All of my friends and family are going to pass out

joeye333

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been a very strong blackberry supporter for the last 7 years with currently owning the 9930. Blackberry was something to be proud of and show off for several years. As I decided to stay a big backer when everyone else I knew had already jumped to the Iphone or Android devices leaving me by myself for the last 2 years, am tired of feeling alone in the smartphone world. I waited out for the BB10 devices to help me make a decision, Z and the Q10 are nice but I'm ready to join the Iphone bandwagon. In a couple of years, may go back to the Blackberry platform when the new OS has matured with many apps to pick from. My question is: should I go ahead and get the Iphone 5 or wait for the 5s? If I knew that the 5s would be coming out this summer, I'd wait. My contract is up with Verizon so my new phone will be with a 2 year contract.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's easy to recommend that you wait for the 5S, but since no one knows exactly when it will be released, I recommend that you take the current latest & greatest -- the iPhone 5. I have it and it is awesome.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I think you should get the iPhone 5. You may ask why and I'll say that iPhone 5 has a real technology hidden inside its really amazing body. Plus it will get all the latest iOS updates and all. It doesn't lags a bit nor shows any signs of getting heated up or ANYTHING! It just works flawless.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 is the latest right now, it's a great phone! don't wait on something that you don't know when it'll come and how it'll be. Hopefully you won't regret it! C'mon jump right in!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you can wait for this years release I would especially because you will be in it two years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you can wait for this years release I would especially because you will be in it two years

I agree with this. Chances are excellent release will be next month. If it's not released next month, then you could go ahead and get the 5.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site

I would wait. If you get the 5 you will have the "old" phone in just a few months you want to get in and get the most for your money.

Oh and welcome to the iphone side buddy!

Last edited:

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
If it's as soon as Noaim and Alli says I would wait it out even though I think my 5 is amazing !

BTW Welcome to iMore joeye333 :)

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 has lte and if you get lte in your area the huge speed bump in your phone Internet is a great upgrade. If high speed isn't available in your area just wait for the next iPhone. I was waiting for the bb10 phone too but I had no idea if it would have lte and decided it wasn't worth waiting and got an iPhone 5.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this. Chances are excellent release will be next month. If it's not released next month, then you could go ahead and get the 5.

Agree with these two wait it out a little longer as we're right around the corner from WWDC and some big announcements.

Sent from the collector home world.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I made that same transition I had a bold 9900 and I switched it for an iPhone 4 and a couple months later the iPhone 5 came out and I got the second batch of iPhone 5 that was released and I'm happy I did.. I miss blackberry but had if for long just wanted a change and happy to come to iPhone rather then androids

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been a very strong blackberry supporter for the last 7 years with currently owning the 9930. Blackberry was something to be proud of and show off for several years. As I decided to stay a big backer when everyone else I knew had already jumped to the Iphone or Android devices leaving me by myself for the last 2 years, am tired of feeling alone in the smartphone world. I waited out for the BB10 devices to help me make a decision, Z and the Q10 are nice but I'm ready to join the Iphone bandwagon. In a couple of years, may go back to the Blackberry platform when the new OS has matured with many apps to pick from. My question is: should I go ahead and get the Iphone 5 or wait for the 5s? If I knew that the 5s would be coming out this summer, I'd wait. My contract is up with Verizon so my new phone will be with a 2 year contract.

If you wait for the "next big thing" you will always be waiting.

That being said, Apple typically runs on a 12 month release cycle and the iPhone 5 was released in September of '12 so I figure the next one won't be until sometime between August and November of '13. Whether to get the iPhone 5 or wait for the next one really depends on when your current contract is up. If it's up now, may as well get the iPhone 5. If it's not up until July or later, I'd say wait for real solid news on the next iPhone and run monthly during the gap.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
WAIIIIIT!!!!!

If you care how long your hold the latest and greatest in your hand then WAIT. Don't buy Septembers technology. Wait for the 5S and know that youre holding the "king phone" in your hand for about the next YEAR not SEASON.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
There is always going to be something new if wait you spend all your time waiting .. On a side note your iPhone 5 will be worth money even after 5s drops so I and sure you can sell your 5 and buy a 5s full retail and only pay the difference of maybe 200 bucks

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Buy a 5 used off contract and run it until the 6 comes out. I personally think that Apple will increase the pace of updates since a lot of people think they are falling behind Android due to the lack of a larger screen.