iPhone 5 Call Quality Issue (Verizon)?

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
So I am wondering if anyone else has had people on the other end of their phone call say they sound like they are in a tunnel. My friend can be next to me on his 5 on Verizon and it not sound the same? Would this be a microphone breakdown issue or just the network? Im in Tennessee and we have great 4G in the area I am in. Wanted to know if anyone else had any complaints with this? The Verizon reps really cant do anything over the phone since its the only phone I have. They had me do a network reset and check off a new setting or two about data roaming but I still get get the same complaints about sounding like I am in a tunnel or talking to softly. And I do not have a case on the phone either. Thanks in advance!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Having 4G or not is irrelevant to voice quality on Verizon... 4G is for data only at this time - that will change when Verizon deploys voice over LTE... which might happen even later this year... voice quality can be effected by the tower you're on being at or near maximum call capacity for the cell site... it could be a hardware issue with the phone - a visit to an AppleStore and being able to replicate the issue with an AppleGenius would likely result in getting your device replaced if they determine there's a hardware issue.

rward01

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had excellent call quality so far with the i5 on Verizon. I would recommend going to your nearest Verizon store and have them check it out. Without having another phone to switch to to test the quality it is hard to say if it is the phone or the network. Is this something that started recently?

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Honestly it's been that way since Ive had the phone for the past month. Just got it a month ago. My friend can be sitting next to me and on the same tower Im assuming (he also has VZW) and no issues on his end. No Apple store here locally, closest one is like 4 hours away :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711