Just switched over to iPhone 5 from using BlackBerry for 13 years! Need Help with Mail!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We all thank you and wish more would take this approach. No matter we still enjoy the questions, That is what we are here for.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you really stuck with blackberry till now and used a Q10 for more than 10 sec you would not have switched to the 7 year old iOS. I went the other way - dropped my iPhone for Z10 and love it so far. Return the i5 and give the Q a real try. Unless you need lots of fart apps etc...

Really your argument is age and fart apps? I agree BB10 is a fresh start for blackberry but in no way can it compare with iOS. Just the fact alone that Blackberry World is a joke with its app selection.

Here is a screenshot of the blackberry world homepage showing the top apps and games only two of which are notable the others are just pathetic!

hu3azega.jpg

Sent from the collector home world.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Really your argument is age and fart apps? I agree BB10 is a fresh start for blackberry but in no way can it compare with iOS. Just the fact alone that Blackberry World is a joke with its app selection.

Here is a screenshot of the blackberry world homepage showing the top apps and games only two of which are notable the others are just pathetic!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/hu3azega.jpg

Don't feed the trolls ;)

But if you want a really good chuckle, search Blackberry world for terms like "kijiji". You'll see just how may of the 100k apps are duplicates. Even funnier, look through the travel section of the store. There are thousands "apps" that just contain travel information about an individual Asian town or city. Literally, there are hundreds from a single vendor, each about an individual town.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't feed the trolls ;)

But if you want a really good chuckle, search Blackberry world for terms like "kijiji". You'll see just how may of the 100k apps are duplicates. Even funnier, look through the travel section of the store. There are thousands "apps" that just contain travel information about an individual Asian town or city. Literally, there are hundreds from a single vendor, each about an individual town.

I just couldn't help it LOL.

SixStringMadness

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I would think comparing the OS and level of app selection are two different comparisons.

SixStringMadness

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Very true but it was still an asinine attempt to compare BB10 to iOS especially with those points.

Well, very rarely do I run across any individual slamming another platform in an open , basically anonymous forum, with many "valid" points.

Usually regurgitated buzz words.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Comparing apps isn't the best way to argue. Every developer who has worked with the different platforms will probably agree that apple has one of the best sdks out there.. Not saying the bb android or anyone of them can't get better just saying that's a huge advantage to apple at this point.. Partially because ios has been around longer and is easy to work with.. One of the biggest complaints about bbs before bb10 is that the sdk was really hard to use.. I'm saying this as least biased as I can be.. I want all platforms to succeed as that's what pushes innovation

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Comparing apps isn't the best way to argue. Every developer who has worked with the different platforms will probably agree that apple has one of the best sdks out there.. Not saying the bb android or anyone of them can't get better just saying that's a huge advantage to apple at this point.. Partially because ios has been around longer and is easy to work with.. One of the biggest complaints about bbs before bb10 is that the sdk was really hard to use.. I'm saying this as least biased as I can be.. I want all platforms to succeed as that's what pushes innovation

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

BB10 is much improved in this aspect, although still nowhere close to the Apple/Microsoft level.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73