• I've had to swap 1-3 times

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I've had to swap 4+ times

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no swaps and I got mine the last weekend in September. **knocks on wood**So far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Swapped once because of faulty power/sleep button...that said, i have no questions about the build quality of this phone, it's fantastic. Sh*t happens as they say.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My partner and I both got ours at launch and both are running well. More than I can say for my black iPad mini which I shattered twice lol.

bsia

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I had to take my iPhone5 in last week .... everything worked except I couldn't make or receive calls for more than 10secs and it started making a strange noise .... and then disconnected. Took it into my local Apple store in Kingston UK .... and they were great .... just exchanged it for a new one. How good is that. - but looks like all this will be coming to and end ... and then it will be sent off for repair .... Shame, if its still under guarantee it should be replaced if found with a serious problem.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've seen many people on social media sites like twitter saying they've had to exchange their iPhone 5 many times. Many 5+ times. My wife and I received our iPhone 5's on release date and we both still on our original. I'm wondering if people are actually having that many problems or are just being ridiculous about their swaps?

Have you swapped? Or no?

Garz see ya on Twitter at times so good to see ya in the forums. I have never had to swap mine...Oh I don't have a 5 yet. I am still on 4S and lovin it! :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Bought my original in mid-November. Did a swap because of a faulty battery on January 31st.
Then, sometime in March, I took an iPad Mini to return at the Apple Store and as the employee
scanned my receipt on my iPhone, he dropped my phone. They swapped it then and there.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered my 64gb white 5 from Verizon and it's worked fine since the day I got it with the exception of the "NO SIM" error that I fixed by removing and cleaning the SIM card.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 5 from Apple.com on release day... worked perfectly for a while... then it started being wonky with the camera... swapped it once and it’s been perfect ever since.

nogutsnoglory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately yes. Purchased my first iphone and it had a bad rattle in the camera area. After much research on this Site and others I concluded that the rattle was more than normal and required the apple store to issue a brand new phone or I would return it. New phone doesn't have the nasty rattle

rward01

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had to take my first i5 back to Verizon an hour or so after I purchased it. It had a purplish line going from top to bottom and was clearly visible on darker backgrounds.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Not yet. But I've had every iPhone that I have owned replaced at least once. At some point before my 1 year warranty is over I will have it replaced.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 on the release date and had to swap it out about a month later because of extremely poor connectivity to Wi-Fi. I had been in the Apple store several times before they swapped it and recognized that there was a problem. They were able to detect with their device that in fact I was having Wi-Fi problems. The guy in the store said they were having problems with the first batch that were manufactured before the release date.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I swap my 4s once because of the headphone jack and that was tiny 5 is perfect I wish LTE was up and running as good as 3G is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

m_thoroughbred

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought 16GB black in January
Exchanged for a 32GB black a week later
Exchanged for a 32GB white a week later
Sold 32GB white on Craigslist cuz I needed the T-mobile version
Bought 32GB White Tmobile version

You do know that the one you had would have worked on T-mobile's network right? That's me assuming that you has the AT&T version.

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1368824498.159026.jpg
I got my iPhone 5 on release day. Up to now I have had it swapped twice, so I am currently on my 3rd iPhone 5. The main issue was purple vertical lines when trying to take a picture. It was very intermittent. Apple said they still wasn't aware of that type of problem but they still swapped it at no cost or any hesitation. So far so good with me third.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on release day and had to swap that day because I noticed a ding in the casing now I have a few more scuffs LOL oh we'll at least I have AppleCare+.

Sent from the collector home world.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife's had a ding to right out of the box. The did not do a warranty swap. They did a retail swap. I did not count that as a swap because she never even activated the phone. Never even took the plastic off due to the ding.

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Had to take mine in earlier today for a bad microphone. Then in the store the one the rep cut on to activate the screen was dead on. Now I am having bluetooth issues with this one so Ill be going in yet again tomorrow. That Q10 is starting to sound good....