• I've had to swap 1-3 times

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I've had to swap 4+ times

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have. Twice. The first time was for LTE radio issues. The second (which was last week) was for a bad power button.

My wife is on her first though. It's in perfect shape.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife's had a ding to right out of the box. The did not do a warranty swap. They did a retail swap. I did not count that as a swap because she never even activated the phone. Never even took the plastic off due to the ding.

I count mine cause I didn't notice it till we got all the way back to my friends apartment after waiting all night.

Sent from the collector home world.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I still have my original iPhone 5 that I preordered on launch. No problems what so ever with it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jamesb93612

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 on launch day and I had it replaced in January due to faulty power/sleep button. I fear that this one is now going bad because it is starting to exhibit the same behavior. You would think that Apple would fix this problem already since it is a well documented issue. Had the same issue with my 3GS and 4.

ksison

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced my iphone5 w/ a new one last night at the Apple Store due to a faulty power/sleep button. It was my first time experiencing the genius bar, and i was pleasantly surprised at how fast and quick the process was. The rep just quickly looked at the info and button problem and brought out a new phone. I honestly didn't expect to get a new phone.

So glad, not only cuz the power button now works, but now my phone now has no scuffs and scratches ;-P

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 still runs fresh as new. Some micro-scratches on the surface from normal wear and tear, but nothing alarming.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I had my iPhone 5 swapped last week for a sleep/wake problem. The button would only respond to presses to the left side of the button. This is the first Apple device I've ever had replaced under warranty.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I swapped my original I got on launch day because of signal dropping issues and never made itnto my car with the swapped one, went right back in for basically the same issue and when they gave me another swapped device all was good from that point on

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on launch day and had to get it swapped a few months in due to a faulty power button. Apple swapped it without hesitation and new one has been perfect since.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I had to swap mine out after it overheated so bad that I couldn't even touch it. I had wear a pair of winter gloves that I still had in my car to take it from my desk to the apple store across the street. Even the person that helped me out couldn't believe how hot it was. After 15 minutes, he said it was bad software which I didn't understand since I'd only had the phone a couple months and did the IOS updates OTA. He swapped it out with a new one with no problem. I never purchased a warranty or apple care when I bought it either. My son needs a new phone bad since he's using an android so I'm letting him use my upgrade at the end of June to get a 16GB iPhone and I'll continue on with mine. I don't see the need to get the newest one when it comes out.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered my 5 and received it within 10 days of release. No major issues so far, no swaps. However, I think my iPhone 4 - which performed flawlessly the whole time I had it and has gone on to a new life with another owner - had far better speaker sound. My 5 sounds very "tinny" - harsh, almost. Otherwise, though, always ready to go when I need it.

ljpuk

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My original lasted 7 months before I had little purple specks on my pictures. Camera housing failure so got a replacement.

Not a bad thing as a lot of the black had worn off it.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon iPhone 5. I got it replaced just last week because the headphone jack didn't work. Sound would be great until I plugged in headphones, then there was either no sound or very quiet. I was very impressed with customer service at my local Apple Store! The nice lady helping me plugged in her headphones to test it, and after just a couple seconds she told me I was getting a new phone.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I've not swapped mine yet- nearly had to because of the purple lines when taking photos in bad light but it's not done it since i took my case off. My brother swapped his about 3 times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox