Change Photo Names When Emailing?

bounce007

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

So my ladyfriend has an iphone 5 ( I don't) and anytime she emails me photos she can only email 5 at a time (which is fine I guess) and in each email the 5 photos are named photo 1, photo 2, ..., photo 5. When I download the pictures to one folder on my computer, i have to keep renaming photos which is kind of annoying. Is there anyway this can be solved so as to not have me renaming photos every time I download more than the first 5? Can the photo naming system of the iphone 5 be changed to say "IMG 001" or could a "photo 6, photo 7, etc" be emailed??

Thanks for the help.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

So my ladyfriend has an iphone 5 ( I don't) and anytime she emails me photos she can only email 5 at a time (which is fine I guess) and in each email the 5 photos are named photo 1, photo 2, ..., photo 5. When I download the pictures to one folder on my computer, i have to keep renaming photos which is kind of annoying. Is there anyway this can be solved so as to not have me renaming photos every time I download more than the first 5? Can the photo naming system of the iphone 5 be changed to say "IMG 001" or could a "photo 6, photo 7, etc" be emailed??

Thanks for the help.

I don't know why if you have these photos on your computer and you "Rename" them to whatever you want in your folders and then go to email them, Why they would rename themselves.
What i do is have every photo in different folders by topic syncd on my phone. When I want to email or even message them I just pick them out and attach and away they go. The names stay the same as what I have them and don't change.

bounce007

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you misunderstood my question.

Say, my lady visits a park, takes 10 pictures with her iphone 5 and wants me to see the pics. Using her phone, she emails them to me, and she can only email 5 at a time (hence, 2 emails). In each email the 5 photos are named "photo 1", "photo 2", "photo 3", etc. When I view the first email using my computer then download the pictures to a particular folder, the photos are saved as "photo 1", "photo 2", "photo 3", etc. So now I have 5 photos in this folder. When I view the second email using my computer then download the pictures to the same folder, "photo 1", "photo 2", "photo 3", etc already exist so I have to either replace or rename the incoming photos.

I wouldn't mind if she took only 10 photos but she takes like 50 or more and as a result sends 10 or more emails with them. So each email has a "photo 1", "photo 2", "photo 3", etc. See why I have to be renaming when I save? It is her phone that is naming the photos "photo 1" etc. Can she send emails with photos where each email doesn't have to have a "photo 1" etc?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain, but don't believe it can be done on the iPhone. You could, however, try something besides email?a shared Dropbox folder would be ideal here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro