Should I buy the iphone 5 or a BB Q10?

_X_

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I need my phone to atleast last till midnight when I can plug it in. With the S2, despite having rooted it, removing all of the bloatware, using it on the power saving mode, turning the brightness down to absolute....
Okay why did you say so in the first place.

There are two android phone that can handle this load. The Razer Maxx and the Note2.

I have the Note2 and the phone last forever(okay heavily exaggerated) but a lot longer than I've ever seen any smartphone last.

I'm a very heavy phone users and usually my battery never last past midday. Note2 included, but if I tone it down and use the note as I did all my previous phone the battery lasts most of the day.

Last weekend I was at a beach tournament for my daughter's soccer team. I woke up at 6am and didn't get back to the hotel till midnight. With moderate use, started surfing at 6am, made several phone calls totaling 3hrs talk time, check email and text throughout the day. And used the phone for navigation since we were out of town.

I often forget to change my phone over night and find I had to really moderate my usage the next day. I ended up buying a spare battery pack and charger for $15. I rarely use the second battery but man is it awesome and stress free to be able to plug in a battery and be at 100% juice in a matter of seconds.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but Note 2 is a phablet and I need a phone. MotoRazr, unfortunately is not available in my country at all. Iphone 5 is supposed to have "Great battery life without a great big battery" and most users seem to bear that truism out. Hence my interest in the iPhone 5....

sirfly2fly

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Iphone does messaging well but may be beat by the Q. The Q cannot do realistic media and lacks the apps. So in the end, i think iphone is more well rounded.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

explain realistic media? Q great multimedia capabilities, it has HDMI out, DLNA, and miracast coming in 10.2, plays majority if not all media formats and a robust entertainment store..

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, the decision just became somewhat easier. BB Q10 just launched in my country and it is priced at par with iphone 5. I see no reason why I should pay that kind of money to Blackberry when I could get Iphone in the same price. Remember, we dont have carrier contracts here. We buy smartphones at the full price.
I am surprised at Blackberry. Considering the fact that their market share has been in a free fall, I would have thought they would have priced products competitively. What incentive does a buyer like me have? Nokia is doing the smart thing here. Lumia 920 is priced much lower than both iPhone and S4.
Now the only question for me is what is coming on WWDC 2013 and whether I should spend a few more months waiting for iPhone 5s/6???

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't played with he new blackberry, but I have an iPhone 5. I can't tell you about the blackberry, but I can tell you that the iPhone 5 is a great phone. It just works. And I am sure that's my other users will say the same thing. The screen is great, the camera is amazing, (even compared to the Optimus G's 13megapixel camera) and the battery is superb. I can last a whole day from around 9-10 am to about midnight. That's when it is at about 10% battery life. And mind you, I used phone all day. Some more than others, yes. But I never need to charge in the middle of the day. So if battery is a big issue for you, the iPhone has a great battery.

You could wait for the newest iPhone to come out in September, that's up to you. I will be sticking with my 5 I am sure. Unless I can find a way to trade it. That's usually what I do. Trade phones.

All the games run great. I currently am playing Fast & Furious 6. The graphics are great and it never skips a beat.

Then if you getter into iOS, you can jailbreak your iPhone 5 or 5S/6 if you wait for that one when iOS 7 comes out. I will tell you, a jailbroken iPhone is the best. I would rather have my jailbroken 4 than my 5 right now, honestly. That doesn't mean that my 5 is a bad phone. I just told you all of the positives to it. It is a superb phone and I love it. But when it's jailbroken, it will be even better.

Just my thoughts. Hope it helps.

Blake

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But you left out everything else i said haha

Oh, sorry...didn't realize you wanted me to comment on an aging HDMi out when everything is going wireless in the world of smartphones, or DLNA...the attempt to connect all your devices together (I guess I'm supposed to be impressed by this but I come from a device that already does this, so forgive my lack of enthusiasm.) You don't have miracast yet, but we'll talk when you do...I've been using my Apple TV for years, so we'll welcome you to the club when you get there. To add to my comment earlier as well, when you mention playing most file types...understand that we have a VLC app for the iPhone that does the same thing (and I'm pretty sure it's available across the board with the Android OS as well).

And then we get to your use of the word "Robust". I'm not sure you're using it appropriately in your description of their entertainment store, but I'm not going to get into a grammatical debate here, I just find it odd you'd use a word that isn't really representing the new born like app store Blackberry users have right now.

That should about cover everything you said...i didn't really leave it out for any particular reason, I just focused on your comment about the phone having great multimedia capabilities, which i found humorous. But since you asked...

Winston Loh

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for taking the time out to reply . Based on what Finn said, I think I ll give S4 another try but I like the iphone 5 better :) Honestly, I dont understand the fan wars between ios and android fans. I am open to both platforms. Just a question of what suits me better, I think.. The Q10 is basically a qwerty messenger and not very good at handling videos and graphics intensive games so I ain't sure about it anymore having just read the review on Gsmarena. Maybe I should change the thread title to S4 vs Iphone instead ;) :)

If you are going to using it a lot for video and gaming, you might want to look at screen real estate and most of all battery life..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods