New iPhone 5

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just took advantage of the Best Buy promotion where I traded in my iphone 4 for a iPhone 5, now I have some questions.

First, my iphone 4 NEVER dropped a call but since getting the 5 it is constantly dropping calls and calls are breaking up. Is this a common issue with this device. I have done a complete restore twice and done a reset network settings as well with no change.

Second, the screen seems to have a blueish tint is this normal.

So far I don't see any difference in speed between the 4 and 5 should there be?

And battery life is horrible compared to the 4 that I just came from.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No, that is not a common issue with any of the iPhone's, much less the iPhone 5.

My screen does not have a bluish tint.

What speeds are you talking about? Processor speeds probably won't jump out into your face unless you find an app or game that particularly ran slowly on your iPhone 4...the processor is substantially more capable on the iPhone 5, but depending on what you use your phone for, you may not ever push it's abilities. Data wise, there should be a night and day difference...LTE speeds on the iPhone 5 are typically faster than most home WiFi networks depending on your location. My data speeds are dramatically faster than any phone i have ever used.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just meant the speed it takes to do something. I have not run any type of speed test. I'm not sure what website/app is best to use as I've never done it before. A friend told me his runs about a 9.5 whatever that means is that good or average

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Based on your comments so far, I doubt you're going to find much interesting about clocking your processor speed...and the reason you've yet to notice much difference on your phone is because you probably didn't do much to really push your iPhone 4, thus the same will be found for the iPhone 5. My opinion really is that these big time processor #'s that smartphone manufacturers shove in your face mean jack squat to your average consumer...and are simply there to show something "better" on paper.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh iPhone5 is definitely faster than iP4 :) and I didnt notice any blueish tint, if you have that on your phone then that's really not normal. Maybe you have to contact Best buy and replace your phone with a new one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Blueish tint? No. Get it replaced.

I'm about to schedule an genius bar appointment because my phone starts to get
too hot at times and with it comes my screen losing brightness until it cools down.
That's not normal and neither is blueish tint. Which is why it's so great to own an
Apple product. If you experience behavior like this, Apple doesn't make it hard to
get it fixed.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

too hot at times and with it comes my screen losing brightness until it cools down.
That's not normal and neither is blueish tint. Which is why it's so great to own an
Apple product. If you experience behavior like this, Apple doesn't make it hard to
get it fixed.

True, no hard at all, have my ip5 since launch and my sleep button is starting to fail.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

get it fixed.

Mine seems to get hot as well but I thought it was normal

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So it's not normal when it gets hot? Mine gets hot but doesn't get a blue tint or lose brightness but it definetely gets hotter than normal

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

get it fixed.

Not where Apple stores are not available.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the dropped calls, it may be due to the area you're in. Some users on this forum have mentioned that if the LTE service is spotty, it drops calls when trying to look for 3G/4G.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

get it fixed.

Mine gets VERY hot when I'm using the Mobile Hotspot feature, but that also happened with my 4S so I tend to look the other way.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Something new happened, my phone was asleep and I pressed the home button to wake it up and slide the unlock bar and then the screen went very dim, (I do not have the auto brightness turned on) so I pressed the lock button and tried again and then the whole screen went white. It has not done it again since. Is this just a funky glitch, and I shouldn't be worried?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Mine seems to get hot as well but I thought it was normal
It's normal to an extent. But when my screen starts to dim, that's a sign, to me at least, that
it's getting too hot.

So it's not normal when it gets hot? Mine gets hot but doesn't get a blue tint or lose brightness but it definetely gets hotter than normal
As long as it doesn't dim, it's fine.

Not where Apple stores are not available.
Call 'em up and they'll send you a replacement.

Mine gets VERY hot when I'm using the Mobile Hotspot feature, but that also happened with my 4S so I tend to look the other way.
Now THAT is normal.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Apple Support and they told me to take my device into a local Apple store to have it replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro