I was just wondering from time to time I can see that my iPhone 5 battery is not as good as it use to be.. I was just wondering if there is any possible way to reset your battery and make it good as new or is that impossible?
    05-23-2013 02:06 AM
    apple talks about hos to keep and maintain a healthy battery. Not sure if its from the instruction manual or website but i remember reading various tips. One is fully depleting and fully recharging your phone at least once a month.
    05-23-2013 07:32 AM
    The battery in the iPhone is a Lithium Ion battery. It does not suffer from memory effect, but it does have a lifespan, I think of 1000 full charge cycles. It cant hurt every once in a while to drain your battery down to less than 10% then let it fully charge back up. I do this about once a month or when I remember.
    05-23-2013 08:07 AM
    [Warn]
    I was just wondering from time to time I can see that my iPhone 5 battery is not as good as it use to be.. I was just wondering if there is any possible way to reset your battery and make it good as new or is that impossible?
    [/warn]

This is the third thread you posted in regarding ways to improve your battery life. Please post about a given subject in one thread and be patient while awaiting a reply. Thank you.
    hydrogen3 and jmr1015 like this.
    05-23-2013 08:45 AM
    You can't reset a battery...a battery works on cycles of charging and after one charge, it will never be "new", nor can it be returned to a "younger" state. You can try the power cycling techniques (google it if foreign to you), but honestly, you're not going to find any substantial changes doing so. Going through your apps and seeing if any of them are running location services more often than others can certainly affect battery life, and turning off LTE can also help slightly...none of these things are going to make a big difference though, you're talking, all together, maybe a tiny bit of return on overall battery life in the end.

My battery on my iPhone 5 before i swapped it out (for a faulty power button) is identical to the one that was given to me as a replacement...and i really never noticed any major drop in battery life over the time i had the first one...if you're noticing a substantial decrease in battery life, you may have an issue with your device, or you may have an app that is sucking it dry that is having a problem. Are you jailbroken? How often do you charge it?

Lot's of questions that you could answer for us to help you are still left...what you've given us isn't nearly enough to properly assist you with anything.
    05-23-2013 10:10 AM
    05-23-2013 11:44 AM
    The battery in the iPhone is a Lithium Ion battery. It does not suffer from memory effect, but it does have a lifespan, I think of 1000 full charge cycles. It cant hurt every once in a while to drain your battery down to less than 10% then let it fully charge back up. I do this about once a month or when I remember.
    I do this every day, it doesnt make a difference...
    09-23-2013 05:34 PM
    I do this every day, it doesnt make a difference...
    09-23-2013 06:03 PM
    You can't reset a battery...a battery works on cycles of charging and after one charge, it will never be "new", nor can it be returned to a "younger" state. You can try the power cycling techniques (google it if foreign to you), but honestly, you're not going to find any substantial changes doing so. Going through your apps and seeing if any of them are running location services more often than others can certainly affect battery life, and turning off LTE can also help slightly...none of these things are going to make a big difference though, you're talking, all together, maybe a tiny bit of return on overall battery life in the end.

My battery on my iPhone 5 before i swapped it out (for a faulty power button) is identical to the one that was given to me as a replacement...and i really never noticed any major drop in battery life over the time i had the first one...if you're noticing a substantial decrease in battery life, you may have an issue with your device, or you may have an app that is sucking it dry that is having a problem. Are you jailbroken? How often do you charge it?

Lot's of questions that you could answer for us to help you are still left...what you've given us isn't nearly enough to properly assist you with anything.
    I know this is an old thread but I have a iphone 5 jailbroken that for the past few months has been dies very very fast. I am not sure how to trouble shoot apps to see if there is one using more battery than another.

Today it was at 100% and I left the house then 30mins layer it was at 65% and by the time I got where I was going an hour and a half later it was at 15%. This is almost unbearable. I am about to order a battery just not sure what battery is the correct one and if there was a way to check the apps first.

Thanks

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2014 07:19 PM
    What tweaks/animations do u have running that can be causing your battery drain?
    04-02-2014 07:23 PM
    [Warn][/warn]

This is the third thread you posted in regarding ways to improve your battery life. Please post about a given subject in one thread and be patient while awaiting a reply. Thank you.
    04-30-2015 03:15 PM