itunes is not able to display apps from iphone5

c2tarun

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends,

I am new to IOS + Windows + ITunes. I must be missing some settings. When I plug in my iphone to my laptop itunes detect it and I am able to sync epubs, music, tones and videos. But when I click on apps tab I see a blank list. In side I can see my home screen, that suggests that ITunes is detecting it, just not displaying the list of apps. Can anyone please help me?

itunesshare.png

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It looks to me like you simply haven't actually downloaded any apps to your computer. If you downloaded them only on your mobile they won't show up there until you either transfer them from your phone to iTunes, or download them from your Purchased section.

See here for instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

c2tarun

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It looks to me like you simply haven't actually downloaded any apps to your computer. If you downloaded them only on your mobile they won't show up there until you either transfer them from your phone to iTunes, or download them from your Purchased section.

See here for instructions: Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Thanks for replying, I am not able to understand. Can you please answer following questions?
What do you mean by downloading apps to the computer? How can I download IOS apps to the computer?
What do you mean by downloading apps from purchased section? Do I have to download free apps from purchased section.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying, I am not able to understand. Can you please answer following questions?
What do you mean by downloading apps to the computer? How can I download IOS apps to the computer?
What do you mean by downloading apps from purchased section? Do I have to download free apps from purchased section.

Right now your Apps are only on your phone. You need to also download them to your computer for them to appear in your iTunes library. You do this doing iTunes on your computer, or by using the Transfer Purchases option described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848

The link I gave in my earlier comment above gives instructions on how to do this, with pictures to guide you along the way. Please see that for full instructions, but here is the text from the page:

To view or download previously purchased:

Apps, Books, Music, Movies, or TV shows on iOS

Music, Movies, or TV shows on Apple TV

Apps, Books, Music, Movies, or TV shows on a computer

Using iTunes 11 or later

Open iTunes on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)
Make sure that you have "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" enabled in your iTunes preferences by going to iTunes > Preferences under the Store tab. Then, click OK.
If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
After you've signed in, click the Library button located in the upper-right of the iTunes Store.

Navigate to your iTunes library for the respective content type you wish to download using the content selector in the upper-left. Choose Music to download songs, Movies to download movies, and so on.

Locate the item or title you wish to download.
Click the download icon to download that item.

Note: The download icon for previously purchased movies is located to the right of the movie title. To download previously purchased apps and books, you'll need to navigate to the Purchased page under the Quick Links section in the iTunes Store. For more information, follow the steps outlined below for iTunes 10.7 or earlier.

Using iTunes 10.7 or earlier

Open iTunes on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)
If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
After you've signed in, click on the iTunes Store button located in the upper-right of your iTunes library.
From the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, click on the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).
Click Purchased located in the Quick Links section on the resulting page.

From your Purchased page, you can click the tab for the content type, if you would like to download other previously purchased items (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).

Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.
Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item.

Note: If you want to download previously purchased items that are already in your library, you'll need to remove them before the download icon will appear. Learn how to delete an item from your library in iTunes for Mac or Windows.

Notes:

To download previous purchases on a computer, your computer must be authorized for the Apple ID that was used for the original purchase. For more information about iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization see, this article.
Books you purchase on your computer may be downloaded to your iOS device as well as your computer, but you may only read them on your iOS device. If you have auto-download turned on for your iOS device, books you purchase on your computer will download to your iOS device as well as your computer, but you may only read them on your iOS device.
If they are offered for purchase in 1080p, you can download previously purchased 720p HD TV shows and movies in 1080p. Learn more about downloading in 1080p.
Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer on the iTunes Store. Downloading previously purchased movies and TV shows requires iTunes 10.6 or later.
It is recommended that you always back up your iTunes library in the event that a purchased item is no longer available on the iTunes Store. For more information about backing up your library, see this article.

ALTERNATE METHOD:

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer
Summary
If you purchased items from the iTunes Store and the only place you have them stored is on your iOS device or iPod, you can transfer them to any computer that is authorized for your iTunes Store account. This feature adds an extra layer of protection against losing your valued purchases.

Products Affected
iPad, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, iTunes Store

If you want to transfer iTunes Store purchases from an iOS device or iPod to a computer, be sure to authorize the computer before connecting the device. To authorize, follow these steps:

Open iTunes.
From the Store menu, choose Authorize Computer.
In the dialog that appears, the Apple ID button is selected by default.
Enter your Apple ID and password, then click the Authorize button.
If the iTunes Store purchases on your device were purchased with multiple accounts, you will need to authorize the computer for each one.

To transfer iTunes Store purchases from your device to a computer, follow these steps:

Connect your device to the computer. If it is synced with another iTunes library, the following dialog may appear:

Click the Transfer Purchases button.

Important: Clicking Erase and Sync will delete any existing content currently on your device. The content will be replaced with whatever existing content is in the current iTunes library your device is connected to. If there is no content in the iTunes library, nothing will be synced to your device, and your device will be empty.
iTunes will begin copying any purchases made with any account for which the computer is authorized.

If when you connect your device you are not prompted by the dialog above, it could be that the option "Do not ask me again" was previously selected. Fortunately, there are two more ways you can copy your purchases from your device.

After connecting your device to the computer and its icon appears in iTunes, go to the File menu, then Devices, and choose Transfer Purchases from "(Your device name)".

Or, you can Show Sidebar from the View menu, and then right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your device in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.

Please note that this feature works only for items that were purchased on the iTunes Store. Any items imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources will not copy from your device to the iTunes library. Please see this article for more details.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2