are they trying to turn the iphone into a android device

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have never found any problems with the Native mail app and use gmail set up as IMAP and have never had any issues at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know, maybe it's because I'm new to iPhone, but I really like the native mailbox app. I don't quite understand why many people dislike it.

Personally, the native mail app is more than sufficient for my emailing needs without a doubt, and I have 5 email accounts. However, for many others, the native mail app isn't sufficient for them and that's okay. Thank GOD for choices...;)...for the past few weeks, I have been using both the Mailbox app and the Yahoo mail app and both are worthy of use, but I know I'm going to delete those apps and re-configure both Yahoo and Gmail with the native mail app soon.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It makes sense when you understand how Google makes its profits.

When you use search in a non-chrome browser, Google has to pay a portion of the ad revenue to that company. So when you use google search via your iphone's safari browser, Google has to pay Apple money, and it is not a small amount.

Apple believed to rake in over $1 billion yearly from Google search referrals
Google Could Pay Apple $1 Billion Next Year To Remain Default Search Engine On iOS, Report Says | TechCrunch

That's why Google released chrome for the desktop and IOS - when you use google's services via their own browser, they don't have to pay a cent to anyone (since they are effectively paying their referral fees to themselves). It's purely profit-driven.

However, IOS has limitations which make it difficult to stick with an alternate browser, especially when it is not the default browser. Links in mail open in Safari, not chrome, for instance.

So to convince IOS users to stick to the "Google ecosystem", Google has to develop their own suite of self-contained apps that aim to replicate and replace Apple's own default apps. I believe the whole idea is simply to convince people to use their services more, so they earn more revenue, or at least pay less to Apple. :p

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Whats up with all this google stuff coming on board to the ios devices. Everyday it seems another service is being announced. If I wanted a android device I would buy one. On the other hand I guess its good somebody is putting out service that will work on iOS if Apple isn't going to do it. I tried this latest google hangout which is part of google + and it took me all of about 5 minutes to dump that crap off my iPhone

Because having more choices is bad? Is anyone forcing you to use Google's software on your iPhone? Should other people NOT have that choice merely because YOU don't like it?

I'm not seeing where the actual "problem" is here besides...well....actually, what's the problem?

"We want less voluntary choices and options on our iPhone, and that makes it better!" I really don't get this mindset at, it just baffles me in every possible way. Posts like this are where 'iSheep' stereotypes come from.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Whats up with all this google stuff coming on board to the ios devices. Everyday it seems another service is being announced. If I wanted a android device I would buy one. On the other hand I guess its good somebody is putting out service that will work on iOS if Apple isn't going to do it. I tried this latest google hangout which is part of google + and it took me all of about 5 minutes to dump that crap off my iPhone

What's up is the everyone's complete misunderstanding of Google's business model. Google makes from money from you using their services, not selling products. Under that business model it is wise to have your services on as many devices as possible to bring in as many users as possible. More users = more money. Microsoft makes more money directly from the sale of an Android device than Google.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to replace my iPhone now the only way I get push email Is using The gmail app pretty disappointed in that but ohh well.. iOS will never be android google no longer has any native apps on iOS you have to
Download them your choice you either will or won't. The thing I will never complain about is more options though, just because you don't like or need an app doesn't mean someone else doesn't IMO

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2