iPhone 5 Keyboard Clicks

Has the keyboard click volume bug happened to you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I apologize ahead of time if someone has already posted this, I searched the forums and didn't come up with anything that I could see.

Firstly, I just got my iPhone 5 on Verizon and I absolutely love it so far, but I am running into one tiny problem. I've noticed that on occasion the keyboard click sound will suddenly get extremely quiet (almost inaudible) even with the volume turned all the way up. I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it so I'm not sure what the exact cause is, but restarting usually helps. Also, oddly enough, turning DOWN the volume from the app switching menu while its happening fixes it as well.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue as well and if anyone knows of the cause? I've had it happen to me on both iOS 6.1.3 (which is what it shipped with out of the box) and iOS 6.1.4 which is what I'm running now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ This. As soon as i take the iPhone out of the box and start setting it up, it's one of the first things i do.

That said, there are several "audio" glitches that seem to still happen with iOS 6...one you might find often is the audio volume lowering after accessing Siri via holding down the home button. I can still make mine do that right now. Others have said that they noticed the same kind of audio volume issue after a long phone call is ended.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like Alli & Sean have already stated, turning off the keyboard clicking sound is one of the first things I do. I have intentionally left it on for the majority of a day, but thats about it, and during that time, I didn't notice any fluctuation in volume or anything.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Not saying this is it, but I've covered my speaker with my finger while typing and practically muted the sound. Especially without a case that blocks practically all sound. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I do always turn it off when I'm hooked up to my Bluetooth speaker so the clicks don't go through it.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I unlike the rest here actually prefer the keyboard clicks on and I can confirm that the audio does go a little quiet on the clicking sometimes and my speakers are not covered.

I feel as though since 6.1.2 it happens a lot less than it use to. Still happens but not nearly as much.

I think it is just a software bug not the phone itself.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the click sounds too and I have never experienced any lowering of click volume when using my iPhone 5.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
New to iPhone 5, have the white, 64gb version from T-Mobile with 6.1.4. I also prefer the click sound and mine is always at the same level. I think the 6.1.4 update was for sound.
PS Love the phone.
Vinny

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Not saying this is it, but I've covered my speaker with my finger while typing and practically muted the sound. Especially without a case that blocks practically all sound. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I do always turn it off when I'm hooked up to my Bluetooth speaker so the clicks don't go through it.

That's actually what I thought I was doing at first, but quickly ruled that out. It only seems to happen every once in a while, but when it does it's completely random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711