Whats the average time most people get out of the Battery life

seanwplandry

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just wanted to ask everyone, roughly how long does your battery last on the iPhone 5 with moderate to heavy usage?

I am use my phone regularly but whether I am on it all day or only at random times I still find I am only getting less than a day out of the battery life( maybe 18 hours)

just wanted to know if this was average for other users

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't answer for everyone that has an IP5 but from what I hear everyone talking about and seeing their screenshots along with my IP4S there should not be any reason that you should not get a full day of battery usage from your phone. If it is fully optimized and you are doing everything you can to get opitimum battery usage you should be ok.

Take a moment to read my guide as well:

http://forums.imore.com/ios-6/255179-introduction-getting-most-out-your-battery.html

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine usually goes for 12-14 hours off the charger before needing a recharge. I use it pretty heavily during the daytime.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Just wanted to ask everyone, roughly how long does your battery last on the iPhone 5 with moderate to heavy usage?

I am use my phone regularly but whether I am on it all day or only at random times I still find I am only getting less than a day out of the battery life( maybe 18 hours)

just wanted to know if this was average for other users

I am off my charger at 6 am everyday. I usually always get the 10 percent notification at about 4 pm. I don't think thats all that bad. I use my phone a lot during the day. Back when I was only on EDGE, it would last me all damn day.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
4-7 hours usage. Yes it a big range, but some days my life is so dynamic...

But Standby time is around 15 hrs

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the iPhone 5 (i.e. before iOS 6.1.2) 7-8 hours on wifi, 4-5 hours on cell [USAGE] - standby anywhere from 12-24 hours

After 6.1.2 (and 6.1.3 and 6.1.4): 5-6.5 hours if on wifi, 3-3.5 hours on cell [USAGE] - standby anywhere from 12-24 hours

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I ran a test the other day and I took my phone off the charger at 4:30am and it was at 2% at 8:00pm. I used it for navigation twice (to and from work), listening to podcasts, push email and other regular use through out the day.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
yep... I have never had a complaint about my battery life. Of course I am a stickler for closing apps out of the mutli-tasking tray. The only app I have in there running most of the time is the FitBit app so it will sync in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro