IP5 Shuts Off While Making a Video...

IPhoneAlan

May 9, 2013
Visit site
We've got an Iphone5 with all the IOS updates. Settings indicate we have almost 15G free memory.
While we're making videos the IPhone suddenly turns off and the Apple logo appears as it re-boots.
This usually happens after maybe 8-10 minutes of recording (the videos are fine to that point).
How can we prevent that?

Thanks,

Alan

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Alan, Thanks for the question. To me it does not look like the shooting of the video has to do with a random reboot. Since you have the latest update to the OS is there a chance you can go ahead and back up your phone first and then try and reset your phone up as new. It appears there is some kind of glitch in the software making it reboot and I have looked on Apple in their KB section and cannot find anything relating to shooting video and a reboot. Since you have a IP5 and if this does not cure it I would contact your local Apple store for a Genius Bar Appt. Thank you and good luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you ever get a temperature warning? (I'm assuming not as you would probably mention it)

Videos really work the processor after a while, i was shooting a fairly long (5-7min.) of racing at the track a few weeks back and my iPhone became quite hot while doing it, but it never shut down. It's very possible you have an issue with the GPU inside of it and it's going into protect mode due to temperature...that's really all i can think of that would cause a random restart while doing movies at length.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen