Newb JB restore question

NewtG.

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am a newb with the JB and I apologize if this has been covered but some searching did not reveal an answer to my question, which is this, I am on 6.1.2, JB iphone 5 and would like to know if it is possible to set up my phone like new through iTunes, keep 6.1.2 and re-JB it without worrying about an auto update to 6.1.3 or 6.1.4?
I am having odd respring issues as with some here that I have read about, and I may have too much on iphone, or possibly conflicting apps.
Activator
APPList
Auxo
Bars
BigBoss Icon Set
Blurried NCBackground
Bolt
Cylay
Download to Newsstand
f.lux
Five Icon Dock
Five-ColumnSpringBoard
ForcastIFile
IphoneModding(not sure where that came from)
Mobile substrate
ncRam for Votification
NCSettings
PDANetResetAllKillerRespringLoader
Software Update Killer(incase kids get in, cauz their little hakers allready)
Substrate Safe Mode
Wee PreferenceLoader
Zepplin
Again as a newb here I do not know what is automaticaly added with JB but I remember adding most of these tweaks but not all
Any recomendations on getting rid of anything here:confused:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The simple answer is no, it's not possible. If you want to keep your jailbreak, you'll have to take the time to troubleshoot to find out exactly which tweaks are causing the problems.

You'd get much better advice by posting such a thing in the "jailbreak..." forum rather than the iphone 5 though. Your thread will likely be moved there soon enough.

What I'd suggest is watching what you're doing when it resprings. If you can do that, you'll have at least somewhere to start troubleshooting. Ie, another user was having issues with the wiggly mode in folders causing his phone to respring. Locating which tweaks would have something to do with icons made it easier to figure out the respring.

Can you duplicate actions that cause a respring? Or does it appear to be purely at random?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711