Camera photos not showing up

chweehar

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Why is all my photos taken on my iPhone did not appear on my iPad even though they are linked ? And why it is when viewing my photos from my laptop they turn up side down?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Camera

If you mean photostream... I believe your iPhone has to be on wifi, and maybe even plugged in to a power source before it will upload to photostream... and the photo orientation issue is a Windows thing... I'm not sure what you can do about that... perhaps others can chime in with a solution.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

As far as your pics being upside down, which way are you holding the phone when you take pics meaning where are the volume buttons as they need to be on the bottom or the picture will be reversed.
As far as getting ALL your pics you take from the camera roll to your iPad you take your pics, then you can have the phone on WI Fi or then turn WI Fi on after although I have mine on already and as soon as you close your camera app. the pics should go WI FI to your iPad w/o it having to be plugged in to a power source and they should appear in your photostream folder same as on the laptop.

[EDIT] You can also read this thread but just ignore the email part. It happens no matter what because it has to do with the orientation of holding the phone as you will read.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s/227624-photos-showing-up-upside-down-after-opening-email.html

chweehar

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the help,yes I did take the photo with the buttons facing up as I did with a normal camera , so will do it the other way round from now on but how do I fix those photos which I have taken previously ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Taking the photo with the buttons up will not change the orientation issue you are referencing...the problem rests in the viewing software, not the iPhone itself (the most common being email programs like Outlook, and even Mac Mail in the past). You can simply rotate the pictures orientation in a photo editing software or uploading site (imgur has an easy rotation tool when you upload to their servers before it is saved).

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Taking the photo with the buttons up will not change the orientation issue you are referencing...the problem rests in the viewing software, not the iPhone itself (the most common being email programs like Outlook, and even Mac Mail in the past). You can simply rotate the pictures orientation in a photo editing software or uploading site (imgur has an easy rotation tool when you upload to their servers before it is saved).
That is true although the buttons down taking the shot will help but like Sean said. When you get the pics over to your laptop just simply opening them in most photo software you can rotate them to how they should be. I use Picassa and it is very easy to do with that program from Google and even email them right from the program.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Phone orientation seems to affect video though, so don't dismiss the affect it may have on photos.

I tend not to watch the orientation of my phone when I take video, but my mom will always reply to me whether the video got to her upside down or right side up when I email her.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Phone orientation seems to affect video though, so don't dismiss the affect it may have on photos.

I tend not to watch the orientation of my phone when I take video, but my mom will always reply to me whether the video got to her upside down or right side up when I email her.

Again, this has to do with viewing software, not the iPhone...regardless of video or still picture, the iPhone orientates itself to take the picture or video properly, even in vertical mode.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Do u mean that I have to rotate the pictures one picture at a time?

If they are already taken, yes (if the person receiving them is still getting falsely rotated pictures). My iPhone 5 doesn't do this anymore, and i just tested it a few times with pictures and videos i had in my camera roll...they all came properly. I also just tested taking a video with the buttons on the top and on the bottom...both emailed to myself and both came out with proper orientation.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

You can rotate them all at once in most viewers. Just select all that need rotating and click rotate.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Again, this has to do with viewing software, not the iPhone...regardless of video or still picture, the iPhone orientates itself to take the picture or video properly, even in vertical mode.

Regardless, it's easier for me to change how I record my videos as opposed to explaining to my mom how to fix the piece of software she's using.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Regardless, it's easier for me to change how I record my videos as opposed to explaining to my mom how to fix the piece of software she's using.

Changing how you record the videos (orientation wise) isn't going to fix a viewing software issue...so your attempt to do so is kind of moot honesty.

chweehar

May 14, 2013
Visit site

If changing how we record n how we take the short is not going to help, that seem the Apple needs to come out with a better soft wear.������

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Changing how you record the videos (orientation wise) isn't going to fix a viewing software issue...so your attempt to do so is kind of moot honesty.

It won't fix the issue, but it will seem correct from my mom's perspective who I send certain videos too. Many times, she's commented that I sent her the videos upside down. Other times, right side up. Until she and I have time to sit down and correct the issue, it's easier for me to figure out which orientation works for her.

greenviewer

May 13, 2013
Visit site
well, I used to have the same problem with you on mac.Then I turn my self to image browser for mac named Photo+. I can view photos directly without importing my photos to mac. All the photos auto rotates to vertical. works great.
Don't know if there's a version for iPad....

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

It won't fix the issue, but it will seem correct from my mom's perspective who I send certain videos too. Many times, she's commented that I sent her the videos upside down. Other times, right side up. Until she and I have time to sit down and correct the issue, it's easier for me to figure out which orientation works for her.

Absolutely. I have to do the same thing with my mom because her PC will show things upside down if they're shot the "wrong" way on a camera. (Not just on iPhone.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711