iMessage/Text

avth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I used to have that too, and would want to put it back to that , can anyone advise what I could do with it?thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I used to have that too, and would want to put it back to that , can anyone advise what I could do with it?thanks

It seems you're not sending a message to an iMessage device. Make sure you have selected an iMessage recipient.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The actual problem is the reverse of that--not that you're interrupted in the act of unlocking your phone, but that you get an incoming text that makes you want to get into your phone, but not directly to the message.

Again, that's an isolated event. You're not suggesting the majority of your texts push you into contacts?

When you look for "problems," you'll find them. Viewing this as a "problem" is evidence enough of a search. The change wouldn't stop the search. As such, the change would also be "problematic."

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Again, that's an isolated event. You're not suggesting the majority of your texts push you into contacts?

When you look for "problems," you'll find them. Viewing this as a "problem" is evidence enough of a search. The change wouldn't stop the search. As such, the change would also be "problematic."

I don't understand what you mean by the majority of texts pushing me into contacts, as that wasn't what I suggested at all. At any rate, it's not an issue I actively searched for, but it did come up organically in several instances. Not just with the contacts example, but also a text that required me checking my calendar ("Are you free Friday afternoon at 3?") or using Safari ("What was the name of that restaurant we ate at in the city?").

I'm not sure why you're against removing a step here--especially when it doesn't take away the current behavior. You can still go right to the message by simply sliding the notification icon.

I agree that people can fixate on what their devices don't do, but to me this is just not one of those times. To me this is more a case of needlessly redundant design.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is DEFINITELY one of those times. If there's a "problem" with iPhone's text messaging, it's the lack of something comparable to "Quick Reply."

Keep in mind, the "problem" you have with the functionality is entirely different than what the OP was complaining about. It was EXACTLY what I said it was rather than the "reverse" you mentioned.

I asked if the majority of your texts drove you to contacts assuming you'd relate that to other apps as you were mentioning it driving you to other apps.

It's not that I don't think it can be redundant. I just don't see the point in complaining about something small rather than wanting to gain actual functionality.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree?to me that change would indeed make things more functional, even if only a bit. It's not the only functionality I'd add, but it wouldn't hurt anything, to my mind. But to each their own.

As for quick reply, I agree totally?it's one of my main reasons for jailbreaking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711