I feel like coming back to the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what it is. My Nexus 4 is fluid and I use most apps I used on my iPhone 4S and its an awesome phone I just feel like coming back and I've had the phone for 2 months! Anyone got ANY sort of logic as to why?

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Could be anything. I also switch back and forth frequently. I just purchased the S4 and already switched back. No one can tell you why you decided to switch back except you. For me it was comfort with the iPhone and familiarity. I do like android phones. But I always end up switching back. Maybe its your so used to the way things operate on your iPhone that when you switch and things don't go as smooth you get frustrated. Guessing of course.

Best of luck figuring it out.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
But the thing is, idk what it is! SO.CONFUSING.

Have both. It's like me, if you lose the Nexus and go back to the iPhone in a couple months you'll want the Nexus again. You like enough about both operating systems that it's near impossible to make a decision and be happy about it. I had my iPhone 4, a Blackberry Bold 9930 and HTC Rezound at the same time until I figured out which one I wanted to use. If it wasn't for the quality of the iPhones and their color representation I probably wouldn't have ever picked one. I still want an Android device and I want a Z10 and the Nokia Lumia 928 because I still haven't played with a Windows phone and I love tech that much. I think I'll get to a point where I always have one phone of each OS to okay with and keep one as my daily driver. What it comes down to though is finding the OS that bothers you the least and has the most compelling features that you like and only you can make that decision. End of story, threads like this will make you want to go back to the iPhone but before you ever get around to picking one up you'll be second guessing the idea of leaving the Nexus again. So just do what you need to do to figure out which one you really want to use.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what it is. My Nexus 4 is fluid and I use most apps I used on my iPhone 4S and its an awesome phone I just feel like coming back and I've had the phone for 2 months! Anyone got ANY sort of logic as to why?

Perhaps the more polished apps, smoothness of the UI, better battery life, not having to constantly tweak settings or changing your home screen everyday trying to find the perfect setup. LOL those were my reasons.

Sent from the collector home world.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Could be anything. I also switch back and forth frequently. I just purchased the S4 and already switched back. No one can tell you why you decided to switch back except you. For me it was comfort with the iPhone and familiarity. I do like android phones. But I always end up switching back. Maybe its your so used to the way things operate on your iPhone that when you switch and things don't go as smooth you get frustrated. Guessing of course.

Best of luck figuring it out.
I guess I'll just have to have both. iOS just feels more fluid due to the animations and such im so conflicted.

Have both. It's like me, if you lose the Nexus and go back to the iPhone in a couple months you'll want the Nexus again. You like enough about both operating systems that it's near impossible to make a decision and be happy about it. I had my iPhone 4, a Blackberry Bold 9930 and HTC Rezound at the same time until I figured out which one I wanted to use. If it wasn't for the quality of the iPhones and their color representation I probably wouldn't have ever picked one. I still want an Android device and I want a Z10 and the Nokia Lumia 928 because I still haven't played with a Windows phone and I love tech that much. I think I'll get to a point where I always have one phone of each OS to okay with and keep one as my daily driver. What it comes down to though is finding the OS that bothers you the least and has the most compelling features that you like and only you can make that decision. End of story, threads like this will make you want to go back to the iPhone but before you ever get around to picking one up you'll be second guessing the idea of leaving the Nexus again. So just do what you need to do to figure out which one you really want to use.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the more polished apps, smoothness of the UI, better battery life, not having to constantly tweak settings or changing your home screen everyday trying to find the perfect setup. LOL those were my reasons.

Those are troll reasons.

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are not happy with the handset you are using sell it and buy another personally
i wouldn't use nothing except iPhone because is suits my needs very well of coarse it not for some people.I hope that you get too the bottom of the problem and get suited out

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Not for me. I love Android but I'm happier with my iPhone because of those things I mentioned.

I dont constantly teak settings or get the urge to change my home screen. As mentioned the N4 flies although battery is an issue only with my type of Android phone.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's the form factor of the iPhone that you long for.

I got my Mom a Droid Razr M for her Bday - I set it up for her, and thought that if I had to go Android (gun pointed at my head), that would be the phone I would get. Nice size. Very similar to the iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those are troll reasons.

Seriously? You started this thread with the following post:

Now you call the arguably legitimate reasons given by a Swarlos "troll reasons"? :) Well, hopefully you will come to understand why you are feeling conflicted, but until that time, try your best to continue enjoying the device you are currently using.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I would like you to tell us why? I was thinking of going with Android, but I started playing around with a friends Optimus and I remembered why Android though really cool and awesome OS is not for me.

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I gave android a good solid 1.5 years of usage while switching in and out of iOS iPhones. Now I'm back with my iPhone (iPhone 5) and there's nothing android or anyone else can do to get me to go with them. As long as apple keeps its fluid and reliable OS they will have me as a customer and I will always keep going back. Just got my 5 back and added a new 15" retina display MacBook Pro to my apple collection lol I love it!

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Those are troll reasons.

From personal experience, they were VERY valid reasons for me. Please clarify what makes them 'troll' reasons.

On another note, is labeling any opinion you disagree with as "troll comments/opinions/reasons/etc" a thing, now? This isn't the first time I've seen this, and it's annoying. Is 'troll' the new Godwin's law?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What is this? Are people just starting threads with random, flicker thoughts that they have in the middle of a random day? What's next? People making threads about the point in the day when they felt they needed to pee? Maybe a poo here and there? Oh...and maybe the moment during the day they felt they needed a shower?

You have over a thousand posts else where on the web amongst other device forums...and this is what we get within your first few on iMore?

Come on people...damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal