Earpiece mesh cleaning.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there any possible way to clean the iPhone 5 earpiece mesh other than using a brush? I have white dust underneath the mesh! Does any one know how to open the screen and remove the mesh piece and clean it? Anyone tried it? Do you recommend it?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless it's interfering with performance I would leave it. You start tinkering with voiding warranties once you open up your phone. Plus you need to get the special tool to remove the screws. It's totally up to you and merely my opinion, but I'd trying spraying (slightly) with a can of air before going inside. If even that. Good luck!!

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't use compressed air. It will blow out the ear piece resulting in no sound. I use a soft artists watercolor paint brush. I hold the phone upside down and brush the mesh. Cleans it every time.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Compressed air will not blow out the earpiece as long as you don't point the nozzle directly into the earpiece. Blow the air across the earpiece.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Compressed air will not blow out the earpiece as long as you don't point the nozzle directly into the earpiece. Blow the air across the earpiece.
I do the same thing not blowing as you said directly in as opposed to across and have been doing it for over a year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2