Battery Question

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sure this has been asked a million times.

My battery life was awesome, then pretty much a week ago my battery won't last the day.

I have made no changes only updates.

Does wifi really eat battery ? What else might it be ? FB ?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If it happened quickly like that, without your usage habits changing drastically, then I suspect you may have a bad battery. Wifi itself should not be a rapid battery drainer. You would see a larger battery decline when pulling a weak cellular signal, LTE usage, etc. My phone drains the fastest, for example, at work when I am pulling a weak 3G signal at my desk while streaming music. Do you have your screen cranked to the brightest level? Have you tried a restore of the phone to see if fixes the issue?

2k1

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the brightness set that thing to low cause that will kill the battery for sure. Turn off notifications ya don't use. Bluetooth if not using make sure that is off also. If none of that helps I would say restore as a new phone on a new firmware and see if problem still happens. Seems like a trip to the apple store is gonna be in your future

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I have apple care so I'm pretty sure bad batteries are covered.

Was trying to not use any claims for when I sell it.

With Apple it could be months and months until a new phone comes out.

Love apple ... hate the waiting

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I have apple care so I'm pretty sure bad batteries are covered.

Was trying to not use any claims for when I sell it.

With Apple it could be months and months until a new phone comes out.

Love apple ... hate the waiting

I don't think it would use up a claim for a bad battery. I think apple would replace it outright under warranty. They were going to replace my old 4 for a bad home button until doing the alcohol trick a bunch worked for it. I wasn't even the original or second owner either lol. Apple stands behind their products and you should definitely still be within the one year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

2k1

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Agree with him there. I changed out one iPhone 5alreafy cause of wifi issue and didn't have to make a claim on the phone. Might be worth a shot at it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner