Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought that auto brightness kills the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Not in my experience. Just disable it, go to a dark room and then slide the lever to the position that is suitable for you if you were to read in the dark or in a low-light environment and then enable auto-brightness. The lever should adjust the brightness according to the level of light in your environment but should not slide below your minimum setting. It does not negatively affect my battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone has not been charged since around approximately 1 or 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I currently have 9% remaining charge. Normally, I put it on the charger at around 10%, but I want to completely drain it before recharging.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The most my iPhone 5 will go is like half a day or less depending on how I use it.. Anyway to reset the battery to make it better?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You're the only getting 12 hours? Wow that sucks. I usually try to plug it in right at 1%, but if my phone dies it does not bother me. Also, yes I have read the articles, but I have also read articles on the same sites that say its bad, that previously said that killing the battery was good. Opinions change, no need to get heated. You have your methods that get 12 hours and I have mine that gets almost 2 days. I'll continue using my system, as it works for me.

iPhone 5 64GB White
iPad Mini 32GB Black
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2009
2x Apple TV 3rd Gen.

I call bs your not getting 48 hours of usage there is a difference between usage and stand by time post a screenshot ohh mighty one.. I get 12 hours of actually hardcore usage :)

Streaming videos talking texting surfing 12 hours

And if you don't know where to look its settings>general> usage
I posted a pic for you that shows what apple claims your phone can do.. As you c an see nothing but stand by is even close I think you need to understand usage a bit better :)

nyqa4ema.jpg

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
It goes down when I watch MacBreak weekly, or iMore show podcasts while traveling, or if I Instagram heavily. I don't know why people get so hostile on the forums. I obviously have my battery trained fairly well, and my 'charge fully->almost complete drain' system works for me. If you prefer to charge yours differently, that's good for you, no ones forcing you or even telling you to charge your phonelike I do. I just shared my experience in hopes to help the OP.

iPhone 5 64GB White
iPad Mini 32GB Black
2x Apple TV 3rd Gen.

I didn't mean to come at you like that but when I said I got 12 usage you said that sucks.. And actually it's really good and I do that charging whenever and rarely letting battery die! :) I can get 48 stand by without an issue :)

I tried putting smileys to ensure I'm speaking
Friendly haha I have nothing against you man!

By the way, Your subtle attempt at an insult failed. I'm not a first time iPhone owner, I know how to check usage times.

And it wasn't an attempt at insult I simply thought you may not have known nothing more nothing less!

I'm in IT and help many people of many knowledge bases I try to never underestimate people and what they know! However I also try to be informative as well. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes 2 days standby, it lasts longer the less I use it. I didn't know I said 48 hours of straight usage. I don't think I did. Anyways, I'm not obsessed with my phone, I can stand not to use it. I'm more in favor of face to face communication. I always have it on me, but I just don't sit on it for no reason. I use my iPad or MacBook for most things, iPhone only when I'm away from those. Anyways here's what I'm at right now with very light use. View attachment 31229

iPhone 5 64GB White
iPad Mini 32GB Black
2x Apple TV 3rd Gen.

This there a way to get in on this sort of charging method after charging it "improperly" for more than a year? O_O I really want that battery life lol I'm on a 4S btw

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody had any problems with the Facebook app causing usage times to go up?

My phone is being eratic now. The usage time and standby times don't match exactly but now they will match for an hour....then they stop. A while later they will both jump again. I'm guessing it's probably an app but all the apps I thought it could be I have uninstalled. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73