I feel like coming back to the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
What is this? Are people just starting threads with random, flicker thoughts that they have in the middle of a random day? What's next? People making threads about the point in the day when they felt they needed to pee? Maybe a poo here and there? Oh...and maybe the moment during the day they felt they needed a shower?

You have over a thousand posts else where on the web amongst other device forums...and this is what we get within your first few on iMore?

Come on people...damn.

The Facebook/twitter effect. The need to share our every thought. But this is an Apple related forum, so it?s is ok.. There are technical sections in the forum for deeper topics.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook/twitter effect. The need to share our every thought. But this is an Apple related forum, so it?s is ok.. There are technical sections in the forum for deeper topics.

i don't use social media. i was simply trying to see if anyone else is like me.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
What is this? Are people just starting threads with random, flicker thoughts that they have in the middle of a random day? What's next? People making threads about the point in the day when they felt they needed to pee? Maybe a poo here and there? Oh...and maybe the moment during the day they felt they needed a shower?

You have over a thousand posts else where on the web amongst other device forums...and this is what we get within your first few on iMore?

Come on people...damn.

From personal experience, they were VERY valid reasons for me. Please clarify what makes them 'troll' reasons.

On another note, is labeling any opinion you disagree with as "troll comments/opinions/reasons/etc" a thing, now? This isn't the first time I've seen this, and it's annoying. Is 'troll' the new Godwin's law?

Seriously? You started this thread with the following post:

Now you call the arguably legitimate reasons given by a Swarlos "troll reasons"? :) Well, hopefully you will come to understand why you are feeling conflicted, but until that time, try your best to continue enjoying the device you are currently using.[/COLOR][/FONT]

That was a troll response.

Those are HIS reasons. Don't have to be yours. Troll.

Wow, no need for the hostility. The smoothness thing is false I have an Android phone I think I know how well it performs. I also have no desire to tweak or change to get the "perfect setup" not my problem if he feels like he has to mess around with everything on his Android device.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Each user is independent in their own choices.... What works for user A, will not work for user B.... Etc....

IMO What most consumers are put into is a over load stage where they have to much to choose from... or better yet, one good thing they wish their device had on another device. It's called competition, and it's competition in your own mind that will always have people thinking... You and you only need to decide on what works best for you.

If you get something that other people you know have and use everyday, and they suggest you get the same thing... Does it work out? Will it work out.. Who knows. But don't feel like you are ever strapped down to using something in your life for someone else's personal approval. If that were the case then technology would fail.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
i don't use social media. i was simply trying to see if anyone else is like me.

I don?t mean it in bad way though, I have started threads with things that were on my mind. If anyone doesn?t fancy the post, they are free to not open it. I still find your situation interesting though... If only you can put into words what exactly you like about the iPhone that has you missing it. I find it rather intriguing.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don?t mean it in bad way though, I have started threads with things that were on my mind. If anyone doesn?t fancy the post, they are free to not open it. I still find your situation interesting though... If only you can put into words what exactly you like about the iPhone that has you missing it. I find it rather intriguing.

I think I understand why now. Apps. most apps on Android do look like **** it sucks that even though Google is pushing there Holo UI guidelines developers are lazy.Also many apps(Flipboard, drop box) are updated on iOS first where as I got the magazines update for flip board 2 MONTHS after getting it on my iPad 4. Some apps are even iOS exclusive(Clear, Infinity blade 2, mailbox, Wundermail)

Then the battery issue my iPhone gets 5-6 hours on 3G my N4 pushes out 3-4 hours. then on wifi it gets 6-7 SOT! Even though I know Android is just as fast as iOS the iOS animations make it look smoother.

I now know why I miss my iPhone, although my iPhone has a tin screen which I hate I suppose I will have to keep both phones:p

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, no need for the hostility. The smoothness thing is false I have an Android phone I think I know how well it performs. I also have no desire to tweak or change to get the "perfect setup" not my problem if he feels like he has to mess around with everything on his Android device.

So wait, you dismiss legitimate opinions as 'trollish' because you disagree with them....and you're surprised at the hostility as a result?

return_0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So wait, you dismiss legitimate opinions as 'trollish' because you disagree with them....and you're surprised at the hostility as a result?

No, he dismisses illegitimate opinions as 'trollish' because they are false. It is a blatant lie to say that iOS is smoother than Android (unless you're talking about a manufacturer overlay). There are advantages of iPhone and iOS, but the ones swarlos posted are not part of those advantages.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
No, he dismisses illegitimate opinions as 'trollish' because they are false. It is a blatant lie to say that iOS is smoother than Android (unless you're talking about a manufacturer overlay). There are advantages of iPhone and iOS, but the ones swarlos posted are not part of those advantages.

Thank you.
Although I agree with his point about app quality.

Kristopher_Ri

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I left a the iPhone a couple times but always ended up coming back to it. Now I have the iPhone 5 and couldn't be happier, I think I like the iPhone because of all the case options that I have ha-ha! I also love the UI even though it does need a Refresh badly because it has not changed for I don’t know how many years now…. But maybe that’s what iOS 7 will bring

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
From personal experience, they were VERY valid reasons for me. Please clarify what makes them 'troll' reasons.

On another note, is labeling any opinion you disagree with as "troll comments/opinions/reasons/etc" a thing, now? This isn't the first time I've seen this, and it's annoying. Is 'troll' the new Godwin's law?

Try google+ happens there all the time.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

So basically it's a troll post because you don't agree with it, then?

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
From 'troll' everything to 'cool story bro'. Man, we got some high quality contributions in here today.

I don't understand your hostility. I get it, I made a mistake according to you incredibly amazing smart unbiased and general amazing people, I can't say that Android does not have most of those issues.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I probably should have just bowed out a while ago. My fault. Any reason this shouldn't just be locked? I don't see anything in this thread worth continuing.

Why? I am trying to encourage discussion and you are bringing in negativity. if you dont like what I say, [redacted] ignore me. How [redacted] hard is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73