Best Buy offer...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if everyone is aware, but Best Buy is offering(today only)the iPhone 5 free with a trade in of the 4 or 4s. This offer only goes for those with Verizon,AT&T,or Sprint,however.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Really? Huge?

So AT&T was giving you this deal, and now Best Buy is giving you $199 for an iPhone 4S... guaranteed that you’re getting the 16GB iPhone 5... and for a good condition 16GB iPhone 4S, you could easily get $250-$300 in CraigsList, eBay or other... sell the iPhone 4S privately and then wait for the iPhone 5s. Heck, even Gazelle is offering $205 for a "good" condition 16GB AT&T iPhone 4S...

(Reference to earlier thread re AT&T's similar deal: http://forums.imore.com/carrier-dis...y-offering-iphone-5-free-iphone-4s-trade.html)

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Really? Huge?

So AT&T was giving you this deal, and now Best Buy is giving you $199 for an iPhone 4S... guaranteed that you?re getting the 16GB iPhone 5... and for a good condition 16GB iPhone 4S, you could easily get $250-$300 in CraigsList, eBay or other... sell the iPhone 4S privately and then wait for the iPhone 5s. Heck, even Gazelle is offering $205 for a "good" condition 16GB AT&T iPhone 4S...

(Reference to earlier thread re AT&T's similar deal: http://forums.imore.com/carrier-dis...y-offering-iphone-5-free-iphone-4s-trade.html)

Sorry, Fausty. Wasn't trying to instigate anything. Just wanted to inform people in case they didn't know. My fianc?e made out good by trading her 4 in this morning.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, Fausty. Wasn't trying to instigate anything. Just wanted to inform people in case they didn't know. My fianc?e made out good by trading her 4 in this morning.

Didn’t say you were. You posted info about a "deal" that may interest some people...

I was just pointing out that if you are willing to do the work (sell it yourself), you could do better. But everything in life costs something: time or money... so if you just want a "quick deal", this may be it...

Last edited:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Didn?t say you were. You posted a link to a "deal" that may interest some people...

I was just pointing out that if you are willing to do the work (sell it yourself), you could do better. But everything in life costs something: time or money... so if you just want a "quick deal", this may be it...

Well, I just posted the info, not the link. My fianc?e isn't much of a "do it yourself" person so Best Buy worked for her. Haha! Regardless, this probably isn't the best deal for someone with a 4s.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just posted the info, not the link. My fianc?e isn't much of a "do it yourself" person so Best Buy worked for her. Haha! Regardless, this probably isn't the best deal for someone with a 4s.

Sorry if I offended - not my intent. I fixed my post to read "you posted info about a deal"... which, as we seem to agree, may not be the "best" deal, but certainly will be of interest to some...

IMHO, it’s all good...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I offended - not my intent. I fixed my post to read "you posted info about a deal"... which, as we seem to agree, may not be the "best" deal, but certainly will be of interest to some...

IMHO, it?s all good...

All good on this end as well. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? Huge?

So AT&T was giving you this deal, and now Best Buy is giving you $199 for an iPhone 4S... guaranteed that you’re getting the 16GB iPhone 5... and for a good condition 16GB iPhone 4S, you could easily get $250-$300 in CraigsList, eBay or other... sell the iPhone 4S privately and then wait for the iPhone 5s. Heck, even Gazelle is offering $205 for a "good" condition 16GB AT&T iPhone 4S...

Yeh i checked out this deal too and am going to have to agree with Fausty 100%. i know what my excellent condition 4S would bring but i did call my local BB and you still have to be upgradeable or they are just not going to just trade you and let your upgrade go if you are not eligible. Verizon who I am with would not go for that. They give you a $150.00 gift card that you can the use towards the $149.99 phone IP5. Again I agree though with Fausty and his theory.

Optid

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Didn?t say you were. You posted info about a "deal" that may interest some people...

Out of all the iPhone 4 trade ins I've done I think I marked maybe one as perfect condition. It's very rare to see. Most people are rough on phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Out of all the iPhone 4 trade ins I've done I think I marked maybe one as perfect condition. It's very rare to see. Most people are rough on phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

My fiancee's 4 was in that rare "perfect" condition. Had a case,screen protector,and never dropped it. Eh, doesn't matter now as she is loving the 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2