Broken/Found iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosa39rams

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm going to need some help here!

I found an iPhone 5 in a snow bank a little while ago. The LED is all messed up and the phone is non-operative. Could I take this iPhone to apple (in Canada) and exchange it for a new one? Would I get a free one? Would I get charged the out-of-box warranty service? Would I even get that? I can't tell the size of the iPhone, who the carrier is, or anything about it. I believe it may be water damaged but I don't see the indicator, so I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks a lot for the help.

sosa39rams

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is/was it your phone? If no, you are not entitled to any kind of replacement of the device whatsoever.

No, it is not mine. But what would be the difference had I bought one over Kijiji and it was broken. Could I bring that to apple and would they do the out-of-box replacement?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Likely the phone is black listed and can not activated.

If you can not tell what carrier it is for, to call them up to send it back. Then drop it off at your local law enforcement office.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since it is not your phone there's nothing you can do with it, except, like John said turn it in to law enforcement.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No, it is not mine. But what would be the difference had I bought one over Kijiji and it was broken. Could I bring that to apple and would they do the out-of-box replacement?
Apple owes you nothing in terms of warranty or any other kind of service in regard to that device. It's not your phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can always turn it in to the local police department. There's a chance that the owner filed a police report for a lost/stolen iPhone 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711