Sync iPhone with new computer

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I should know the answer but can't seem to find it... A friend needs to sync her phone with the computer because her power button is stuck down. The phone was synced originally with the computer before it crashed and now needs to sync it. How does one do this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before what crashed? The computer or the phone? If the computer is what crashed, I am assuming it is now working properly, and if so, and her files and programs are intact, connect the device to the computer via USB, fire up the iTunes program and sync. If it was the phone that crashed and you had to restore it, connect the device to the computer via USB, initiate the iTunes program and sync.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So you're saying that she simply wants to sync her iPhone on a new computer?
Just have her download iTunes, connect via USB, let iTunes, give it a minute
for the comp to install the drivers, let iTunes recognize the phone, and then hit
the sync button.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
No. If you choose to sync photos/music with the phone, it'll use the library on the computer to overwrite the phone. It won't work in reverse.

If she didn't have the music saved elsewhere, you'll want to get a third party program on the computer to pull the music from her phone to the computer.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest using DeTune to download all the music from her iPhone to the computer. It's real simple to do and it's completely free. I've uploaded all 1800 of my songs back to my computer when I got a new one from the library on my iPhone. I would also suggest using version V.5 or 10.5 not sure what its called it has a 5 in it the previous one before the last released. Sorry to hear about the computer though.