Who is at fault ???

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was on a date last night when I got home at 1am I wanted to look up something online and my iPhone was just loading and safari says that the server is down ? I notice I was at 30% and had three bars 3G no lte signal so it was able to work this never happen before so I just charge it I woke up at 7am and its fine...... So is really the server or my service provider ??

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me try to remove the nonsense from that and see if I can understand what you're worried about.

Last night you tried to find something on safari using your phone. Your battery was at 30% and you were on 3G rather than LTE.

Later, your battery was at 100%, you were on LTE, and you were able to reach the same site.

Things that aren't relevant: your date, the time(in general), and your battery.

This was a network issue. It could have been at one of many places. You've placed it on two possibilities. The site you were trying to reach may have had server issues or may have just been doing maint as it was later at night.

If you weren't on wifi, which is something to notice before you worry about battery life, the lack of LTE might suggest the towers near you were having issues or the service provider was having issues in their hub.

If you were on wifi, it could have been the same basic problems with your ISP instead of your phone provider. It also could have been an issue with your home network.

Ultimately, there's no such thing as a network with 100% uptime. They simply don't exist. It's never happened before. They fixed it. Who cares who is "at fault?" It'll take you more time to pinpoint the problem by making dozens of phone calls until you find someone who is 1) knowledgeable of the outage and 2) willing to discuss it with someone not in the company than it would to just do what you want to do in the first place.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When Safari indicates "server down" - it means the app can't get to the server for whatever reason... be it a network issue on your provider's side, or the web site provider's network, or the web site hosting provider, or the web site itself being under maintenance.

It's your fault for wanting to look something up that could have waited until morning most likely... :p

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
If you reached where you were trying to get to the I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
sounds like there was simply an issue reaching the site you were trying to connect to. sounds like the website was at fault, not the phone. seems kinda frivolous.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was just an issue reaching the site. Most times if you just refresh the page it'll come through. If not, it's probably the site server that's down.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to start every post with weird details now...lol.

So I was eating a taco and watching Happy Gilmore while drinking some freshly made sweet tea when i responded to this...it would seem that the issue was with the site you were trying to connect to, and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If one site is down, try another. If you can't get to anything on the web, it's your service provider. If on'y the one website was down, it's the website. Has nothing to do with your battery and I seriously doubt it was the iPhone 5.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't on wifi and I tried another search engine and still nothing (should have stated that) I was searching for something important and it was critical time so thats pretty serious I need to rely on my phone at all times that's what I'm paying for

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Could have been quite a few things...it's almost impossible to diagnose it from what you've provided over the internet (or at all really, since it was simply a server issue of some sort, of which we've all probably experienced at one time or another).

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't on wifi and I tried another search engine and still nothing (should have stated that) I was searching for something important and it was critical time so thats pretty serious I need to rely on my phone at all times that's what I'm paying for

If you're paying for electronics that never have down times, you should no longer own electronics. Demanding a dream won't make it any more likely.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I guess ��

And I know.

100% uptime for any networking service does not exist, anywhere, ever. Every network WILL eventually have brief outages. The quality services out there keep those occurrences to a minimum, but they still happen.

From your description, sounds like your service provider either had a momentary hiccup, or you were in a dead signal spot. The battery aspect is irrelevant, as battery life does not impact network connectivity in any way. Some Android phones have a feature of automatically turning off either wifi or mobile network service past a certain battery threshold to help save the battery, but the iPhone has no such feature (unless you're jailbroken).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Say if I needed a taxi or a tow truck at 1am and a hiccup or maintaince is lowered I could have been stuck or stranded

Then perhaps you should keep that information handy in a way that doesn't require a web search on the road...I have 2 cab services in my contacts list as well as the AAA number. No offense, but this full reliance on electronic devices is a bit silly to me...there are some very useful things to keep handy from the times before cell phones, being able to get in contact with people or important things is certainly one of them.

Preparation is a valuable skill in life.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was on a date last night when I got home at 1am I wanted to look up something online and my iPhone was just loading and safari says that the server is down ? I notice I was at 30% and had three bars 3G no lte signal so it was able to work this never happen before so I just charge it I woke up at 7am and its fine...... So is really the server or my service provider ??

I think it was your date's fault. :p

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Then perhaps you should keep that information handy in a way that doesn't require a web search on the road...I have 2 cab services in my contacts list as well as the AAA number. No offense, but this full reliance on electronic devices is a bit silly to me...there are some very useful things to keep handy from the times before cell phones, being able to get in contact with people or important things is certainly one of them.

Preparation is a valuable skill in life.

Very true but there are situations that are not under your control or preparation since we have such a sophisticated but yet simple device that can pull all types of information and do so many different things, yet one simple thing it couldn't do at a certain time is crazy I think of my iPhone as an electronic Swiss Army knife not just a phone with glass and metal

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods