOS is vastly superior, it is tried and true. OS 10 is NOT, in fact US carriers have not updated to the latest BB OS because OS 10.0 had so many problems, including constant resetting, refusing caldav syncing for OS 10 an d Windows. Having a very dim screen on the Q10, and many others. BB is a third rate not ready OS. According to a Verizon tech, it might be ready in a year. I say "maybe." You MUST also consider the apps. OS 10.0 has very few native apps, what they do have are native to Android an ported! Why use a ported app which may pr may not work well on a BB. Just buy an android device. Of curse iOS beats android by a mile! Read the Crackberry forum and check out the childlike posts! If you want to be a part fine! I have owned both the Zee 10, and the Q 10. They are both deficient compared to the iPhone. And imho so are the posters, the mods, and the owner. How juvenile growing a pony tail until your new machine comes out? I want no part.
    lovemyspanish likes this.
    06-22-2013 05:39 PM
    "I have own both Z10 and Q10"

Reading your post, I highly doubt that such an isheep can pretend having owned both Q10 and Z10.

Pathetic
    07-22-2013 10:47 AM
95 1234